Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: OT: Yanks getting NO-Hit but score a run anyway

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Yanks getting NO-Hit but score a run anyway

errors, walks and passed balls...O's can't even pitch a no hitter correctly

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reminds me of Andy Hawkins no hitter that he lost 4-0. Those were bad days for the Yanks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is not a fluke either ... Cabrera has NO HIT stuff ... his problem is a common one for young flame-throwers, he often walks the ball-park and has no idea where the ball is going ... but on those nites when his control is sharp, he's capable of throwing a no-hitter ... dude throws like 100 MPH fastball with a hard slider that breaks like a curveball

This kid reminds me of a young Randy Johnson or Nolan Ryan ... his control is a mess, but his stuff is amazing and if he ever harnesses it as Johnson and Ryan did over time, he could be an elite SP for many years to come

PS. I was very aware of what this kid is capable of before tonite ... so much so that I actually benched Robby Cano in the finals of my fantasy baseball league tonite, and Cano has been on fire ... hitting .343 ... and Cano had the lefty vs righty matchup tonite ... and I'm a Yankee fan ... and I still benched Cano Vs Cabrera!
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 09-28-2006 at 09:51 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    going into the 9th, does torre put in Jeter just to try and break this up? That is kind of an A-hole move, but you never know

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham

PS. I was very aware of what this kid is capable of before tonite ... so much so that I actually benched Robby Cano in the finals of my fantasy baseball league tonite, and Cano has been on fire ... hitting .343 ... and Cano had the lefty vs righty matchup tonite ... and I'm a Yankee fan ... and I still benched Cano Vs Cabrera!
    I swear, right after I posted this I realized Cano was due up second in the 9th inning, and I had a feeling he would break up the no-hitter ... Just because I posted this!

And of course he did with a clean line-drive to left field
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 09-28-2006 at 09:57 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank god that got broken up. Last thing i wanna see is the yank's get a no-hit in their heads in the last few days of the season. That and the last time they got no-hit by houston it was a brutal game to watch