Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oliver Stone: Bush Set America Back 10 Years

All Pro

Oliver Stone: Bush Set America Back 10 Years

Oliver Stone takes a blast at Bush
    Posted 9/28/2006 8:43 PM ET E-mail | Save | Print | Subscribe to stories like this

SAN SEBASTIAN, Spain (AP) Filmmaker Oliver Stone blasted President Bush Thursday, saying he has "set America back 10 years." Stone added that he is "ashamed for my country" over the war in Iraq and the U.S. policies in response to the attacks of Sept. 11.
    "We have destroyed the world in the name of security," Stone told journalists at the San Sebastian International Film Festival prior to a screening of his latest movie, World Trade Center. The film tells the true story of the survival and rescue of two policemen who were trapped in the rubble of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, after they went to help people escape.

"From Sept. 12 on, the incident (the attacks) was politicized and it has polarized the entire world," said Stone. "It is a shame because it is a waste of energy to see that the entire world five years later is still convulsed in the grip of 9/11.

"It's a waste of energy away from things that do matter which is poverty, death, disease, the planet itself and fixing things in our own homes rather than fighting wars with others. Mr. Bush has set America back 10 years, maybe more."

The director of blockbusters such as "Platoon," and "JFK" said the U.S. reaction to the attacks was out of proportion.

"If there had been a better sense of preparation, if we had a leadership that was more mature," he said. "We did not fight back in the same way that the British fought the IRA or the Spanish government fought the Basques here. Terrorism is a manageable action. It can be lived with," said Stone.

Stone rejected allegations that U.S. authorities may have known about the attacks in advance and said the real conspiracy came after.

"I think that conspiracy-mongering on 9/11 is a waste of time," he said. "The far greater conspiracy occurred after 9/11 when basically a neo-cabal inside our government hijacked policy and went to war. That was as broad a conspiracy as we can get and it was about 20, 30 people. That's all, they took over and all these books are coming out and they are pointing it out," said Stone.

"This war on Iraq is a disaster. I'm disgraced. I'm ashamed for my country," he said. "I'm also ashamed that America has attacked itself with its constitutional breakdowns. I'm deeply ashamed."

In the United States' favor, Stone posited that it's not responsible for all the world's problems.

"You can't see that the United States is responsible for all the evil in the world because you can see so many dictators and so many bestial acts all over the world now. .... There is something in the human heart, the international human heart, that is evil," said Stone.

"That's the evil that turns its mind and ears on humanity and is able to say 'I can kill a person in the name of God or religion.' This is not a human being, this a fanatic. And I fear that fanaticism is the result of our overreaction to 9/11," said Stone

All Pro
    And yet them men, that is atleast barbarians that call themselves men who saw civilians heads off and post it on the web, blow up women and children on a day to day basis, kill innocent and completely harmless people every single freaking day get a pass?

I am sick and tired of this freakin nonsense. I mean what side are these people on?

Why is it that people cannot understand just what this war is all about. We are in a fight of ideology and livelyhood. This is a clash of civilizations that started well before President Bush took over. This war has been coming for years, its just now we finally have a leader that is willing to fight back; not crawl into cave or hide in some interns vagina.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

classic who the left looks to for knowledge/political thought....

Beleive it or not Stone's above rant is actually worse then his movie "Any Given Sunday"....

[QUOTE=JYtheJETSfan]This war has been coming for years, its just now we finally have a leader that is willing to fight back; not crawl into cave or hide in some interns vagina.[/QUOTE]
    :yes: :yes: :yes:

Oliver Stone is a successful moviemaker who is burdened by a gravity he believes accompanies his opinion. Maybe he would be relieved of this sense of self-importance if people like 2009fatman did not breathlessly repeat his words like divine revelation. Tell us, 2009fatman, what does Barbra Streisand think? Ben Affleck? Come on, blow us away!

Banned
    [QUOTE=JYtheJETSfan]And yet them men, that is atleast barbarians that call themselves men who saw civilians heads off and post it on the web, blow up women and children on a day to day basis, kill innocent and completely harmless people every single freaking day get a pass?

I am sick and tired of this freakin nonsense. I mean what side are these people on?

Why is it that people cannot understand just what this war is all about. We are in a fight of ideology and livelyhood. This is a clash of civilizations that started well before President Bush took over. This war has been coming for years, its just now we finally have a leader that is willing to fight back; not crawl into cave or hide in some interns vagina.[/QUOTE]

what is the war about?(the Iraq war that is)

and I suppose Oliver Stone is another one from the long line of war hero turned liberals who need to shut there mouths,, lets let the million dollar AWOL babys run the show(and the ones like them who support them, and basically run the world)

Keep talking millionare babies who would move to france before you ever have to serve yourself

[QUOTE=Renaissance10]what is the war about?(the Iraq war that is)

and I suppose Oliver Stone is another one from the long line of war hero turned liberals who need to shut there mouths,, lets let the million dollar AWOL babys run the show(and the ones like them who support them, and basically run the world)

Keep talking millionare babies who would move to france before you ever have to serve yourself[/QUOTE]

Give it up, loser.

Banned
    [QUOTE=sackdance]Give it up, loser.[/QUOTE]

? why am I a loser?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Renaissance10]what is the war about?(the Iraq war that is)

Keep talking millionare babies who would move to france before you ever have to serve yourself[/QUOTE]

First and foremost, the war in Iraq is about 3 things.

1. Removing Saddam from power, in the end keeping him from developing weapons of mass destruction (that now are hidden in the Bekkah Valley).

2. Trying this madman for commiting not only war crimes but genocide against numbers of peope, although most would not be aware of it since the liberal / communist media refuses to touch on the subject.

3. In the war of ideology and civilizatoins in which I spoke of in my first post here, the Iraq war gives our society a foothold and battle ground to engage and destroy our enemys on their territory, not ours. Something of which I dont expect the average liberal idiot to understand.

All Pro
    Second:

It doesnt look like your boy Oliver is so much of a man of struggle as you suggest, lets see here, some quotes from his bio:

"his father was a succesful broker on wall street"

"As a child he was raised by a nanny because his mother frequently took vacations to France. He grew up as a child of privilege."

"Says he kicked a cocaine habit by moving to France while writing Scarface (1983)."

"Speaks French fluently."

"Is a friend and admirer of Cuban Premier Fidel Castro"

Here is a beauty, straight from the idiots mouth:

"Nationalism and patriotism are the two most evil forces that I know of in this century or in any century and cause more wars and more death and more destruction to the soul and to human life than anything else."

Yep, that is a man that has struggled through his life in my eyes and that has a logical grasp on reality :yes:

[url]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000231/bio[/url]
    Last edited by JYtheJETSfan; 09-29-2006 at 03:28 AM.

All Pro
    So, 2009Fatman

Let me think about this for a second. You find an article and you see that it has SOMETHING to do with complaining about the war in Iraq or President Bush. So you decide oh, this makes sense (without reading it, the typical liberal action) and post it on this message board.

So my question to you is, WHAT THE F*** is your point? If Bush or this country is so evil, then why are you allowed to voice your viewpoint on this site? Try to write this while living in Teheran and let me know how it works out.

PEACE!

Banned
    [QUOTE=JYtheJETSfan]First and foremost, the war in Iraq is about 3 things.

1. Removing Saddam from power, in the end keeping him from developing weapons of mass destruction (that now are hidden in the Bekkah Valley).

2. Trying this madman for commiting not only war crimes but genocide against numbers of peope, although most would not be aware of it since the liberal / communist media refuses to touch on the subject.

3. In the war of ideology and civilizatoins in which I spoke of in my first post here, the Iraq war gives our society a foothold and battle ground to engage and destroy our enemys on their territory, not ours. Something of which I dont expect the average liberal idiot to understand.[/QUOTE]

1) Do you know for sure Saddam had Weapons of Mass Destruction? How Come Sott Ritter who was head of the Weapons Inspection Team was completly against going into Iraq because he said Saddam had none(do you know something no one else knows?)

2) How about trying GW Bush for war crimes? There have been thousands of dead innocent Iraqis which was was a result of Bush orders,,, also perhaps Saddam knows something that none of us realized and that is those Iraqi people need a daddy because they sure as hell have no hope of living peacful in the near future....(also please go into detail about the genoicde that Saddam commited that the liberal/commuinist media doesnt report)

3) Do you serve yourself? Or are you just another from a long line of gung ho chickenhawk Republicans who spew your crap from the comfort of the states and send the poor and brainwashed to fight your wars,, if you are currently enrolled or plan on enrolling I apologize....

Banned
    [QUOTE=JYtheJETSfan]Second:

It doesnt look like your boy Oliver is so much of a man of struggle as you suggest, lets see here, some quotes from his bio:

"his father was a succesful broker on wall street"

"As a child he was raised by a nanny because his mother frequently took vacations to France. He grew up as a child of privilege."

"Says he kicked a cocaine habit by moving to France while writing Scarface (1983)."

"Speaks French fluently."

"Is a friend and admirer of Cuban Premier Fidel Castro"

Here is a beauty, straight from the idiots mouth:

"Nationalism and patriotism are the two most evil forces that I know of in this century or in any century and cause more wars and more death and more destruction to the soul and to human life than anything else."

Yep, that is a man that has struggled through his life in my eyes and that has a logical grasp on reality :yes:

[url]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000231/bio[/url][/QUOTE]

Who said anything about struggle, the fact is he served, and that is more then I can say about most gung ho war Republicans,,,, and this is a great quote becuase it is 100% true: "Nationalism and patriotism are the two most evil forces that I know of in this century or in any century and cause more wars and more death and more destruction to the soul and to human life than anything else."

Banned
    [QUOTE=JYtheJETSfan]So, 2009Fatman

Let me think about this for a second. You find an article and you see that it has SOMETHING to do with complaining about the war in Iraq or President Bush. So you decide oh, this makes sense (without reading it, the typical liberal action) and post it on this message board.

So my question to you is, WHAT THE F*** is your point? If Bush or this country is so evil, then why are you allowed to voice your viewpoint on this site? Try to write this while living in Teheran and let me know how it works out.

PEACE![/QUOTE]

you are right,, thank god we still live in a country that still allows freedom of speech, because the alternative is living in a country controlled by people like you who want to censor and shut up people who have a different point of view(then what the government tells us)

Lets all thank god the USA is still a (somewhat) free country!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=JYtheJETSfan]And yet them men, that is atleast barbarians that call themselves men who saw civilians heads off and post it on the web, blow up women and children on a day to day basis, kill innocent and completely harmless people every single freaking day get a pass?

Why is it that people cannot understand just what this war is all about. We are in a fight of ideology and livelyhood. This is a clash of civilizations that started well before President Bush took over. This war has been coming for years, its just now we finally have a leader that is willing to fight back; not crawl into cave or hide in some interns vagina.[/QUOTE]

the sad thing is people from Afghanistan such as Hamid Karzai who were affected by terrorism get it....those in la-la land who have no sense of reality and, as has been said on this board, equate fame with wisdom have not a clue....

How ironic is it Stone claims the President "set the nation back ten years"....ten years ago bin-laden comfortably sat in sanctuary in Afgahnistan planning, coordinating then pulling off atack-after-attack after publicly saying he'd do so...yet the commander in cheif at the time now claims, "I did everything I could responsibly do"...

sure he did...and I'm sure Stone agrees with him...

Banned
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]the sad thing is people from Afghanistan such as Hamid Karzai who were affected by terrorism get it....those in la-la land who have no sense of reality and, as has been said on this board, equate fame with wisdom have not a clue....

How ironic is it Stone claims the President "set the nation back ten years"....ten years ago bin-laden comfortably sat in sanctuary in Afgahnistan planning, coordinating then pulling off atack-after-attack after publicly saying he'd do so...yet the commander in cheif at the time now claims, "I did everything I could responsibly do"...

sure he did...and I'm sure Stone agrees with him...[/QUOTE]

Hamid Karzai another useless shill who looks like he is afraid to say what he really thinks,, wives of Republicans know what I am talking about....

And what does Afghanistan have to do with Iraq? Why do Republicans always change the subject

and the people of Afghanistan? last I heard the Taliban was making a comeback

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

sackdance is right...you are a loser...

[QUOTE=Renaissance10]Hamid Karzai another useless shill who looks like he is afraid to say what he really thinks,, wives of Republicans know what I am talking about....

And what does Afghanistan have to do with Iraq? Why do Republicans always change the subject

and the people of Afghanistan? last I heard the Taliban was making a comeback[/QUOTE]

read the article, comprehend it then get back to me with something other then your Err America drivel.....
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 09-29-2006 at 10:24 AM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]sackdance is right...you are a loser...[/QUOTE]
    Maybe Ren10 can scoop together all his handles (at least the ones that haven't been banned for calling posters "kikes") and respond one-by-one in the thread in which Warfish requests the non-Bush take on things. As a message to all in this forum, this a-hole (Ren10, bman, YellowSub, etc.) isn't worth dignifying with legitimate debate - not any of his handles.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=sackdance]Maybe Ren10 can scoop together all his handles (at least the ones that haven't been banned for calling posters "kikes") and respond one-by-one in the thread in which Warfish requests the non-Bush take on things. As a message to all in this forum, this a-hole (Ren10, bman, YellowSub, etc.) isn't worth dignifying with legitimate debate - not any of his handles.[/QUOTE]

they all hang out at Borders Books on Saturday drinking sh!tty coffee and complaining how things are soo bad....

[QUOTE][B]It doesnt look like your boy Oliver is so much of a man of struggle as you suggest, lets see here, some quotes from his bio:[/B][/QUOTE]

Oliver Stone is a Vietnam Vet. He served an 18 month tour of duty in the 25th Infantry Division and the 1st Cavalry Division and was wounded twice in action. He was awarded the Bronze Star with "V" device for valor for "extraordinary acts of courage under fire", and the Purple Heart with one Oak Leaf Cluster. I d call that being "a man of struggle".

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]classic who the left looks to for knowledge/political thought....

Beleive it or not Stone's above rant is actually worse then his movie "Any Given Sunday"....[/QUOTE]
    ahh, i kinda liked any given sunday to be honest, so does that mean his above rant isn't that bad?