Thread: Twins Owner Punks Yankees

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Twins Owner Punks Yankees

Hey guys,

Anybody hear what the 91 year old Twins owner said about the Yanks ??

He said he wants to play the Yanks in the first round cause he knows the Twins will beat them...

Considering the Yanks have pretty much owned the Twins in the past, he might want to back off that statement. Might want to wish to play the A's in the first round.

It was funny as hell when I heard it earlier today. I hope Steinbrener responds to this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leon hess also said he hired Rich kottie to "win now", these guys get senile when they get into their 80s and 90s.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc
    Leon hess also said he hired Rich kottie to "win now", these guys get senile when they get into their 80s and 90s.
    Kottite didnt have a bad track record before he came.Not great though

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What i've heard is they want to play the yankees because they think the yankees are the team to beat. it is easier to beat a better opponent in 5 games than in 7. the longer the series, the more likely the better team will win, thus they want the Yanks in the ALDS.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    Kottite didnt have a bad track record before he came.Not great though

you're right....he was coming off a 7-9 season where he lost the last 7 games of the season after starting out 7-2. Great hire!

He then preceeded to go 4-28 as Jets coach

at least he gave us Chrebet!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rep
    What i've heard is they want to play the yankees because they think the yankees are the team to beat. it is easier to beat a better opponent in 5 games than in 7. the longer the series, the more likely the better team will win, thus they want the Yanks in the ALDS.
    I see the logic here. However, this means the Twins would have to purposely stop playing for the division and just settle for the wild card.