Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Mets getting no respect

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Mets getting no respect

can anyone explain to me this bs with the mets and lack of respect from people around the country/media. theyve won plenty of games without pedro playing and im trthfully happy that i know he wont be throwing his 83mph fastballs over the heart of the plate and getting nailed with a 17 era like he has over his last 4 starts. the mets are so far above the competition in the national league its histerical. the cards are in danger of missing the playoffs and weve taken care of the phillies since may. somehow, according to an espn frontpage poll, 35% of people have them losing first round, another 33 second round. this is possibly the most electric team in baseball, or at the bare minimum national league, and they cant get any credit! i cant wait for them to sweep there way right into the world series and return the favor from the 2000 series

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    4 words:
    Glavine, Duque, Trachsel, Maine.
    Not scary.

Oswalt, Clemens, Pettitte...scary, for both leagues!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks!
    4 words:
    Glavine, Duque, Trachsel, Maine.
    Not scary.

Oswalt, Clemens, Pettitte...scary, for both leagues!!!
    the astros couldnt score a run if their life depended on it.

and their pitching is hittable.

the mets are the most balanced team in the NL and have the best PEN in the majors.

case closed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Respect is earned. Who cares about the media, either? Just win.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    the astros couldnt score a run if their life depended on it.

and their pitching is hittable.

the mets are the most balanced team in the NL and have the best PEN in the majors.

case closed.
    Their life HAS depended on it the last 8 games and they have scored 55 runs! Almost 7 a game!!
    I know the last few have been against a lesser opponent but they HAVE scored them!!
    That trio has shut down teams in the past and you know how tough Clemens & Pettitte will be in the postseason.

Based on your 4 starters, your pen BETTER be the best. It is gonna be busy!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Twins have the best bullpen in baseball first of all. Secondly, if the Mets win they will get the attention. They haven't won yet. And if they lose, it will be because of their SP's...Pedro was brought in to win playoff games, and he is not here, case closed. Now lets see who they play and if they win respect and attention will come their way.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Mets might be able to make the World Series, but you just aren't going to win vs the AL lineups without an ace.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WayneChrebet
    Twins have the best bullpen in baseball first of all. Secondly, if the Mets win they will get the attention. They haven't won yet. And if they lose, it will be because of their SP's...Pedro was brought in to win playoff games, and he is not here, case closed. Now lets see who they play and if they win respect and attention will come their way.
    how is that? the twins???????

Wagner > Nathan.................what else you got?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rep
    The Mets might be able to make the World Series, but you just aren't going to win vs the AL lineups without an ace.
    only time will tell.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares about respect. Respect doesn't= championships. Let the team prove them wrong.. Im sick of hearing Chad gets no respect. The mets get no respect. Get over it....Prove the media wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Geez. Sucks to be the Yankees then,.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    Who cares about respect. Respect doesn't= championships. Let the team prove them wrong.. Im sick of hearing Chad gets no respect. The mets get no respect. Get over it....Prove the media wrong.
    Exactly. While I don't seek respect from the media, it's not like the Mets deserve any... yet. Let's see how they do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'll take my chances in a 7 game series.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Nathan is deff. better than Wagner first of all. Secondly, the #'s do not lie:

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pag...b_regular.html

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Odds are you're correct, but it's not impossible.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gmortner
    can anyone explain to me this bs with the mets and lack of respect from people around the country/media. theyve won plenty of games without pedro playing and im trthfully happy that i know he wont be throwing his 83mph fastballs over the heart of the plate and getting nailed with a 17 era like he has over his last 4 starts. the mets are so far above the competition in the national league its histerical. the cards are in danger of missing the playoffs and weve taken care of the phillies since may. somehow, according to an espn frontpage poll, 35% of people have them losing first round, another 33 second round. this is possibly the most electric team in baseball, or at the bare minimum national league, and they cant get any credit! i cant wait for them to sweep there way right into the world series and return the favor from the 2000 series
    Just saw in the Daily News that Adam Rubin predicted the Dodgers winning in 5.

Talk about no f*cking respect!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    i had seen the mets steamrolling right through to the world series but i think the dodgers was the worst draw the mets could have gotten
    they have really been on a roll and got great pitching
    i think the mets win the series but its gonna be much closer that people originally thought...especially if el duque cant go

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

How is Wagner better then Nathan? Nathan has a lower ERA (1.58 to 2.24), has blown less saves (Nathan's blown 2 in 38 outings, Wagner 5 in 45), and opponents are batting over 60 points lower against him (.212 against .285 for Wagner).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ryan44: Don't let stats get in the way!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan44
    How is Wagner better then Nathan? Nathan has a lower ERA (1.58 to 2.24), has blown less saves (Nathan's blown 2 in 38 outings, Wagner 5 in 45), and opponents are batting over 60 points lower against him (.212 against .285 for Wagner).
    are we talking about now? or all year?

wagner has been almost unhitable since the all star break......i dont think he has blown a save and all he did give up were a few meaningless runs after they clinched.