Thread: Pedro to Have Surgery ... Guess Where ??

All League

Pedro to Have Surgery ... Guess Where ??

According to SNY, Pedro Martinez is scheduled to have rotator cuff surgery. Recovery time is expected to be 8 months.

What the hell is going on ??!!

WWalker, this is an example of a new fact that is bad news today, not yesterday.

I'll say this though, I didn't expect much out of Pedro going forward - and now it forces Omar to get some good starting pitching in here next year.

All League
    Not surprised at all. He was regularly throwing in the low 80's in his last start.

Omar's shopping list for 2007....right handed power hitter {Soriano, Pat Burrell} and a top of the rotation starter {Jason Schmidt}.
    Last edited by Kingofqueens718; 09-30-2006 at 08:56 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    According to SNY, Pedro Martinez is scheduled to have rotator cuff surgery. Recovery time is expected to be 8 months.

What the hell is going on ??!!
    His rotator cuff has been damaged for years..he just never wanted to do anything about it when he was with the Red Sox..they wanted him to have exploratory surgery a few years back and he whined..so they backed down..

He is an ass..and now he can cheerlead from the dugout with a sling on

Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    His rotator cuff has been damaged for years..he just never wanted to do anything about it when he was with the Red Sox..they wanted him to have exploratory surgery a few years back and he whined..so they backed down..

the only ass is you buddy his labrum was damaged back then, not the rotator cuff

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    the only ass is you buddy his labrum was damaged back then, not the rotator cuff
    How do you know???

They never checked out his rotator cuff..It could have very well been damaged

And I know I am an ass

How do you know???

They never checked out his rotator cuff..It could have very well been damaged

And I know I am an ass
    they never checked it out when he was a FA, that's Pedro's right. Mets rolled the dice, Sox didn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofqueens718
    Not surprised at all. He was regularly throwing in the low 80's in his last start.

Omar's shopping list for 2007....right handed power hitter {Soriano, Pat Burrell} and a top of the rotation starter {Jason Schmidt}.
    I'm 50/50 on this, but don't the Giants hold a team option for Schmidt? (I don't remember if they held it for this year or for next year). If I were a Met fan, I'd rather the shopping list was 2 top of the rotation starters and Frank Catalanotto. Zito, Schmidt, and Catalanotto > Zito or Schmidt and Soriano.

they never checked it out when he was a FA, that's Pedro's right. Mets rolled the dice, Sox didn't...
    Instead they rolled the dice with Matt Clement... Didn't exactly work out for them either.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    Instead they rolled the dice with Matt Clement... Didn't exactly work out for them either.
    He's definitely been a bust but he's only got 9 mi left coming to him... Pedro has 25 mil left and may never pitch again - plus Pedro was "worth" more to the Mets in bringing in revenue and better FAs

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I'm 50/50 on this, but don't the Giants hold a team option for Schmidt? (I don't remember if they held it for this year or for next year). If I were a Met fan, I'd rather the shopping list was 2 top of the rotation starters and Frank Catalanotto. Zito, Schmidt, and Catalanotto > Zito or Schmidt and Soriano.
    I don't think the Mets will really go after Soriano - the offense is fine, Omar could've had Soriano last year but was probably put off by his attitude. I'd like Schmidt..

friggin Angelos - could have had Oswalt on the team right now

All League
    I don't think the Mets will really go after Soriano - the offense is fine, Omar could've had Soriano last year but was probably put off by his attitude. I'd like Schmidt..

friggin Angelos - could have had Oswalt on the team right now
    The offense is fine but very heavy with left hand batters. A right hand bat along with Wright would help to balance out the lineup.

All League
    Another guy I'd love to see in LF other than Soriano or Pat Burrell would be Carlos Lee.

Jets Insider VIP

Noodle of an arm?