Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question...since the NY Times likes to run with intelligence leaks/reports...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Question...since the NY Times likes to run with intelligence leaks/reports...

why isn't this on their front page???

[QUOTE][B]UN report says U.S. breaking Qaeda[/B]

BY JAMES GORDON MEEK
    DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

WASHINGTON - A United Nations report on Iraq echoed many of the dire predictions in an American assessment, but was also more optimistic about the fight against Al Qaeda.

Like the U.S. National Intelligence Estimate released this week, the survey for the UN Security Council made public yesterday concluded the Iraq war has "provided many recruits and an excellent training ground" for Al Qaeda.

It also said the war has increasingly exported deadly new tactics to Afghanistan.

"New explosive devices are now used in Afghanistan within a month of their first appearing in Iraq," the report said.

But the UN report was more upbeat than the National Intelligence Estimate.

It claimed Al Qaeda "may see more losses than gains" in Iraq.

The flow of foreign fighters into Iraq hasslowed to a trickle, and the slaying of Al Qaeda in Iraq leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi may have confused the uprising, the UN revealed.

Jihadists have reportedly been angered at being turned away from the fight against U.S. forces by Iraqis, who often offer only suicide bombing missions, the UN report said.

Zarqawi's death probably pleased Osama Bin Laden, since the Jordanian "undermined the righteous image of Al Qaeda" by slaughtering fellow Muslims and beheading captives.

Yet Bin Laden replaced Zarqawi with Egyptian Abu Hamza al-Muhajer, a foreigner whom Iraqi nationalists are just as unlikely to follow, the UN concluded.

In Afghanistan, however, "there are few areas where the Taliban have lost ground," the report said. Supported by non-Afghan foreign fighters, the Taliban and Al Qaeda "have no shortage of recruits or arms," and are thriving this year because reconstruction efforts by the U.S. and its allies faltered.

Originally published on September 28, 2006

[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/story/456354p-384073c.html[/url]

Answer- is doesn't fit their hate-Bush/America must lose at all costs agenda....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wait a minute isn't it the Right who screams the U.N. is worthless?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    as opposed to the NY Times who embraces the UN yet won't run the story???

[QUOTE=cr726]Wait a minute isn't it the Right who screams the U.N. is worthless?[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    still nowhere to be found in any of the lame stream liberal media....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]why isn't this on their front page???

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/story/456354p-384073c.html[/url]

Answer- is doesn't fit their hate-Bush/America must lose at all costs agenda....[/QUOTE]

You are such a simpleton. When will you get it through your thick head, that even if al Queda's presence in Iraq were to suddenly disappear , Iraq would still be seing the same amount of violence as it has today. Its a civil war!! Sunni Iraqis vs Shia Iraqis. The foreign turrrrissss are bit players in this violence.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]You are such a simpleton. When will you get it through your thick head, that even if al Queda's presence in Iraq were to suddenly disappear , Iraq would still be seing the same amount of violence as it has today. Its a civil war!! Sunni Iraqis vs Shia Iraqis. The foreign turrrrissss are bit players in this violence.[/QUOTE]

your liberal ignorance strikes again.......

try to dismiss you lunatic rhetoric for a second and just concentrate on the topic/question of the post....

concentrate....concentrate...concentrate.....concentrate....concentrate....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]your liberal ignorance strikes again.......

try to dismiss you lunatic rhetoric for a second and just concentrate on the topic/question of the post....

concentrate....concentrate...concentrate.....concentrate....concentrate....[/QUOTE]

Again, your narrowmindedness strikes! You guys dont even listen to what you are saying, probably cause you dont believe it yourselves.

Here let me help you out, its real easy.

You say Iraq is the central front on this BS WOT

We (and the NIE)say Iraq is a disaster and making things war.

You say thats BS and just liberal TPs and that this report is proof that we are succeeding in the WOT.

We say AQ never had anything to do with Iraq (the so called central front) and continues to be a minor contributor to the violence in Iraq.....hence your story is irrelevant.

Read the first line in the story:

A United Nations report on Iraq [B]echoed many of the dire predictions in an American assessment[/B], but was also more optimistic about the fight against Al Qaeda.

They make the same dire predictions re what you say is the central front. They also say that AQ may see more losses than gains in Iraq....but who cares if the problems we face in Iraq have little to do with AQ.

Lunatic rhetoric? The only lunatic rhetoric i hear is coming from you

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7]Again, your narrowmindedness strikes! You guys dont even listen to what you are saying, probably cause you dont believe it yourselves.

Here let me help you out, its real easy.

You say Iraq is the central front on this BS WOT

We (and the NIE)say Iraq is a disaster and making things war.

You say thats BS and just liberal TPs and that this report is proof that we are succeeding in the WOT.

We say AQ never had anything to do with Iraq (the so called central front) and continues to be a minor contributor to the violence in Iraq.....hence your story is irrelevant.

Read the first line in the story:

A United Nations report on Iraq [B]echoed many of the dire predictions in an American assessment[/B], but was also more optimistic about the fight against Al Qaeda.

They make the same dire predictions re what you say is the central front. They also say that AQ may see more losses than gains in Iraq....but who cares if the problems we face in Iraq have little to do with AQ.

Lunatic rhetoric? The only lunatic rhetoric i hear is coming from you[/QUOTE]

I know being a lefty puts you at an immediate disadvantage....here's a hint- I'm not real concerned about the article....

read the title of the thread and concentrate.....concentrate...concentrate...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]I know being a lefty puts you at an immediate disadvantage....here's a hint- I'm not real concerned about the article....

read the title of the thread and concentrate.....concentrate...concentrate...[/QUOTE]

Again, you answered your own question ya big dummy.
    If a moron like yourself isnt concerned by the contents of this article, why should anyone else be? Media puts out stories that are important and sell. Not stories noone cares about the content of b/c its irrelevant.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]I know being a lefty puts you at an immediate disadvantage....here's a hint- I'm not real concerned about the article....

read the title of the thread and concentrate.....concentrate...concentrate...[/QUOTE]Why do you always seem to be more concerned with what the media says than WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON IN THE WORLD?

The media is not the cause of this country's problems. The media did not blow up the WTC. The media did not wage a campaign to blame Iraq for 9/11 as the basis for war. The media does not set gas prices. The media is not responsible for jobs being outsourced at an alarming rate. The media is running hate-fueled, fear-mongering campaigns and then not doing anything to follow through on their promises to their constituents like the Republicans. The media is not sitting around with their thumbs up their asses, trying to appease every single special interest group while not coming up with any real plans to fix this country's problems like the Democrats.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod]Why do you always seem to be more concerned with what the media says than WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON IN THE WORLD?

The media is not the cause of this country's problems. The media did not blow up the WTC. The media did not wage a campaign to blame Iraq for 9/11 as the basis for war. The media does not set gas prices. The media is not responsible for jobs being outsourced at an alarming rate. The media is running hate-fueled, fear-mongering campaigns and then not doing anything to follow through on their promises to their constituents like the Republicans. The media is not sitting around with their thumbs up their asses, trying to appease every single special interest group while not coming up with any real plans to fix this country's problems like the Democrats.[/QUOTE]

I like this post but you lost me on the last line. I would love to know what the Democrats are doing to fix this country's problems?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod]Why do you always seem to be more concerned with what the media says than WHAT IS ACTUALLY GOING ON IN THE WORLD?

The media is not the cause of this country's problems. The media did not blow up the WTC. The media did not wage a campaign to blame Iraq for 9/11 as the basis for war. The media does not set gas prices. The media is not responsible for jobs being outsourced at an alarming rate. The media is running hate-fueled, fear-mongering campaigns and then not doing anything to follow through on their promises to their constituents like the Republicans. The media is not sitting around with their thumbs up their asses, trying to appease every single special interest group while not coming up with any real plans to fix this country's problems like the Democrats.[/QUOTE]

First error- the report signifies what is going on in the world...not that I trust the UN....

Second error- if you don't think the media shapes people's perceptions of what's happening out there, you're nuts...and your post proves such....

Third error- the media itself runs their own fear mongering campaigns to bloster ratings, let's not be naive...

Final error- the media has an agenda and will pick and choose it's news with little-to-no consistency to fairness....a week ago people were screaming about the NY Times leak of an NIE report from last April how the Iraq war was creating more terrorsts....when the report summary was finally declassified there was as much positive news in it rather than the 100% bleak outlook the Slimes wanted everyone to believe...now you have a report from the UN, which is more recent, that says in fact the US is breaking AQ.....is it newsworthy?? did they print it???? why not???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs]I like this post but you lost me on the last line. I would love to know what the Democrats are doing to fix this country's problems?[/QUOTE]Me too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy writes a good post and you think he is nuts?

You give the media way too much credit.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]First error- the report signifies what is going on in the world...not that I trust the UN....

Second error- if you don't think the media shapes people's perceptions of what's happening out there, you're nuts...and your post proves such....

Third error- the media itself runs their own fear mongering campaigns to bloster ratings, let's not be naive...

Final error- the media has an agenda and will pick and choose it's news with little-to-no consistency to fairness....a week ago people were screaming about the NY Times leak of an NIE report from last April how the Iraq war was creating more terrorsts....when the report summary was finally declassified there was as much positive news in it rather than the 100% bleak outlook the Slimes wanted everyone to believe...now you have a report from the UN, which is more recent, that says in fact the US is breaking AQ.....is it newsworthy?? did they print it???? why not???[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]The guy writes a good post and you think he is nuts?

You give the media way too much credit.[/QUOTE]I don't even let it phase me.

The sad part is, I used to be a Republican. The problem is the Republican party no longer stands for what it used to.

These days it seems to me the Republican party's entire attitude boils down this: if you don't agree with them, you are a G-dless, Communist, America-hating homosexual.

And don't get me started on the Democrats. The Dems can't stop cowtowing to every last single-issue idiot long enough to come up with a consensus amongst themselves about how to fix anything.

If there were ever a time that this country were ripe for a third party to emerge it is right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod]I don't even let it phase me.

The sad part is, I used to be a Republican. The problem is the Republican party no longer stands for what it used to.

These days it seems to me the Republican party's entire attitude boils down this: if you don't agree with them, you are a G-dless, Communist, America-hating homosexual.

And don't get me started on the Democrats. The Dems can't stop cowtowing to every last single-issue idiot long enough to come up with a consensus amongst themselves about how to fix anything.

If there were ever a time that this country were ripe for a third party to emerge it is right now.[/QUOTE]

that's all fine and dandy but you've yet to answer any of the points...most notably- why didn't the Times, which rates itself above the rest, post this article, especially after running half the NIE report that was six months old???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]that's all fine and dandy but you've yet to answer any of the points...most notably- why didn't the Times, which rates itself above the rest, post this article, especially after running half the NIE report that was six months old???[/QUOTE]Read the article again. If that's what passes for good news these days, it's a very sad state of affairs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod]
    If there were ever a time that this country were ripe for a third party to emerge it is right now.[/QUOTE]
    :zzz:

Come on. This sentiment is echoed ad nauseum this time of year every two years. Go examine any and every political system elsewhere on earth - then come back and tell me that the American two-party system is bunk. Show me what's better.

BTW, I'd think that "ex-Republicans" outnumber both Republicans [I]and[/I] Democrats. Not saying it's impossible, but I crack up laughing whenever someone identifies themself as a former supporter of the GOP. Where are the ex-Democrats, I ask, and why doesn't this ever play out electorally?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod]Read the article again. If that's what passes for good news these days, it's a very sad state of affairs.[/QUOTE]

again; read the title of the thread...good news/bad news...it is not the point.....

why doesn't the Times print an article which, amongst things, states the US is breaking AQ???

Like another thread I posted...two weeks ago Brian Ross of ABC breaks a story on how waterboarding islamofacists has resulted in reams of information to the point where attacks were stopped....was it ever menetioned in the media?? No...

The next story Ross broke? Foley's IM's

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]again; read the title of the thread...good news/bad news...it is not the point.....

why doesn't the Times print an article which, amongst things, states the US is breaking AQ???

Like another thread I posted...two weeks ago Brian Ross of ABC breaks a story on how waterboarding islamofacists has resulted in reams of information to the point where attacks were stopped....was it ever menetioned in the media?? No...

The next story Ross broke? Foley's IM's[/QUOTE]

I thought you answered this question yourself...

[QUOTE]here's a hint- [B]I'm not real concerned about the article[/B]....[/QUOTE]

If your not concerned with this article, why should anyone else be? Maybe thats why no one will bother with this article, b/c in the grand scheme of things its not major news. Its like buyin a brand new expensive car and having it blow up and saying, well at least one of the rims is useable. So what?