Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Mets/Dodgers

Veteran

OT: Mets/Dodgers

what do you guys think

think the mets will walk all over them or u think its gonna be a good series

i got tickets to game 1 of the NLCS so they better get there

METS IN '06 BABYYYY

i think the mets are just getting hot at the right time. and they are clearly the best team in the nl. with or without pedro. that said, the stupid 5 game series scares me. anybody can beat anybody in such a short series.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Baseba19
    what do you guys think

think the mets will walk all over them or u think its gonna be a good series

i got tickets to game 1 of the NLCS so they better get there

METS IN '06 BABYYYY
    NLDS Divsion Series Game 1 Wednesday 4:00PM.

I hope the Mets win this series.....in fact I wish they win it all. We got the teamwork to make a dream work Lets go Mets!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    i think the mets are just getting hot at the right time. and they are clearly the best team in the nl. with or without pedro. that said, the stupid 5 game series scares me. anybody can beat anybody in such a short series.
    Don't fret little guy. Mets in 4.

All League
    I'm feeling better now than 5 days ago since they just put together some wins. We'll see. However there is definetly lots of cause for concern, nobody should take the Dodgers for anything but a legit threat.

Veteran

Talking

I think the Mets will win yet it could be a bit more difficult then we think because LA as some decent pitching. That's the only thing that bothers me about the Dodgers is their pitching. Yet they can't hold back the entire Mets Amazing line up.

All Pro
    The Dodgers scare me, but I think the Mets can beat em.

Let's Go METS!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Wish we would have won the division, but I think we'll stack up well against the Mets. We've never had a better hitting team that I can remember. Just need the starting pitchers to bring their a-game every night. Good luck to the Mets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Wish we would have won the division, but I think we'll stack up well against the Mets. We've never had a better hitting team that I can remember. Just need the starting pitchers to bring their a-game every night. Good luck to the Mets.
    Ahhhh my friend its going to be good. Are you going to any games in LA?

All Pro
    A friend of mine told me he heard on Baseball Tonight that the Dodgers lost the game on purpose so they could play the Mets. Anyone else hear this??

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFranchise
    A friend of mine told me he heard on Baseball Tonight that the Dodgers lost the game on purpose so they could play the Mets. Anyone else hear this??
    I doubt there is any justification in this. Why would you want to play the Mets instead of the Cardinals right now ??

I don't think they purposely threw the game, however, they were probably putting out a B lineup/effort to get the starters some rest before the playoffs.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer
    I'm feeling better now than 5 days ago since they just put together some wins. We'll see. However there is definetly lots of cause for concern, nobody should take the Dodgers for anything but a legit threat.
    Agreed... they've got a powerful lineup and a good set of pitchers. We've played 7 regular season games and we've taken 4 of 7. Don't sleep on the Dodgers.

All League
    My heart says sweep...but my head says Mets in 5.

I'll be at game 1 also {Mezzanine Sect 18} with a good friend of mine is a big Dodgers fan. This is my first time attending a post season game...should be fun!

The Dodgers are the one team I fear the most in the NL. But I really do feel with home field advantage we should beat them.

That scumbag O'Mally broke my heart when he took my bums away from NY. I hope we make him do double turnovers in his grave.

LET'S GO METS

I think Dodgers will win in 5. Mets win games 1 and 4, but El Duque does not pitch well in game 5.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    I think Dodgers will win in 5. Mets win games 1 and 4, but El Duque does not pitch well in game 5.
    Why am I not surprised?

Tigers in 5 also!

I just want a piece of Penny... Mets own that guy

Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    not sure why the Dodgers take Game 2 when the SP matchup is a coin flip, the Mets have superior hitting, bullpen and home field advantage.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    I just want a piece of Penny... Mets own that guy
    Is his back forcing the Dodgers to pitch him out of the pen?

Jets Insider VIP
    My heart says mets in 3.....My head says mets in 4