Thread: Mets game 1 roll call...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Mets game 1 roll call...

We'll be in the Lodge boxes in left field. Meeting up at Tracks in Penn Station around 2:30.

I'll be heading out from Penn Station aroung the same time. Anyone know if there will be anything going on around Shea or any good bars to get some drinks before the game?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan1983
    I'll be heading out from Penn Station aroung the same time. Anyone know if there will be anything going on around Shea or any good bars to get some drinks before the game?
    The only decent bar within walking distance of Shea is at the Ramada. IMO you're better off staying at Tracks or TGIF, bring a brew for the train ride, and go right into the stadium. The bar at the Ramada is a good stop, though. If that's your choice, make a left on Roosevelt ave and cross the walk bridge. Your first right is 43rd rd. It's at the bottom of the hill. Pine's Restaurant/Grill.
    http://lirr42.mta.info/DepartSchedule.asp
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 10-03-2006 at 11:44 AM.

Veteran
    I have to travel to LA tomorrow am---anywhere in Downtown LA I can catch the games in my Mets shirt without getting killed?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sect112row36
    I have to travel to LA tomorrow am---anywhere in Downtown LA I can catch the games in my Mets shirt without getting killed?
    Eh, as a life-long Dodger fan I can tell you that we aren't known for being hostile. You should be fine at any bar in LA. Here's a couple suggestions: Yankee Doodles in Santa Monica or Grand Avenue Sports Bar in the Biltmore Hotel in Dowtown LA.

HTH.

All League
    I'll be there in Mezzanine Section 18 with my girlfriend's brother who just happens to be a huge Dodger fan.

LETS GO METS!!!

I've come up empty in the last 2 lotteries myself, but--

Hopefully, this can be an hors d'oeuvres for Game 1.

What was supposed to be a 30-minute spot turned out to be a 2-hour in-studio with Daily News Mets beat reporter Adam Rubin last night. If you get a chance, please give it a listen. I haven't had time to write up the topics discussed yet, but it covers tons and tons of stuff that I think you'll find interesting.

The interview is up at
    http://hosted.filefront.com/patchyfogg

Part 1 is 72 commercial-free minutes, and Part 2 is 48 commercial-free minutes.

As always, thanks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I'll be there.

Today its row T in the Uppers, round' Sect. 18 or so.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
    Eh, as a life-long Dodger fan I can tell you that we aren't known for being hostile. You should be fine at any bar in LA. Here's a couple suggestions: Yankee Doodles in Santa Monica or Grand Avenue Sports Bar in the Biltmore Hotel in Dowtown LA.

HTH.
    saw the games at the biltmore. The fans there were great. Very classy and realistic--Theres definitely a more laid back approach to supporting the Dodgers than what goes on here in NY.

All Pro
    I'll be there with my Pujols jersey on...

Go Cards..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    I'll be there with my Pujols jersey on...

Go Cards..

Stop drinkin that "Haterade"! {lol}