Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foley excuses..clergy touched him!

Foley excuses..clergy touched him!

Former Rep. Mark Foley's attorney said Tuesday that his client was molested between the ages 13 and 15 by a clergyman.
    Foley had represented the West Palm Beach district for 12 years and was seeking re-election until his sudden resignation last week after the disclosure of lurid online communications with teenage congressional pages

[B]The height of bad taste[/B].... the democrats, Nancy Pelosi, using this unfortunate incident to try and get control of congress. I guess if you have no ideas of your own, and are totally clueless in the leadership department, you'll sink to any low.

They should be ashamed of themselves.

All League
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic][B]The height of bad taste[/B].... the democrats, Nancy Pelosi, using this unfortunate incident to try and get control of congress. I guess if you have no ideas of your own, and are totally clueless in the leadership department, you'll sink to any low.

They should be ashamed of themselves.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute....was it a member of the Democratic Party that sent lewd instant messages to a 16 year old male page or was it Republican Rep. Mark Foley?

It's Mark Foley who should be ashamed of himself....and House Speaker Dennis Hastert if he had knowledge of Foley's emails and did nothing about it.

Again....if Foley were a Democrat, all we would be hearig is about his "sickness", his "disease" and how we should be understanding because he was "abused".

Hypocricy, thy name is Politics.

The guy is scum, no question at all, but watching you Libs jump all over him is pretty damn funny really. If he was one of yours, it'd be wall-to-wall Defense and Understanding...and YOU know it. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Kingofqueens718]Wait a minute....was it a member of the Democratic Party that sent lewd instant messages to a 16 year old male page or was it Republican Rep. Mark Foley?

It's Mark Foley who should be ashamed of himself....and House Speaker Dennis Hastert if he had knowledge of Foley's emails and did nothing about it.[/QUOTE]

What kind of statement is that? Because Foley is a Republican, that makes this a Republican issue??? That's ridiculous. This is not a partisan issue. You mean if we elect Republicans the pages are in trouble??

That means all Democrats are like Gerry Studds, the only difference was his page was 17 not 16.

At least Foley, unlike Studds, had the decency to resign.

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic][B]The height of bad taste[/B].... the democrats, Nancy Pelosi, using this unfortunate incident to try and get control of congress. I guess if you have no ideas of your own, and are totally clueless in the leadership department, you'll sink to any low.

They should be ashamed of themselves.[/QUOTE]

It's actually smart. When has politics EVER about being honorable? You act like this was a tea party until this week.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Again....if Foley were a Democrat, all we would be hearig is about his "sickness", his "disease" and how we should be understanding because he was "abused".

The guy is scum, no question at all, but watching you Libs jump all over him is pretty damn funny really. If he was one of yours, it'd be wall-to-wall Defense and Understanding...and YOU know it. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Both sides should be jumping all over him, there's nothing wrong with it

Thats politics..
    Bush and Cheney actually LIED and would raise terror alert levels just to get votes..
    THAT'S the scum the of the earth.

All League
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic]What kind of statement is that? Because Foley is a Republican, that makes this a Republican issue??? That's ridiculous. This is not a partisan issue. You mean if we elect Republicans the pages are in trouble??

That means all Democrats are like Gerry Studds, the only difference was his page was 17 not 16.

At least Foley, unlike Studds, had the decency to resign.[/QUOTE]

Who made it a Republican issue? You said that the Democrats should be ashamed of themselves....for what? Foley is the guilty one here. It's pathetic how you're trying to spin this.

[QUOTE=Warfish]Again....if Foley were a Democrat, all we would be hearig is about his "sickness", his "disease" and how we should be understanding because he was "abused".

The guy is scum, no question at all, but watching you Libs jump all over him is pretty damn funny really. If he was one of yours, it'd be wall-to-wall Defense and Understanding...and YOU know it. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Are you f'n kidding me?
    If Foley was a Democrat the Karl Rove/Right Wing Nuts would run away with this. They would crucify the dems. They would say this is another example why the Dems are the party w/o God. Look what they did with Clinton when he had [U]Consensual[/U] sex with another [U]adult[/U].

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Leave politics out of this and all you have is a dispicable human being.

Stalking young men, now he comes out with he's gay, he was abused by a clergy member, he is an alcoholic. Give me break, are we supposed to feel sorry for him now.

[QUOTE=Kingofqueens718]Foley is the guilty one here. [/QUOTE]
    Then why were [I]you[/I] talking about how Hastert should feel ashamed of himself in your previous post? I'm not going to get into detail, but I gather from context that these creepy emails weren't even unwanted. When everyone stops hyperventilating over this, we seem to have a great appearance of inexcusable behavior on Foley's part. Is there a scarred page? A molested victim? The specifics are murky, but the accusations being levied against Foley and by extension the Republican leadership are not.

Your hypothesis is totally absurd. What gives you the idea that anyone would be calling for understanding of Foley's actions.

Warfish you surprise me. I didn't think you were a knee jerk rightie who just looks for a reason to attack the Democrats no matter how absurd it is.

[QUOTE=sackdance]Then why were [I]you[/I] talking about how Hastert should feel ashamed of himself in your previous post? I'm not going to get into detail, but I gather from context that these creepy emails weren't even unwanted. When everyone stops hyperventilating over this, we seem to have a great appearance of inexcusable behavior on Foley's part. Is there a scarred page? A molested victim? The specifics are murky, but the accusations being levied against Foley and by extension the Republican leadership are not.[/QUOTE]

Sackdance excellent and balanced post. What this really is about is a Smarmy Congressman. The media loves a train wreck and this is a train wreck with allot of rubbernecking.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    [QUOTE=jetswin]Leave politics out of this and all you have is a dispicable human being.

Stalking young men, now he comes out with he's gay, he was abused by a clergy member, he is an alcoholic. Give me break, are we supposed to feel sorry for him now.[/QUOTE]
    That's all it is, he's looking for excuses, the political snake. I don't care which party he's affiliated with. He's a bum.

Politician= Pervert, Drunks and Liars. Did I miss anything?

All Pro
    Actually, according to Fox News, Foley is a democrat anyway...so what's the big deal?

[IMG]http://wonkette.com/images/thumbs/5d90524c98f7cf26b7f22364766dd93d.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=jetswin]Leave politics out of this and all you have is a dispicable human being.

Stalking young men, now he comes out with he's gay, he was abused by a clergy member, he is an alcoholic. Give me break, are we supposed to feel sorry for him now.[/QUOTE]

I would guess that people who do despicable things count on some of the population to be understanding because they give an excuse for their behavior or go into rehab to rectify their inappropriate behavior or criminal actions. The problem is that all these excuses are so played out by every weirdo that commits a disgusting or criminal act. At some point people become numb to the excuses,and they are just that,excuses. Nothing justifies being a predator. For me, all these excuses do is piss me off more. Wouldn't it be shocking if we ever heard "Yes, I did it and there is no excuse for my horrible behavior."

[QUOTE=MnJetFan]Politician= Pervert, Drunks and Liars. Did I miss anything?[/QUOTE]
    Originality?

That is classic. No spin there.

[QUOTE=Big Al NYC]Actually, according to Fox News, Foley is a democrat anyway...so what's the big deal?

[IMG]http://wonkette.com/images/thumbs/5d90524c98f7cf26b7f22364766dd93d.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]