Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I am sick of other people using the yankees money as a excuse

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sick of other people using the yankees money as a excuse

Is it Steinbrenners fault he wantsd to win and spends the money? You guys all act like Steinbrenner is 10 times richer than any man alive sans bill gates, but the truth is most team owners have money and if they are to tight assed to spend it then how is that the yankees fault.......... .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    True. It's not like he's bought Tom Cruise or anything silly like that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yanks payroll = $199 M

Mets payroll = $101 M

Tigers payroll = $82 M

You should be ashamed of yourselves. Plain and simple.

HTH.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the truth, isn't it?
    Im not a fan of any Baseball team, BUT, if you go out & buy ALL the best players, Your going to win.
    It's like playing madden franchise & picking up the best qb, rb, wr's, ol, te, ect... you will win easy.

It really takes all the fun out of it for everyone else.

maybe they should have a few league, like the Rich owner's who want to win league, only play each other, and everyone else...

It's simple & true

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paulyjet
    It really takes all the fun out of it for everyone else.
    Exactly.

In the NFL, any team can go from worst to first in any given season: the Pats in '01, the Panthers in '03, the Chargers in '04, the Bears last season, hell, even us this season. What Yankees' fans fail to realize is that nobody but them likes to know for a fact that the Yankees will be playing in October because they purchase the best team that money can buy year after year. There is absolutley no excitement in it for any fan of Major League Baseball outside of the NY/NJ metro area and Major League Baseball as a whole suffers for it.

Look at it objectivley from the outside looking in here Yankee fans ....
    Last edited by JMJ; 10-04-2006 at 07:35 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    Exactly.

In the NFL, any team can go from worst to first in any given season: the Pats in '01, the Panthers in '03, the Chargers in '04, the Bears last season, hell, even us this season. What Yankees' fans fail to realize is that nobody but them likes to know for a fact that the Yankees will be playing in October because they purchase the best team that money can buy year after year. There is absolutley no excitement in it for any fan of Major League Baseball outside of the NY/NJ metro area and Major League Baseball as a whole suffers for it.

Look at it objectivley from the outside looking in here Yankee fans ....
    you must be a met fan.. I'm sorry

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETS2417
    you must be a met fan.. I'm sorry
    Or a Major League Baseball fan. Ask any fan in any of the other 48 states besides NY/NJ if they feel it is fair and in the best interest of Major League Baseball for the Yankees to operate the way they do and the answer will be unanimous.

Being a Mets fan has nothing to do with it. I'm a sports fan. I'm a fan of fair competition and guys laying it all on the line for the sweet gratification of victory. The Yanks piss on all of the above. Being a Mets fan has absolutley ZERO to do with it. Being a sports fan has everything to do with it.

HTH.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the bottom line in this debate is envy

smaller market teams and fans envy New York and teh Yankees, period

they come up with excuses about payroll and such to slam them but in reality payroll means nothing, MLB has had different World Series champion the last what 6 years straight and the Yankees only one last in 2000

so again I ask what the hell payroll has to do with anything??? what does it guarantee?? losing 4 straight to your arch rival? losing to a young Marlins team in the WS? losing to a young Angels team twice???

payroll has no effect on outcomes in baseball, everyone says we buy the best players.....really? What team does the best pitcher in BB play for, that would be Santana on the Twins, the best hitter that would be Pujols on the Cards.

Yes we have very good players, even a few superstars but honestly now name one player thta we have that is the best at his position in MLB.......just one, go ahead

you see you cant name one, you could make arguments for Jeter and Rivera and sure thoise guys get paid a ton of money but guess what.....they earned that money and were born and raised in teh Yankee farm system, they didnt go out and buy those guys but they certainly paid them well once they were eligible to make the money

The payroll argumenty is bogus and is just an excuse for envy, the yankees have been spending money my whole life but never did much with it until the last ten years and in that span have only won 4 times, so where is this money buys rings theory now?

All the yankee haters need to find other excuses or just say that they hate the Yanks plain and simple and stop trying to hide behind weak ass arguments

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The truth hurts.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    All the yankee haters need to find other excuses or just say that they hate the Yanks plain and simple and stop trying to hide behind weak ass arguments
    No, no. That is exactly what that spew of worthlessness I just read was. Justifying the Yankees payroll by saying they haven't won the World Series since 2000 is pathetic and just shows them in a negative light.

Its the payroll's fault that the Yanks are a lock to be in the playoffs EVERY SINGLE SEASON (this what fans of true competition and Major League Baseball hate), it is the Yanks being blatant underachievers that have prevented them from winning another World Series since 2000 (this is the only gratification fans of true competition can take from the Yanks; watching an underdog beat them).

HTH.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's the truth.

It is also now the formula being used by the Mets, Red Sox, Dodgers, Angels and others.

The Yanks though have been doing it since 2002.

Give the Mets another 3 years with their new network and they will be right there neck and neck with the Yankees.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    the bottom line in this debate is envy
    i'm not much of baseball fan. but i do follow the yankees and mets. most of my friends are met fans. i hate when met fans complain about how the yankees spend so much money. do you think they would be against spending more money?? no. but because someone else is doing it, it's wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn306
    It's the truth.

It is also now the formula being used by the Mets, Red Sox, Dodgers, Angels and others.

The Yanks though have been doing it since 2002.

Give the Mets another 3 years with their new network and they will be right there neck and neck with the Yankees.
    That is because the Yanks already ruined baseball. Other teams have no choice but to follow suit or be obliterated (or become extinct like the Expos, like the Twins almost became, like plenty of other teams will become in coming years, etc.).

Baseball should have a salary cap .... plain and simple. ONLY A YANKEE FAN would say that is not true.
    HTH.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Or a Major League Baseball fan. Ask any fan in any of the other 48 states besides NY/NJ if they feel it is fair and in the best interest of Major League Baseball for the Yankees to operate the way they do and the answer will be unanimous.

Being a Mets fan has nothing to do with it. I'm a sports fan. I'm a fan of fair competition and guys laying it all on the line for the sweet gratification of victory. The Yanks piss on all of the above. Being a Mets fan has absolutley ZERO to do with it. Being a sports fan has everything to do with it.

HTH.

You cant blame the Yankees for taking advantage of the system...Blame baseball for not having a cap.....And i hope you realize the Mets are on the same path...Wait to this off season when they buy an entire Pitching staff..There payroll might not be what the Yanks is but it will be allot closer.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    While I agree this sucks for smaller market teams like your Rockies or your Brewers but most of these owners have access to this kind of money and it's simply the owners not willing to spend the cash to win games/bring people in the seats. If the owner has some bank account as Steinbrenner's and doesn't use it it's their own fault. This is just envy from non-yankee fans and if other owners wanted to do something aout they should try to force a salary cap on the league like the NFL but until then the Yankees are going to use that money to get the best players something that I have embraced I remeber back in ALCS when the Red Sox came back to win it I told my friend (who's from Boston who bleeds Red Sox) "Watch within 3 years Damon will be wearing pin-stripes eventually everyone worthy enough will have the honor of being bought." So unless the league does something about it quit your whinning and enjoy the playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm off to work. Please, somebody else who is a fan of true competition hold up this debate. You don't have to be a Mets fan to appreciate true and fair competition but you do have to be a Yankees fan to look it in the face and spit on it without caring.

Think about it ......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Clearly there is competition since the Yanks havent won the series since 2000 which is not because of underacheving and probably more so of a bad bullpen the past few years. I love the Yankees so of course whatever moves they take to win i'm all for but baseball brought this situation on themselves by not having a salary cap and if/when that day comes then the Yanks will stop spending all that cash but until then things will never change so fans of "poorer" teams will just have to make due because there is no way in hell Steinbrenner is gonna stop on basis of "true competition".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have absolutely zero problem with a salary cap as long as you have a floor to go with it making teams like Florida, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, Kansas City spend money instead of pocketing it.

When you can get a salary cap past the players union call me and let me know.

The Yankees would very simply put the money into the farm system and continue to generate the great young talent that you are now starting to see.

Either way you look at it. The Yankees win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, no. That is exactly what that spew of worthlessness I just read was. Justifying the Yankees payroll by saying they haven't won the World Series since 2000 is pathetic and just shows them in a negative light.

Its the payroll's fault that the Yanks are a lock to be in the playoffs EVERY SINGLE SEASON (this what fans of true competition and Major League Baseball hate), it is the Yanks being blatant underachievers that have prevented them from winning another World Series since 2000 (this is the only gratification fans of true competition can take from the Yanks; watching an underdog beat them).

HTH.

you see jealousy and ignorance really are equal

spew of wirthlessness, yeah you really came back with a convincing argument, once again another weak ass bum without the means to justify their POV

you're a joke

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yanks payroll = $199 M

Mets payroll = $101 M

Tigers payroll = $82 M

You should be ashamed of yourselves. Plain and simple.

HTH.
    Mets fans=Whiners
    I am going to love harrassing you mo fo's this week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    It really is. I would feel embarrassed if I was a Yankee fan.
    more whining