Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Philip Humber and Aaron Heilman.

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like

    Philip Humber and Aaron Heilman.

    I think next year both these guys should start. With sanchez back the pen should be fine.

    I think people dont know much about Humber but will be surpised at what this kid can do. I just hope he cant still throw that big curve after his surgery.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,495
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    I think next year both these guys should start. With sanchez back the pen should be fine.

    I think people dont know much about Humber but will be surpised at what this kid can do. I just hope he cant still throw that big curve after his surgery.

    Agreed with Humber and I do think Heilman should get a shot, but not sure Willie will pull him out of the pen. Might move him to 7th inning. Sanchez for the 8th.

    Next year's starters ??

    Maine
    Bannister
    Humber
    Pelfrey ??
    Zito and/or Schmidt

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    Agreed with Humber and I do think Heilman should get a shot, but not sure Willie will pull him out of the pen. Might move him to 7th inning. Sanchez for the 8th.

    Next year's starters ??

    Maine
    Bannister
    Humber
    Pelfrey ??
    Zito and/or Schmidt
    we just picked up Glavines option.......

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    thinking about next year a lil early arent you fellas?

    The Mets arent eliminated....YET

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH
    thinking about next year a lil early arent you fellas?

    The Mets arent eliminated....YET
    its never too early to plan for your second title run in 2 years...

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,495
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    its never too early to plan for your second title run in 2 years...
    Yup

    Emslave...

    Where'd you hear we picked up Glavine's option ?? I thought for sure he was going back to the Braves... but looks like he's a true blue Met after all.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    3,495
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    we just picked up Glavines option.......
    In that case... next year's rotation, IMO:

    Glavine
    Maine
    Humber
    Bannister
    Zito and/or Schmidt

    Wonder if Pedro comes back ?? Could you imagine this lineup (I can dream can't I):

    Pedro (after surgery if fully healthy)
    Glavie
    Maine
    Zito
    Schmidt
    and also being able to insert Pelfrey/Humber/Bannister if necessary.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    264
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    I think next year both these guys should start. With sanchez back the pen should be fine.




    I think people dont know much about Humber but will be surpised at what this kid can do. I just hope he cant still throw that big curve after his surgery.
    Come on emslave!! Worry about next year next year.
    It's all about the next three weeks for the New York Mets.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    Yup

    Emslave...

    Where'd you hear we picked up Glavine's option ?? I thought for sure he was going back to the Braves... but looks like he's a true blue Met after all.
    i am pretty sure it was before the all star break when he was on a tear

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us