Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Oooooh, that's gotta hurt!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like

Oooooh, that's gotta hurt!

Moses Malone says "Bill Moyers F*CKED UP Jack Abramoff"...

And Tom DeLay and all the other fake ass corporate gangsters that you ConMen love so much. $45 million+++ stolen on behalf of "Family Values". William Bennett the Hypocrite and Mark Foley look like angels. Is there a bigger crock of ship than the Republican Party?

Taken down by a public servant in his own state, DeLay is the poster child for the filthy BS the Republican party has allowed in this era.

I have been in schools with arrogant punks like Bush and DeLay, priviledged fools; I have heard them gleefully describing white-collar crime as almost an entitlement. The posters on this board wouldn't truck that kind of business in their house; yet there it is in our "House", pardon the pun

[SIZE=7]WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!!!!![/SIZE]

I am so sick to my stomach I can't stand it.

And you losers have the gall to blast Al Gore for using his influence for a cause worthy of our interest.

There are those on this board who have no credibility with me. Zilch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Until we have divided Government again the crooks will run rampant. Even in divided government the deals these guys make with each other to steal taxpayer money is outrageous. One party rule has lead to mass corruption of our entire Government. It's a total disgrace. This isn't a Republican or a Democratic party issue, it's the temptation of both power and unlimited money.

To have a handful of small town Congressman run the government from their committees unopposed has to stop.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [I]"I have been in schools with arrogant punks like Bush and DeLay, priviledged fools;"[/I]

Thank you for this meaningful dialogue.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    There needs to be term limits. A lifelong Congressmen/Senator is ridiculous. Five terms for Congress and two for the Senate should be enough.

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs]Until we have divided Government again the crooks will run rampant. Even in divided government the deals these guys make with each other to steal taxpayer money is outrageous. One party rule has lead to mass corruption of our entire Government. It's a total disgrace. This isn't a Republican or a Democratic party issue, it's the temptation of both power and unlimited money.

To have a handful of small town Congressman run the government from their committees unopposed has to stop.[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726]There needs to be term limits. A lifelong Congressmen/Senator is ridiculous. Five terms for Congress and two for the Senate should be enough.[/QUOTE]

What the hell do you have against 95-year-old Klansmen representing the Democrats among us? Sheeesh

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance][I]"I have been in schools with arrogant punks like Bush and DeLay, priviledged fools;"[/I]

Thank you for this meaningful dialogue.[/QUOTE]
    If you heard what I have heard at the point of intimacy (ie the truth) you would know that these guys will do whatever they want. Nice guys? Sure. Fun to drink with.

But they could care less about you and me, sack. You of all people should understand this.

"Privliledged fools" is apt; do you think they operated in separate universes, each wondering how the other one did their business? They were arrogantly carrying on, never expecting to get caught, experts at manipulation to get what they want.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 10-05-2006 at 10:15 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive]If you heard what I have heard at the point of intimacy (ie the truth) you would know that these guys will do whatever they want. Nice guys? Sure. Fun to drink with.

But they could care less about you and me, sack. You of all people should understand this.

"Privliledged fools" is apt; do you think they operated in separate universes, each wondering how the other one did their business? They were arrogantly carrying on, never expecting to get caught, experts at manipulation to get what they want.[/QUOTE]

And you think Democrats are different? Ted Kennedy doesn't come from, and live, a "privledged" and "entitled" life? Give me a break, this tripe comes from ALL politicians, of every party. Trying to paint political corruption and privledge as a "One party only" issue is laughable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]And you think Democrats are different? Ted Kennedy doesn't come from, and live, a "privledged" and "entitled" life? Give me a break, this tripe comes from ALL politicians, of every party. Trying to paint political corruption and privledge as a "One party only" issue is laughable.[/QUOTE]

Agreed which is exactly why we need divided government with each house of Congress and the Presidency turning over regularly.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs]Agreed which is exactly why we need divided government with each house of Congress and the Presidency turning over regularly.[/QUOTE]

I have long been a fan of term limits, in fact, for a Libertariam I am pretty severe in my view on term limits.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive]
    But they could care less about you and me, sack. You of all people should understand this.[/QUOTE]
    You know what? I don't want my leaders caring for me personally, tending to my whims. I want them to allow me to pursue happiness and not to provide me with happiness. And so you went to school with some rich kids, that has nothing to do with DeLay or Bush. Could I make assumptions about Jesse Jackson because I went to school with black kids? There would be plenty of room for me to be way off base, right? In fact, it would almost be assured that applying that criteria would be wrong, just as it would about your case.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]You know what? [B]I don't want my leaders caring for me personally, tending to my whims. I want them to allow me to pursue happiness and not to provide me with happiness.[/B] And so you went to school with some rich kids, that has nothing to do with DeLay or Bush. Could I make assumptions about Jesse Jackson because I went to school with black kids? There would be plenty of room for me to be way off base, right? In fact, [I]it would almost be assured that applying that criteria would be wrong[/I], just as it would about your case.[/QUOTE]
    Look, I make my statements with DeLay's despicable behavior as Exhibit A. Not only did he continue to abuse his power, he grew it to an obscene degree; ruthlessly connecting with Bush through lobbyists like Abramoff. He was crystal-clear on what he was doing and he could care less about the fallout until it hit him in the head. Like i said, he was taken down by a public servant. Which means that he was operating like he would never get caught, and it caught up with him. Arrogant. Foolish. [I]Playing the game.[/I] Except he's taking that "game" to new lows.

Why does your ideal of the pursuit of happiness imply that you could care less about the leaders' behavior that has devastated others (noteably the Tribes)? Do you have a quick answer for that?

You pretty much said that the leaders are free to behave in anyway as long as you can wake up free and get after your business.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]And you think Democrats are different? Ted Kennedy doesn't come from, and live, a "privledged" and "entitled" life? Give me a break, this tripe comes from ALL politicians, of every party. Trying to paint political corruption and privledge as a "One party only" issue is laughable.[/QUOTE] Where do I let Dems off the hook? I have stated previously that the Dems are a party in trouble. Their leadership stinks.

I am slamming the Repukes for this era in hypocrisy. Family values? It's a power grab and they have DEMONSTRATED CLEARLY that they will string along that Moral constituency for all the votes they can pump out of it. DeLay is a foul man and there is nothing that will change that truth. Like Abramoff, he's a power-grabbing sleaze bag. He is also a close friend of Bush. The fish stinks from the head down; do you disagree?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive]do you disagree?[/QUOTE]

No, I do not disagree that the major political parties are both sel-important power hungry and vastly corrupt. The best thing for America would be the total dismatling of the Republican and Democratic parties, coinciding with strict term limits. Sadly, it is not to be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [URL=www.pbs.org/moyers/moyersonamerica/capitol/watch.html]www.pbs.org/moyers/moyersonamerica/capitol/watch.html[/URL]

It is amazing what these people have accomplished. Until Americans pay attention to the goings on in Washington and demand change from both parties this **** will keep going on. Its a shame.
    Last edited by chicadeel; 10-05-2006 at 04:57 PM.