Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: red state terror?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

red state terror?

why is it that the people who live in the places MOST SAFE from possible terrorist attacks are so worried about terrorist attack?

Cmon ... a poster like Warfish says "what are the democrats going to do to keep me and mine safe from terror?"

the FACT is that no one is targeting the back woods of virginia!

NO ONE! WAKE UP!

what are you scared of? Bass stuffed with c-4 in the local fishing creek? Oh gosh terrorists have corrupted the nation's supply of redman chewing tobacco!

Meanwhile a great majority of the people who live in the places MOST THREATENED by terrorism (i.e. major population centers) are opposed to the administration's failed policies

im sorry but all things being equal i can't believe that the people who live in places like San Fransicso, [B]who are smart enough to produce three nobel prizes in three days[/B] are actually dead wrong fools and the hicks with nothing to lose and nothing to fear are right. it's actually the rural areas that are the smart ones. Yeah... right

how about this for a deal

everyone of the red staters and those who vote with them have to send their children to colleges in those states. Forget about Yale, Harvard and Stanford, heres hoping little suzy wants to be a South Carolina Gamecock!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]why is it that the people who live in the places MOST SAFE from possible terrorist attacks are so worried about terrorist attack?

Cmon ... a poster like Warfish says "what are the democrats going to do to keep me and mine safe from terror?"

the FACT is that no one is targeting the back woods of virginia! [/QUOTE]

You should really ask a few more questions before you assume thing my friend, perhpas look at a map or two, things like that. :rolleyes:

I live in Northern VA, less than 20 miles from the heart of Washington DC, the BIGGEST target possible. Better yet, I (and my loved one) work less than 5 miles from the heart of DC, and less than 2 miles from a Major Airport, and I work in an industry (public transportation) that has me in DC relatively often.

Please Bit, next time, just ask. I'd be happy to give you the accurate answer, and remove the ignorance in your mind. And frankly bro, I am little taken aback by your characterization of me as some backwoods redneck. A personal (and vastly inaccurate) shot like that is hardly called for I think.
    Last edited by Warfish; 10-05-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]why is it that the people who live in the places MOST SAFE from possible terrorist attacks are so worried about terrorist attack?

the FACT is that no one is targeting the back woods of virginia!

NO ONE! WAKE UP!

what are you scared of? Bass stuffed with c-4 in the local fishing creek? Oh gosh terrorists have corrupted the nation's supply of redman chewing tobacco!

Meanwhile a great majority of the people who live in the places MOST THREATENED by terrorism (i.e. major population centers) are opposed to the administration's failed policies

im sorry but all things being equal i can't believe that the people who live in places like San Fransicso, [B]who are smart enough to produce three nobel prizes in three days[/B] are actually dead wrong fools and the hicks with nothing to lose and nothing to fear are right. it's actually the rural areas that are the smart ones. Yeah... right

how about this for a deal

everyone of the red staters and those who vote with them have to send their children to colleges in those states. Forget about Yale, Harvard and Stanford, heres hoping little suzy wants to be a South Carolina Gamecock![/QUOTE]

Now there is a nominee for the most ignorant post of the week. :yes:

Go outside your little democrat havens by even 5 miles and see how the color changes.

What's more, I am sure the vast majority of the people that work in all those "major population centers" are the those hicks you speak of. Should they NOT have a concern for terrorist activity where they spend fully 1/3 of their life?

Stupid post.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]You should really ask a few more questions before you assume thing my friend, perhpas look at a map or two, things like that. :rolleyes:

I live in Northern VA, less than 20 miles from the heart of Washington DC, the BIGGEST target possible. Better yet, I (and my loved one) work less than 5 miles from the heart of DC, and less than 2 miles from a Major Airport, and I work in an industry (public transportation) that has me in DC relatively often.

Please Bit, next time, just ask. I'd be happy to give you the accurate answer, and remove the ignorance in your mind. And frankly bro, I am little taken aback by your characterization of me as some backwoods redneck. A personal (and vastly inaccurate) shot like that is hardly called for I think.[/QUOTE]

i stand by my post

i've been to DC and northern VA

there are alot of woods in Northern VA - there are no city blocks - no population density - houses do not really touch each other

there are suburbs yeah but it is not exactly manhattan island

it's not centralized - it's all wide roads and super highways - beside WMATA (which sucks) no mass transit to speak of...

something hits in washington it will be a target of what? one or two major buildings like the pentegon maybe... which are very well protected obviously

go another 10 miles past the 20 miles outside of DC you live we are talking about serious cow country

the point of my post still stands unless you are living IN A CITY (or working in a city) you aren't really a target of an international terror incident

yet these are the people most scared
    Last edited by bitonti; 10-05-2006 at 12:21 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]Now there is a nominee for the most ignorant post of the week. :yes:

Go outside your little democrat havens by even 5 miles and see how the color changes.

What's more, I am sure the vast majority of the people that work in all those "major population centers" are the those hicks you speak of.

Should they NOT have a concern for terrorist activity where they spend fully 1/3 of their life?

Stupid post.[/QUOTE]

ok ill grant that point the people working in the city have something to fear

but cmon it's not like the people living on long island, new jersey and westchester are huge bush supporters. Just look at their elected officials!

what about the great majority of red state voters living nowhere near a blue state city?

why should these people be scared?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]Why should these people be scared?[/QUOTE]

Because the Iraq war might be over soon and that pesky "[B]I support the troops more than you do[/B]" magnet has left a mark on their Ford F-250?

Because the next president might use more than 3 word phrases when he speaks and might confuse the hell out of Cody and Billy-Bob?

Because John Ashcrofts new album sucks?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]i stand by my post[/QUOTE]

If you wish to stand by plain and simple ignorance of the area in which I have lived and worked for the past 15+ years, and also choose to stand by an inaccurate personal attack to boot Bit, I see no reason to continue to speak with you. You seem to enjoy being an ignorant jackass sometimes, so I will leave you to it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]If you wish to stand by plain and simple ignorance of the area in which I have lived and worked for the past 15+ years, and also choose to stand by an inaccurate personal attack to boot Bit, I see no reason to continue to speak with you. You seem to enjoy being an ignorant jackass sometimes, so I will leave you to it.[/QUOTE]

two questions warfish

do you have a backyard? are are there trees in that backyard?

it's not a personal attack you just need to be honest about where you live

unless terrorists are developing some genetically enhanced beaver or something you are probably safe

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]You should really ask a few more questions before you assume thing my friend, perhpas look at a map or two, things like that. [/QUOTE]

ok i just looked at a map of DC

20 miles outside of city center means you live outside the beltway

it's not kansas but at the same time there isn't enough population density to make it worth the trouble of a terrorist attack

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still ignorant post.

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/Fallout_map_USA_%28FEMA%29.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]two questions warfish

do you have a backyard? are are there trees in that backyard?

it's not a personal attack you just need to be honest about where you live

unless terrorists are developing some genetically enhanced beaver or something you are probably safe[/QUOTE]

So now I am a liar too?

No, I have no backyard, hence no trees. I live in a townhouse with a small deck. I live in a town that is almost 100% EXACTLY like the town I lived in on Long Island (Lynbrook in Nassau County, if you'd like to know).

And for the record you dumb ****, Northern VA is predominantly a BLUE area, and also has well over 2 Million people living here (thats NoVA only, not DC or Southern MD, all a hop away and another 3 Million or so residents). We have the Pentagon, a good portion of the National Govt. Beaurocracy (Patent Office for example), hundreds of technology and defense companies here, and a small thing called the ****ing CAPITAL a hairs breath away.

Frankly Bit, you can take you ignorance and shove it sideways. You have, so far, called me a whining, scared, redneck liar. Why the **** would I respond to anyone who thinks that?

As I said, and will not say again, I work less than 2 miles from National Airport, and less than 5 miles from DC. I helped evacuate the City on 9/11, and I damn sure know more about this area, and the worthy targets here, than you ever will. Take your ignorance and **** yourself Bit.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's more, I find it insulting that that you think just because those of us that don't live in dense population centers shouldn't care about terrorism.

Do you not think the us "red-staters" care about people? Even those in the urban areas?

Again, ignorant post. I hope you copied your original post from somewhere. If you thought that up on your own, you're becoming seriously delusional.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that makes me a redneck to! I have a backyard with trees. Gosh its good to be a redneck! That grew up in the Bronx!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right. Me too. I had 2 acres of woods in my backyard on Long Island.

1/2 acre of Palm trees in Orlando and now I have 1/8th of an acre of Sweet Gums in Houston.

Color me Redneck.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you are kidding with this thread, Bit, I really do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's my perception that statistically, most red staters are worried about terror attacks that have very little chance directly affecting their life.

warfish im sorry you take everything so personal

it's not personal it's strictly business

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]And for the record you dumb ****,

Take your ignorance and **** yourself Bit.[/QUOTE]

classy

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti]classy[/QUOTE]

When you question a man honesty and integrity and motivations Bit, you get EXACTLY what you deserve.

You are, and continue to be, factually wrong in your claims about me, and my home. Till you admit you know nothing of this area, it's people, it's politics, it's value, and retract IN FULL your remarks, you deserve nothing better.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish]When you question a man honesty and integrity and motivations Bit, you get EXACTLY what you deserve.

You are, and continue to be, factually wrong in your claims about me, and my home. Till you admit you know nothing of this area, it's people, it's politics, it's value, and retract IN FULL your remarks, you deserve nothing better.[/QUOTE]

even if where you live is like lynbrook that doesn't change the fact it isn't on al_Queda's top 10 list of places to hit or even the top 1000 places to hit

it's fear mongering

for the record i never questioned your "honesty and integrity and motivations"
    i did say you live among hicks in the backwoods - that was making assumptions, crossing the line and im sorry. let's see if you accept my apology it seems to me you are just dying to find something to mad at me about. I hope i am wrong.

your responses, actually go to prove my point- you live in a townhouse and you are in a blue area well then that's just another example of people who actually do have risk of terror disregarding the fear mongering of the president

virginia is a red state not because of your area which is full of technology and industry and educated people but because of the rest of the state i.e. the backwoods that aren't exactly terror targets. (George Allen country)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So everyone that lived on Long Island, Northern Jersey, Pennsylvania, Mass or anywhere else in the country for that matter weren't affected by 9-11? They shouldn't worry about it?

I would venture that at least 90% of the people that died that day live and vote in areas that you would consider having "no need to worry."

Stupid post. Still.