Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arod........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Arod........

if he doesnt carry the yankees to winning the series over the tigers the guy is good as gone...........ive never seen anyone do less with more when it counts.

I really like arod btw and used to defend him.....but he is just stinking it up....1-8 with 4k so far.
    Last edited by K-Met57; 10-05-2006 at 04:51 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey emslave, the Mets have to beat Koo tonight.
    That's more important than A-rod.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1-8 is a stupid way to look at it. Have you seen all his AB's? I saw 2 line drives right at fielders in the first game and saw Verlander pitch him better than he pitched anyone else. First AB: 2 tailing 101 MPH fastballs before a filthy curveball. And the other K was something along those lines too.

By the way, what about Sheff? What has he done in his playoff career as a Yankee? (Honest question because I'm 100% positive it's less than A-Rod). Please let me know if I'm wrong about that one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    1-8 is a stupid way to look at it. Have you seen all his AB's? I saw 2 line drives right at fielders in the first game and saw Verlander pitch him better than he pitched anyone else. First AB: 2 tailing 101 MPH fastballs before a filthy curveball. And the other K was something along those lines too.

By the way, what about Sheff? What has he done in his playoff career as a Yankee? (Honest question because I'm 100% positive it's less than A-Rod). Please let me know if I'm wrong about that one.

1-8 with 4k's is a stupid way of looking at it?what other wya is there to look at it? that he hit line drive outs instead of ground ball outs? wtf is the difference? he's either making outs or striking out. thats the ONLY way to look at it. evreything else is just an excuse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't look like other Yankee fans are looking at it your way... the booing started again. LOUDLY.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

lol you must be joking.........1-8 with 4k is just what it is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    1-8 with 4k's is a stupid way of looking at it?what other wya is there to look at it? that he hit line drive outs instead of ground ball outs? wtf is the difference? he's either making outs or striking out. thats the ONLY way to look at it. evreything else is just an excuse.
    big, big, big difference between line outs and weak pop outs/weak grounders

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    big, big, big difference between line outs and weak pop outs/weak grounders
    Only if at some point, the line outs become singles and doubles off the wall. Yankee fans are not the most patient fans, granted, but the time to step up with a big hit...any big hit is here...in fact, it has been here for a while. This isn't about salary, or numbers, it's about a spot in a fantastic batting order that is a sinkhole so far in the playoffs...you don't have to be Derek Jeter or Reggie Jackson, but so far he's not even been Miguel Cairo.
    Last edited by Buffboy; 10-06-2006 at 08:49 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    Only if at some point, the line outs become singles and doubles off the wall. Yankee fans are not the most patient fans, granted, but the time to step up with a big hit...any big hit is here...in fact, it has been here for a while. This isn't about salary, or numbers, it's about a spot in a fantastic batting order that is a sinkhole so far in the playoffs...you don't have to be Derek Jeter or Reggie Jackson, but so far he's not even been Miguel Cairo.
    if you smoke a line drive to an outfielder, you did a good job - i'm sorry. if you get a bloop over the SS' head off a broken bat, you did not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    if you smoke a line drive to an outfielder, you did a good job - i'm sorry. if you get a bloop over the SS' head off a broken bat, you did not.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. Not every at bat will result in a run scored, and I don't expect it to. A-Rod's outs looked like solid hits, so in that sense it is acceptable, but a 50% strikeout clip is awful, and not all of A-Rods hits are on the screws.
    I know it is easy to bury a guy with numbers, and I think a lot of the grief A-Rod has gotten has been unfair...that said, he is a shambles again at the time when the team needs him.

I was along-time A-Rod defender, but you have to admit the guy has been invisible at the worst possible times...again.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffboy
    I'm not disagreeing with you. Not every at bat will result in a run scored, and I don't expect it to. A-Rod's outs looked like solid hits, so in that sense it is acceptable, but a 50% strikeout clip is awful, and not all of A-Rods hits are on the screws.
    I know it is easy to bury a guy with numbers, and I think a lot of the grief A-Rod has gotten has been unfair...that said, he is a shambles again at the time when the team needs him.

I was along-time A-Rod defender, but you have to admit the guy has been invisible at the worst possible times...again.
    It's gotta be all in his frickin head. What else could it be????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    guys lets be honest we are not judging this man based on 2 games....these 2 games are a continuation of the last few years and the lines drives that should be hits even out with the strikeouts and groundouts over time.

bottom line, its time for arod to go hit 2 HRs today and win the game......if he goes 0-4 with 3k today id hate to be listening to you yankee fans tomorrow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Game 5 of the 2004 ALDS(10 games) ARod has gone 4-35(.114) w/ ZERO RBI.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc

I'm a Mets fan, and I'm really startin' to feel sorry for this guy.

Watch him breakout of the slump in a subway series!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    I'm a Mets fan, and I'm really startin' to feel sorry for this guy.

Watch him breakout of the slump in a subway series!
    i have no doubt that if he ever played the mets in the world series he would kills us............its what being a mets/jets fan is all about IRONY.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjunc

I think you mean ALCS. For the first 7 games of the 2004 postseason, Arod was on fire(including a homer in game 4 of the ALCS). His last 11 postseason games have been horrid.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to avoid these threads because 'piling on' is not going to help the situation.
    But, there becomes a time when enough is enough! This cat looks to be so uncomfortable when in ANYTHING that resembles a clutch spot!
    This is his do or die postseason. If anyone thinks George will keep him around if he continues to stink the joint up, they are wrong. He has eaten salaries before and he will again. He wants WINNERS. A-rod hasn't shown that he can be one.
    He may be the all-time leader in multiple categories when he is done but 'POST SEASON FAILURE' will be a noose around his neck forever!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    lol you must be joking.........1-8 with 4k is just what it is.
    lol YOU must be joking. Do you not understand that in baseball you can hit the ball hard and it will still be an out?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    Doesn't look like other Yankee fans are looking at it your way... the booing started again. LOUDLY.
    I can't help what those Yankee fans do. Fact is, they make us all look bad and it's a disgrace and embarrassing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    Are you kidding me? You don't see the difference between hitting the ball hard right at a fielder and hitting soft groundballs? As a hitter, if you hit the ball, and it isn't a HR, all you can control is how hard you hit it.