Thread: Go Cardinals!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Go Cardinals!!!

So much for their crappy starting rotation hey Chesapeake?? Carpenter allows 5 hits and Weaver 4 in the 2 games...I don't think that sucks at all...lol

I don't understand LaRussa though. They were talking about all the left handed hitters on SD and the wind blowing straight out to right field. LaRussa twice pulls out a lefty reliever with 2 outs in an inning and brings in a righty to face a left handed batter. Both times the batter got a hit. Why tempt fate? You want a lefty in to keep the ball away right?

anyway, 2 & 0 and a sweep Saturday in St. Louis

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan13
    So much for their crappy starting rotation hey Chesapeake?? Carpenter allows 5 hits and Weaver 4 in the 2 games...I don't think that sucks at all...lol
    I am not putting down their rotation, but I don't think they are that good either. The Padres hitters just flat out stinks. They've been leaving runners on base and missing out on scoring chances all year long, but it went unnoticed because of their pitching. Now with the playoffs, everything's little more tightened up and magnified, and you can see those hitters are swinging at pretty much anything. There are some teams that don't belong in the playoffs at this moment.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsj6791
    I am not putting down their rotation, but I don't think they are that good either. The Padres hitters just flat out stinks. They've been leaving runners on base and missing out on scoring chances all year long, but it went unnoticed because of their pitching. Now with the playoffs, everything's little more tightened up and magnified, and you can see those hitters are swinging at pretty much anything. There are some teams that don't belong in the playoffs at this moment.

As a whole their starters do have a problem. But Carpenter won the Cy Young last year, is in the running again this year and will pitch game 4 if needed...I like their chances...and Suppan, who is their best at this time, pitches Saturday

This was a tongue in cheek response to someone elses comments (he is a Mets fan)

I like their chances...and Suppan, who is their best at this time, pitches Saturday
    I thought that pushing Suppan back to Saturday was a brilliant move. I think the thinking was that they would win at least one on the road, and finish the job at home. Now they can close it out with Suppan, not a bad deal if you ask me.

Schluberator & Gadfly

I don't understand LaRussa though. They were talking about all the left handed hitters on SD and the wind blowing straight out to right field. LaRussa twice pulls out a lefty reliever with 2 outs in an inning and brings in a righty to face a left handed batter. Both times the batter got a hit. Why tempt fate? You want a lefty in to keep the ball away right?

anyway, 2 & 0 and a sweep Saturday in St. Louis
    What can I say? I'm flabbergasted! Whodathunk it! Great job by the Redbirds. I'd rather see them than the Padres win it. So the two NL teams with the worst rotations are 2-0?!?!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    What can I say? I'm flabbergasted! Whodathunk it! Great job by the Redbirds. I'd rather see them than the Padres win it. So the two NL teams with the worst rotations are 2-0?!?!

Ain't that a kick in the ass LOL

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Ain't that a kick in the ass LOL
    Anytime we can dispense with those California teams, I'm happy! No chance for a late night start!