Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention Yankee fans - fear not

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Attention Yankee fans - fear not

I sense some fear setting in amongst my Yankee brethren, so I am here to tell you your fears are unncessary

Yes, Arod appears to be on the verge of his annual October no-show, but we have found perhaps the only remedy in MLB for whatever it is that ails Arod ... the one man who can instantly transform even Arod into Reggie Jackson ... the one man who could actually transform YOU and ME into Ruth and Gerhig ... and that one man is Kenny Rogers

This man, this one man, and he might be the only man on the planet who can do this, but this one man is more than capable of turning Arod into an October sensation of epic proportions

And remember my friends, Arod only gets four or five chances to choke tonite, but this other man, the one who makes Arod seem like James J. Braddock in terms of mental toughness, he gets a chance to choke everytime he throws the baseball ... and unlike Arod, who has the luxury of facing only Kenny Rogers until he gets yanked, Kenny Rogers must pitch to each and every Yankee tonite ... and each one of those pitches will be tossed with a level of fear to which only a comdemned man {being strapped into the electric chair} can identify

For those of you who have forgotten his October exploits in New York, first with the Yankees then with the Mets, I am not exaggerating ... take a look at Rogers tonite, look at his face, look at the sweat beads that form around his brow almost instantly, just look into his eyes when the camera zooms in for a close up, take notice of that wide-eyed expression, and you will see a look of fear such as you have never seen before

Lets put it this way, in terms of body language and the look of sheer horror one can wear on his face, Kenny Rogers makes even Arod seem like the picture of confidence personafied

The man literally looks like he's being marched off to the gas chamber, and he pitches like it too

So if you're looking for a silver lining tonite, as my friend buffboy so elaquently put it in another thread, look no further than Kenny Rogers ... that is our ace in the hole ... that is the man who will get this Yankee offense cranking, firing on all cylinders, double-barrel

You heard it here first
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 10-06-2006 at 01:25 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, I don't know why any Yank fan would be scared. It's pretty obvious that Rogers is a great matchup for that lineup.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Pep talk. I wish you were a Mets fan.

But I heard it on M&M this morning. They said that Kenny boy has been WINLESS in his last 11 starts against the Yankees!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm definitely looking forward to tonight to see the Yankee arsenal against Kenny.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound

yeah, I don't know why any Yank fan would be scared. It's pretty obvious that Rogers is a great matchup for that lineup.
    I don't know how any Yankee fan could be afraid with Kenny Rogers pitching for the other team

The way I see it, if you can't beat Kenny Rogers in October, you don't deserve to advance

Its that simple .. you can't ask for a bigger punching bag .. if you can't beat this guy, you don't deserve to advance

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya'll should be ashamed rooting against a former Yankee.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Johnson pitching today ?? How's his back ??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Ya'll should be ashamed rooting against a former Yankee.

Besides the dude jumping from the top of a street light and NO ONE catching him, the thing I remember most about the parade of the '96 team (it was '96, right?) was friggin' Rogers!!
    He was on his float, smiling, waving some kind of banner, and I thought 'What could you possibly be smiling about? They won DESPITE YOUR SORRY ASS!'
    He sux and The Yanks need to torture him into retirement tonight!!

Ok, I feel better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    fear not, you have three times the payroll of the other team, you'll win

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    fear not, you have three times the payroll of the other team, you'll win
    Dude, your AAA, I mean NL playoffs, continue tomorrow night.
    Rest up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is up there w/ your pig is ripe for the killing rant at the beginning of last football season....LOL...im a Mets fan just busting balls....

If there's anything i know its how terrible Kenny Rogers is, nothing like walking in the NLCS clinching run....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mets fans... I got two words regarding Kenny Boy:

BALL FOUR

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks!

Besides the dude jumping from the top of a street light and NO ONE catching him, the thing I remember most about the parade of the '96 team (it was '96, right?) was friggin' Rogers!!
    He was on his float, smiling, waving some kind of banner, and I thought 'What could you possibly be smiling about? They won DESPITE YOUR SORRY ASS!'
    He sux and The Yanks need to torture him into retirement tonight!!

Ok, I feel better.
    Biggest miracle in post season history, that I ever saw, was the Yankees winning EVERY GAME Kenny Rogers started despite the fact that he never once made it through 3 or 4 innings {tops} without getting his head handed to him

I knew the Yankees were destined to win the WS in 96 when they won that game started by Rogers ... everyone remembers the Leyritz HR, but a lot of folks forget why the Yankees needed to dig themselves out of such a huge hole to begin with ... Kenny Rogers!

Anyway, I don't think he made it out of the 3rd inning one time in the 96 post season ... not once ... in the entire post season ... and I believe the Yankees, by some miracle, won every game he started despite his implosions
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 10-06-2006 at 04:02 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baseball can make a team very humble. Fear is good, just have to hope the Yankees have fear. Without it you have a tendency to underestimate the other team and disrespect it's players. While Detroit has far less talent than the Yanks they are still a very good team and very good teams do beat better teams at times. The fear of losing to a lesser team and facing MR. George will drive the Yanks to beat Detroit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kenny Rogers is 41 years old, and has never won a playoff game. Enough said.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rep
    , and has never won a playoff game. Enough said.
    really? did not know that

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    Hey Mets fans... I got two words regarding Kenny Boy:

BALL FOUR

Ugh.

I am still angry about that. But, Bobby should never have walked the bases loaded there. As difficult as it is to pitch with men on base, its 10x harder to pitch with the bases loaded. If the Gambler was tight before, with the bags full he might as well have been throwing right handed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rogers will pitch better than RJ tonight..........

6 IP. 4 ER for Rogers
    4.1 IP 6 ER for RJ

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Woodall Rocks!
    Dude, your AAA, I mean NL playoffs, continue tomorrow night.
    Rest up.
    blah blah blah yankees blow monkey dick blah blah blah

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Rogers will pitch better than RJ tonight..........

6 IP. 4 ER for Rogers
    4.1 IP 6 ER for RJ
    AHAHAHAHAHA what a gem by rogers.......lets see SAR and HAM spin this one.