Thread: I don't like being a Yankee fan anymore

I don't like being a Yankee fan anymore

I know I will get slammed for this, but it's becoming more and more difficult to cheer for this team

The Yankees are basicly a group of overpaid premadonnas whom along with playing baseball have to deal with being megastars.

While other teams are concentrating 100% on baseball, the Yanks have to worry about gatorade commercials, and cologne... I don't even think they are having fun playing baseball anymore..

Not only that, but I can't stand constantly being embarassed when this 200 mil dollar group of all-stars get owned by younger, hungrier, more exubrent teams.

I say a lot of negative things about the Jets, but they are much much easier to cheer for than the Yanks these days.

I am going to be the first Yankee fan ever to say that I want a salary cap in baseballl.

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR HONESTY.

Honestly, it feels good to hear a Yankee fan finally see the team the way we see it. I know you grow up and root for a team and it gets imbedded in your bloodstream from a young age, but the Yankees have really become a pretty ugly team. Rooting for them has to be like rooting for the dark side in star trek or whatever...

All League
    There are two types of New Yorkers. Ones that only accept winning and will do whatever is necessary to win and Mets fans.

I can completely understand being a Yankee fan.

Quote Originally Posted by rep
    There are two types of New Yorkers. Ones that only accept winning and will do whatever is necessary to win and Mets fans.

I can completely understand being a Yankee fan.
    yeah considering your a closet one it doesnt surprise me.

Rookie
    DETROIT, Oct. 6 — The scenes featuring Alex Rodriguez and his meager performances in October have become painful experiences for the Yankees. The high-priced Yankees are close to vanishing early from another postseason, a $200 million team in need of a life preserver. And Rodriguez has none to toss them.

Too bad it would have been sweeter having the Mets beat them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/07/sp...=1&oref=slogin

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRipper
    I know I will get slammed for this, but it's becoming more and more difficult to cheer for this team

The Yankees are basicly a group of overpaid premadonnas whom along with playing baseball have to deal with being megastars.

While other teams are concentrating 100% on baseball, the Yanks have to worry about gatorade commercials, and cologne... I don't even think they are having fun playing baseball anymore..

Not only that, but I can't stand constantly being embarassed when this 200 mil dollar group of all-stars get owned by younger, hungrier, more exubrent teams.

I say a lot of negative things about the Jets, but they are much much easier to cheer for than the Yanks these days.

I am going to be the first Yankee fan ever to say that I want a salary cap in baseballl.
    These are the fans that started rooting for the team in 96'. A real Yankee fan will root for them no matter how they look .We lose then we lose , but it doesn't stop me from supporting my team.My skin is pinstriped and I bleed green.

All Pro
    By the way , your not the first so called Yankee fan who wants a salary cap.With one we can get back to basics and win like we use to win with homegrown talent.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

You are a disgusting turncoat pigbag.

Clearly, you were a Mets fan 20 years ago and are looking for others to justify jumping on their pathetic bandwagon.

I've never banned anyone on JI. Congrats on being the first. Now die.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I
    You are a disgusting turncoat pigbag.

Clearly, you were a Mets fan 20 years ago and are looking for others to justify jumping on their pathetic bandwagon.

I've never banned anyone on JI. Congrats on being the first. Now die.

SAR I
    You've admitted yourself to being a front running fan.

Jets Insider VIP
    I never thought I'd do this in a thread that Jack started but:

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    I never thought I'd do this in a thread that Jack started but:

If you agree with a bandwagon fan then , again you need help!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    If you agree with a bandwagon fan then , again you need help!
    No, if you can't see that everything Jack said in the original post is true, then you need help my friend.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    No, if you can't see that everything Jack said in the original post is true, then you need help my friend.
    You are a Met fan , anything negative about the Yankees is true to you. Jack isn't saying nothing new ,but this doesn't push someone to the point of not being a Yankee fan no more. If he was a Met fan crying about losing all the time in the past and quitting the Mets , you would of killed him.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Why did I do this? I swore I'd never read a ripper thread again but here I am! I guess it's kinda like looking at a car wreck. You know it's horrible and a waste of human life but you look anyway. Kinda like that.

Geez, I'll never get back those 2 minutes again.

All League

Please don't become a Mets fan. You're not wanted here!

Banned
    Both the thread starter and this topic are pathetic

We all know Jack isn't a true Jets fan, and now it's clear that he was never Yankees fan. LOL and Jermaine fell for it.

yeahhhh..dont be one then

I've been a Yankee fan since the late 80's.. Backt then they were just another team. They then made a couple of nice trades like Roberto Kelly for Paul O'Neill brought up some young players, and actuallly SHOCKED the world in 1996..

How am I a bandwagonner if I cheered for them when they were bad??

I'm not going to stop being a Yankee fan either.. You're right it's in my blood now, but its just getting more and more difficult..