A-Rod batting 8th today.

Wow batting 8th with that contract.

Banned
    its no secret he blows.

Hall Of Fame
    they should just shoot him and put him out of his misery

we treat dogs better in this country

Jets Insider VIP
    A-Rod SUCKS! I was PUMPED (as a SOX FAN) to see the Yanks get him rather than us. But......I would much rather be playing NOW then enter the off-season like the Sox are currently out of the playoffs. A-Rod will be GONE after this season.

wow just wow.........this man morale must be shot...i actualy feel bad for him.

All League
    Doesnt speak well about how much confidence they got in the guy. Behind Posada? Yeesh

hes batting 8th?!???
    wow this guys morale is seriously gonna be shot, torres got some balls thats humiliating to him, even though hes playing like s***
    Last edited by ambxc22; 10-07-2006 at 03:34 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny2Coles
    its no secret he blows.
    yeah, he blows

career averages: 43 HR, 125 RBI, 22 SB, .305 BA, 2 MVP's, 5 top 5 MVP finishes, 2 gold gloves at shortstop.

yeah, he blows allright! the guy is in a no-win situation right now. yankee fans have destroyed this guy. unfortunately, he is waaay too concerned about how his image and the public's perception of him. that is why he will still be in new york next year. He has a no trade clause, and if he approves a deal, he will never be able to live down the fact that he couldn't cut it in NY.

bad move, imo. it looks like a panic move and is sending the wrong message to the players. you have to show confidence in your big players, no matter if they have been struggling or what not. i wouldn't be surprised to see the entire line-up pressing big time now, and not doing much at the plate as a result. you have to stay calm and composed to play a game as pressure-packed as todays game and do well. this is a bad move, imo. whether or not it pays off, that's hard to predict, but i think that 8 times out of 10 this would have a negative effect.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    bad move, imo. it looks like a panic move and is sending the wrong message to the players. you have to show confidence in your big players, no matter if they have been struggling or what not. i wouldn't be surprised to see the entire line-up pressing big time now, and not doing much at the plate as a result. you have to stay calm and composed to play a game as pressure-packed as todays game and do well. this is a bad move, imo. whether or not it pays off, that's hard to predict, but i think that 8 times out of 10 this would have a negative effect.
    i agree this is really a bad move in my opinion this isnt showing ANY confidence in a-rod i mean i can see him moving back down to 5th or 6th but 8th? come on

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lantern 80
    A-Rod SUCKS! I was PUMPED (as a SOX FAN) to see the Yanks get him rather than us. But......I would much rather be playing NOW then enter the off-season like the Sox are currently out of the playoffs. A-Rod will be GONE after this season.

how are you a Jets fan and a Red Sox fan? I think I asked you this before but I don't remeber the answer. It was like a kid I knew in school who was an Eagles fan and a Yankees fan. That kid sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    how are you a Jets fan and a Red Sox fan? I think I asked you this before but I don't remeber the answer. It was like a kid I knew in school who was an Eagles fan and a Yankees fan. That kid sucked.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Wow batting 8th with that contract.
    Welcome to Yankee country, where a 25 million dollar man bats 8th, Gary Sheffield sits on the bench, and the world is not as it seems.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    Welcome to Yankee country, where a 25 million dollar man bats 8th, Gary Sheffield sits on the bench, and the world is not as it seems.
    So what who cares. We have Shawn Green who sits on the bench making 10 million

Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    So what who cares. We have Shawn Green who sits on the bench making 10 million
    Dude here's a Yankee Penix.

Keep sucking it.

Hall Of Fame
    Dude here's a Yankee Penix.

Keep sucking it.
    I'm a die hard Mets fan... But you make us look dumb with all this BS about the Yankees payroll, just drop it, soon the Mets will be right next to the Yanks in payroll. What will you say then?

I'm a die hard Mets fan... But you make us look dumb with all this BS about the Yankees payroll, just drop it, soon the Mets will be right next to the Yanks in payroll. What will you say then?

Listen to you... "die hard Mets fan" my ass... only a closet Yankee fan talks like you. Go on to the Mets ESPN refugee message board where real mets fans are and say what you just said, and watch how you get sh*tted on.

And to think the Mets will be "right next to the yanks" in payroll is the most retarded thing I heard today... They're gonna DOUBLE their payroll in the near future? Not likely.

Hall Of Fame
    DON'T BE LOGICAL

You're gonna make the poor kid's head explode.

Listen to you... "die hard Mets fan" my ass... only a closet Yankee fan talks like you. Go on to the Mets ESPN refugee message board where real mets fans are and say what you just said, and watch how you get sh*tted on.

And to think the Mets will be "right next to the yanks" in payroll is the most retarded thing I heard today... They're gonna DOUBLE their payroll in the near future? Not likely.
    Again, if you think you have to be a Yankee hater to be a real fan - you have a lot to learn.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by green&white
    yeah, he blows

career averages: 43 HR, 125 RBI, 22 SB, .305 BA, 2 MVP's, 5 top 5 MVP finishes, 2 gold gloves at shortstop.

yeah, he blows allright! the guy is in a no-win situation right now. yankee fans have destroyed this guy. unfortunately, he is waaay too concerned about how his image and the public's perception of him. that is why he will still be in new york next year. He has a no trade clause, and if he approves a deal, he will never be able to live down the fact that he couldn't cut it in NY.
    who cares what hes done in the past? it means jack to helping his team now.