Thread: Congrats Tigers and Met fans - 06 Yanks = Gutless

Congrats Tigers and Met fans - 06 Yanks = Gutless

First the Tigers fans, congratulations fellas ... its been a long time coming and your team stepped up when it matters and kicked Yankee @$$ from pillar to post

Leyland is a class act, so I wish you guys luck the rest of the way

Met fans, what can I say, you lost two of your best pitchers and still won in a sweep ... what an awesome performance after losing Pedro and Duque ... this Met team has heart, way more heart than the 2006 Yankees ... unfortunately my team had a heart the size of a mustard seed, but these Mets are all heart

Good luck to you guys the rest of the way as well

========

2006 NY Yankees

Just Gutless

9 All-Stars in the lineup and their offense went AWOL for three games

Credit the Tigers pitching, no doubt about it, but these Yankees take a huge hit as well ... that was flatout pathetic ... embarassing ... not for me, cause it says nothing about me, but these players should be humiliated ... they deserve every bit of scorn that's coming their way ... All-Stars out the wazoo, but they had a heart the size of a mustard seed

Congratulations to the Tigers ... they earned it ... that was a proper @$$-kickin
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 10-09-2006 at 02:46 PM.

Banned
    Congrats to the Mets!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for the low lifes like neckdemon/jermaine/KINGOFQUEENS and any other lowlife I have not mentioned!!!!!!!!

Good luck in the NLCS!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    Classy post Ham. Good luck next season.

nice post.

I guess hunger > payroll.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    nice post.

I guess hunger > payroll.
    Hopefully next year we'll have both.

congrats to the mets... the 06 yanks couldn't get it done, so it's up to you guys to bring a WS back to NY. I have faith in you.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    congrats to the mets... the 06 yanks couldn't get it done, so it's up to you guys to bring a WS back to NY. I have faith in you.
    I always knew that we had Yank fans with tons of class on this board. ,

thanks, ham. i've held back on ribbing the yanks because i realize that there's a lot of classy yankee fans here.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    First the Tigers fans, congratulations fellas ... its been a long time coming and your team stepped up when it matters and kicked Yankee @$$ from pillar to post

Leyland is a class act, so I wish you guys luck the rest of the way

Met fans, what can I say, you lost two of your best pitchers and still won in a sweep ... what an awesome performance after losing Pedro and Duque ... this Met team has heart, way more heart than the 2006 Yankees ... unfortunately my team had a heart the size of a mustard seed, but these Mets are all heart

Good luck to you guys the rest of the way as well

========

2006 NY Yankees

Just Gutless

9 All-Stars in the lineup and their offense was AWOL for three games

Credit the Tigers pitching, no doubt about it, but these Yankees take a huge hit as well ... that was flatout pathetic ... embarassing ... not for me, cause it says nothing about me, but these players should be humiliated ... they deserve every bit of scorn that's coming their way ... All-Stars out the wazoo, but they had a heart the size of a mustard seed

Congratulations to the Tigers ... they earned it ... that was a proper @$$-kickin
    DITTO.

Banned
    Embarrassing..I dont remember the last time I saw a team(any team) face elimination and not play competitively..

I agree with Ham!!!!

The 06 Yankees were an absolute joke!!!!

They should have left melky and phillips in there for the playoffs..at least they would try and compete

All Pro
    Thanks for the kind words Ham, the Mets have a ton of heart, and have faced plenty of adversity. They pick each other up, to quote Randolph.

The Yanks have to stick with the younger guys, and get that 96 feeling back.

Hall Of Fame
    thanks a lot ham and others...stay classy, uh, classy yankee fans...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    Congrats to the Mets!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for the low lifes like neckdemon/jermaine/KINGOFQUEENS and any other lowlife I have not mentioned!!!!!!!!

Good luck in the NLCS!!!!!!!!!!
    Love you back Bill

Cool kyle clifton 59

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    Classy post Ham. Good luck next season.
    Thanks Ham I'm sure you'll see a whole new attitute with next years Yanks

LETS GO METS

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    Embarrassing..I dont remember the last time I saw a team(any team) face elimination and not play competitively..

I agree with Ham!!!!

The 06 Yankees were an absolute joke!!!!

They should have left melky and phillips in there for the playoffs..at least they would try and compete

Great pitching sometimes makes great hitters look like they aren't trying. I don't think Kenny Rogers is a great pitcher, but this weekend was just one of those weekends. The Tigers talent (which they certainly have) just came together. The Yankees didn't.

Yankees lineup is still a great lineup. They just didn't come through. I doubt its for a lack of trying or heart. Its just one of those things.

All Pro
    Like many Yanks fans I am heart broken and majorly dissapointed with this team. It's like they gave up after game 2.

I will also be pulling for the Mets. you guys really have heart and I hope you bring the championship back to NY.

I will always love the Yankees and (I feel like I am saying this way too much lately) well get em next year

Get em back for us Mets! Good Luck!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LI2OH
    Like many Yanks fans I am heart broken and majorly dissapointed with this team. It's like they gave up after game 2.

I will also be pulling for the Mets. you guys really have heart and I hope you bring the championship back to NY.

I will always love the Yankees and (I feel like I am saying this way too much lately) well get em next year

Get em back for us Mets! Good Luck!
    Classy all around guys!! LETS GO METS!!

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Thanks Ham, BP and Paulie!

It was easy for me to hate the Yanks before I started posting on JI, but you've made it impossible for me to be able to feel that way anymore. You're dedicated fans to your team, just like I am to mine. For various reasons we became fans of the teams we support but we have the same passion for our respective ballclubs, and give respect to other fans when it is returned. Sorry this year didn't work out for you, but I'm sure it won't be long until the Yanks will be hoisting another championship banner in the Bronx (26 so far, right?)!

Until then, it's LETS GO METS!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    Great pitching sometimes makes great hitters look like they aren't trying. I don't think Kenny Rogers is a great pitcher, but this weekend was just one of those weekends. The Tigers talent (which they certainly have) just came together. The Yankees didn't.

Yankees lineup is still a great lineup. They just didn't come through. I doubt its for a lack of trying or heart. Its just one of those things.
    They didn't even compete..

Enough with the slugger at every position swinging for the fences..they need more roll players and more pain in the ass slap hitters like melky..Arod sucks!!!

He never even has productive outs which can manufacture runs..thats what I meant..
    and the Yankees have no pitching..