Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Joe Torre to be fired

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Joe Torre to be fired

According to the Daily News, Steinbrenner will fire Torre and replace him with Lou Pinella.

ESPN reported it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan
    According to the Daily News, Steinbrenner will fire Torre and replace him with Lou Pinella.

ESPN reported it.
    Please not Pinella. If Torre is fired, I want Girardi.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about Buck Showalter?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    that was quick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    espn reported it will be pinella

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want Pinella over Mazzilli

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan

ESPN reported it.
    DAMN !!!

If this is true, Steinbrenner does not play. He's ruthless. Torre probably feels like **** that they lost and then he's fired on top of this before the next morning.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I told my father this morning that if the Yankees got knocked out by the Tigers, Torre would be fired. He said that the Yankees would NEVER fire Torre. We now know who was right about that one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Yeah, this move makes sense. Torre sure has done a lousy job with this team over all these years. How about firing Randy Johnson instead!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think Steinbrenner will do that. Hes been mellow in his old age and thats way too rash a decision. Torre actually got a good deal out of an overrated team this season. Really the last few years. And thats coming from someone who cant stand the Yankees at all.

Georges problems are all these high profile guys they brought in and awful pitchers they wanted. The guys that deserve to answer are Rodriguez, Jeter, Giambi, Johnson, Mussina, etc...not Torre. If they do bring Pinella in it will be interesting to say the least. That will almost certainly make the push be to make this A-Rods team and not Jeters. Yankees would be better off sending A-Rod off to the NL than bringing in a manager who loves him like he is his son.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    torre's not the problem, arod needs to go, hopefully for some frontline starting pitching.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fire the career sub .500 manager and keep the 2time MVP, 1st ballot hall of famer, IMO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didnt expect it so soon

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Amen.

Please no Pinella. At least Girardi has a history with the team.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    if it's true, we'll miss Torre. Made 11 straight post-season appearences along with 4 WS titles. Deserves a spot in Monmument Park, IMO. God Bless, Joe.

rjs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason423
    I dont think Steinbrenner will do that. Hes been mellow in his old age and thats way too rash a decision. Torre actually got a good deal out of an overrated team this season. Really the last few years. And thats coming from someone who cant stand the Yankees at all.

Georges problems are all these high profile guys they brought in and awful pitchers they wanted. The guys that deserve to answer are Rodriguez, Jeter, Giambi, Johnson, Mussina, etc...not Torre. If they do bring Pinella in it will be interesting to say the least. That will almost certainly make the push be to make this A-Rods team and not Jeters. Yankees would be better off sending A-Rod off to the NL than bringing in a manager who loves him like he is his son.
    A rod's team, are you f****** kidding me? the man that bleeds yankee blue owns this clubhouse. even if the boss does something as dumb as fire Torre, that would never make this his team. but to submit a little honesty to this equation, A rod is a great hitter, one of the great right handed hitters of all time, so when he only hits 35 hrs and plays a great 3rd base, we want to run him out of town. our problem here is a rotation that could not get me out!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is like geting rid of the driver when the horses stink. But you just had to know that Georgie boy wasn't going to take this sitting down...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TD C-Mart
    Amen.

Please no Pinella. At least Girardi has a history with the team.
    What,,and Pinella doesnt

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The broadcasters mentioned this last nite during the game, saying who could be gone and mentioned Torre and noting that Pinella and Girardi were out there. So is this True, or they just stirring the pot based on what the broadcast said? Seems VERY soon being that we havent heard from the boss in a while...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by barkus
    torre's not the problem, arod needs to go, hopefully for some frontline starting pitching.

Arod would be a start...and i would like to add that Johnson, B. Williams, Wright, and a few others need to be replaced as well. The Yankees need an infusion of experienced youth. Losing to the Tigers is a complete surprise to me ...I never would have thought that was possible; but I guess anything is possible in sports.

Personally, I would like to see the Yankees raid the Marlins this off season, starting with Joe Girardi!