Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Yankee fans need to realize something

Post OT: Yankee fans need to realize something

The Yankees have lost in 24 playoff series leading to the World Series in the last 100 years.

The Yankees had 10 teams to contend in the American league with during 20 of their championships - and only one round of playoffs to worry about.

In the last 100 years the Yankees have had the highest payroll in baseball 100% of the time but didnt win the World Series 75% of that time.

I'm sure if youre a fan of the Yankees you will ignor the above. Says alot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes, that they make the playoffs a lot.

Hall Of Fame
    Excllent post. I did not know most of that. Great job.

Banned
    It's Sunday **** baseball

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetman73
    The Yankees had 10 teams to contend in the American league with during 20 of their championships - and only one round of playoffs to worry about.

In the last 100 years the Yankees have had the highest payroll in baseball 100% of the time.
    I just went back and read them again and these two things stood out to me big time.

I'll say it again:

Great post Jetman73

Quote Originally Posted by Jetman73
    The Yankees have lost in 24 playoff series leading to the World Series in the last 100 years.

In the last 100 years the Yankees have had the highest payroll in baseball 100% of the time but didnt win the World Series 75% of that time.

I'm sure if youre a fan of the Yankees you will ignor the above. Says alot.
    Point one. So the fact that there were fewer teams and fewer round of playoffs means what exactly?

Point two. Contrary to popular, and might I add, ignorant belief, the Yanks have NOT had the highest payroll for the last 100 years. In fact they haven't had the highest payroll in each of the last 15 years. In 1996, the Orioles, whom the Yanks beat in the ALCS had the highest payroll. In '99, the Braves, whom the Yanks beat in the World Series had the highest payroll.

So despite your obnoxious and ill-informed Yankee haterdom, as usual, as with most Yankee haters, you are wrong yet again.

So please, as I have asked you to do before, please remove Klecko's number from your username.

Look, I am a Met fan, but the Yankees are the most successful franchise in baseball history and to deny that by spinning the stats on their championships is a bit absurd. It also shows some Yankee envy. I myself am just happy the Mets are still alive and are the best team in NY for now, but I know the Yankees are still the gold standard to measure success over time by.

Thats the problem with Met's fans...They are happier when the Yankees lose and try to explain that the Yankees aren't the best even when their team wins.

Just like a lot of you guys with the Patriots (or insert team better than the Jets in division here)....

The Mets won their series be happy for that...

BTW: Payroll has nothing to do with winning championships, Defense does and Detriot had the best pitching that the Yankees have faced all season.

Yeah, point two makes no sense at all. The other teams they contended with during those years had what? More teams to contend with?

[QUOTE=Bleed Green]Thats the problem with Met's fans...They are happier when the Yankees lose and try to explain that the Yankees aren't the best even when their team wins.

I guess you didn't see my post, not all Met fans are obsessed with the Yanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFanFL
    Yeah, point one makes no sense at all. The other teams they contended with during those years had what? More teams to contend with?
    I think what he is saying is that 20 of your 26 world titles came when you only had 10 other teams to compete with in the American League.

That does slightly make he lure of "26 World Championships" less impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    I think what he is saying is that 20 of your 26 world titles came when you only had 10 other teams to compete with in the American League.

All the other teams were in the same boat and only the Yankees had that kind of success, thats why its impressive.

Only if you're a ****ing idiot who knows nothing about baseball or sports in general.

Fewer teams means a higher overall talent level, making each team better. Less rounds or no playoffs means there is only one way in. You must be the best for 154, and then 162 games in order to get to the World Series.

In your eyes maybe. Let me ask you this:

Does the fact that the AFL only had 10 teams in 1968 make the Jets lone Super Bowl victory less impressive?

no, the 26 championships are impressive.......but that's in the past. time for yankees fans to start living in the present. and at present the yanks are a team full of over-paid, under-hearted choke artists.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    no, the 26 championships are impressive.......but that's in the past. time for yankees fans to start living in the present. and at present the yanks are a team full of over-paid, under-hearted choke artists.
    Absolutely true!!!!

[QUOTE=docdhc]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Green
    Thats the problem with Met's fans...They are happier when the Yankees lose and try to explain that the Yankees aren't the best even when their team wins.

I guess you didn't see my post, not all Met fans are obsessed with the Yanks.
    my post was sent prior to your post...You are one of the very few...Although one of my best friends who is a Mets fan now wants me to get on the banwagon (which I wont do), but I won't root against them...

I guess this year the Mets will be the Toast of NY...enjoy it...With more money spent, and a couple of big moves (cause it's the Yankees)...They will be back next year

Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    Agreed

How about this fact Yankee haters? The Yanks won the most Pennants and World Series prior to expansion and the most Pennants and World Series since expansion. Spin it any way you want. You can't argue with greatness.

What team has won more championships this past decade? Thank you very much.

Yankee haters will scrape the bottom of the barrel to find anything that is remotely negative to try and make a point and this thread just proves it.