Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good thing Grimebrenner hired Piniella instead of Girardi, eh?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thing Grimebrenner hired Piniella instead of Girardi, eh?

Instead of hiring a young guy with enough energy to turn that miserable unit around he hired a guy who will also fail. I love it. I was hoping so hard he wouldnt hire Girardi. Maybe the Cubs will get him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    is it official?

I too wanted Girardi especially after seing him work up close here in Miami

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing is official yet. i want girardi as well, for the record.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    This isn't even official. Not to mention the fact that hiring Piniella over Girardi is the smart move for right now (Girardi would be younger than the rest of his coaching staff and it would be a major insult towards Mattingly if he is selected) Another moronic thread by Jermaine, gee what a surprise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jermaine, in 45 years of existance, how many championships have the Mets' ownership brought to their fanbase? Two.

Since "Grimebrenner" took over the Yanks in the 1970s, his fans have celebrated 6 World titles (while the Mets have only enjoyed 1 in the same time period). Criticize him all you want, but King George is better than any owner the Mets have ever had.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    This isn't even official. Not to mention the fact that hiring Piniella over Girardi is the smart move for right now (Girardi would be younger than the rest of his coaching staff and it would be a major insult towards Mattingly if he is selected) Another moronic thread by Jermaine, gee what a surprise.
    Yeah because Mattingly is such a huge asset too

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    It's guys like you who make it hard for the non-Met fan to commend the Mets success.

You crow when the Mets haven't done a damn thing. It's been 20 years since the team won a championship. It's been 6 years since the team been to the playoffs. Win the title, then crow. Until then, enjoy the ride, worry about your own team and pray that they win. Otherwise, you'll look more like a clown.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

You have no idea what you're talking about. None. It's common knowledge amongst the Yankees and their fans that Mattingly will one day inherit the role of manager. The players love him and he has been a HUGE asset as a hitting coach.

You know what really bothers me? When people who don't know what the **** they are talking about insist on running their mouths.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Hey Jermaine, in 45 years of existance, how many championships have the Mets' ownership brought to their fanbase? Two.

Since "Grimebrenner" took over the Yanks in the 1970s, his fans have celebrated 6 World titles (while the Mets have only enjoyed 1 in the same time period). Criticize him all you want, but King George is better than any owner the Mets have ever had.
    You leave Fred Coupon alone!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    You have no idea what you're talking about. None. It's common knowledge amongst the Yankees and their fans that Mattingly will one day inherit the role of manager. The players love him and he has been a HUGE asset as a hitting coach.

You know what really bothers me? When people who don't know what the **** they are talking about insist on running their mouths.
    Well stick with Mattingly and your current coaching staff i'm sure you'll have a lot of success... seems to me If I had a team full of overpaid chokers and a passive subserviant coaching staff I would wanna shake things up, but i'm happy you feel the way you do and i definitely look forward to seeing next year with Piniella and Mattingly at the helm roflmao.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's guys like you who make it hard for the non-Met fan to commend the Mets success.

You crow when the Mets haven't done a damn thing. It's been 20 years since the team won a championship. It's been 6 years since the team been to the playoffs. Win the title, then crow. Until then, enjoy the ride, worry about your own team and pray that they win. Otherwise, you'll look more like a clown.

Wah Wah Wah, cry more... what does this even have to do with what I'm saying? It's not like I PERSONALLY made the Mets front office decisions or agreed with them even.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wah Wah Wah, cry more... what does this even have to do with what I'm saying? It's not like I PERSONALLY made the Mets front office decisions or agreed with them even.
    But Jermaine, as a Met fan, why are you even bothering with starting threads about the Yanks? It's ridiculous. Worry about the Mets. Be happy, they're in the playoffs for the 1st time in 6 years.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    But Jermaine, as a Met fan, why are you even bothering with starting threads about the Yanks? It's ridiculous. Worry about the Mets. Be happy, they're in the playoffs for the 1st time in 6 years.

Dude, are you still asking this question? It's been established quite a few times already. I dont "just worry about the Mets". I talk about the Yankees too. It's not gonna change.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, are you still asking this question? It's been established quite a few times already. I dont "just worry about the Mets". I talk about the Yankees too. It's not gonna change.
    That post sounds like a closet Yankee fan..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    That post sounds like a closet Yankee fan..
    More like Yankee envy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    More like Yankee envy.
    Yeah how I wish I had a 200 million dollar team of unmotivated losers who after being dubbed the best lineup in history get raped in the first round by a team with 1/3 the payroll...

how I wish...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah how I wish I had a 200 million dollar team of unmotivated losers who after being dubbed the best lineup in history get raped in the first round by a team with 1/3 the payroll...

how I wish...
    Yeah, but you rather root for a team that has won only 1 title in your lifetime if you're old enough. What a joke.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but you rather root for a team that has won only 1 title in your lifetime if you're old enough. What a joke.

It's probably more fun rooting for the Mets even with all the losing seasons then it is to root for the yankees... every Mets fan knows that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's probably more fun rooting for the Mets even with all the losing seasons then it is to root for the yankees... every Mets fan knows that.
    More fun getting your heart broken .

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Another Yankee thread.

Keep it up Jermaine, you're cheering me up after the Yankee loss. It's nice to know that even when we DON'T win, we're getting under your skin.