Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Official" End to the Feelgood Story of the Year" Thread

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The "Official" End to the Feelgood Story of the Year" Thread

Sorry if something like this has been posted before, but I just have to get this off my chest after witnessing yesterdays performance. I know nobody else on here will dare say this except for maybe two or three other people. Just in case they haven't said something by now I will.

Now before you start on me I am not crazy, I do realize the following:

We have very little to no running game.
    Our OL is still learning and is not doing that great (but doing preety damn good if you ask me for having two rookies in there).
    Our 3-4 and defense really sucks big time at the moment.
    It is not all one persons fault for yesterday's loss.

But.....

I am so tired of seeing Pennington play. He limits the offensive with his lack of velocity. Again, he can manage to throw distance but those rainbow throws have their own liability also (given enough time, the corners/safeties will catch up to the ball/receiver because of the greater hang time).

Nobody fears Pennington. It's no secret. People are jumping routes and compressing the field. That wasn't ever more noticeable then yesterday. This effects everything offensively. People have figured him out again. Were not going to see a repeat of the first games where Pennington put up some big stats (mostly because of the RAC not his distance throwing). Mark my words. You can all bash me later if I am wrong. But I, unfortunately, do not believe that I will be wrong.

So OK, go ahead everyone. All you chad lovers and homers...start hammering me with how I'm an idiot, that I hate chad and the Jets and I should go stick my head in the toilet. Just remember what I have said. It would be better if we moved onto our next QB hopefully soon rather then later (I'm not saying next game. Just that Pennington is and never has been that good). I just hope a new era where we really do have a chance at a SB because of a good QB is coming sooner rather then later. We will never have that chance with Chad. Feel good story is over.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad arm as look great. His decision to force two passes in double coverage were horrible. But we weren't going to win the battle of 3 wideouts facing 5 in the secondary.We were more concerned about protection .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, no doubt about it, this is all on Pennington. If he would just block like he meant it and open some damn running lanes. Or rush for a hundred yards. Or make a tackle once in a while.. And he totally sucks at stopping the run! Where was Pennington when Fred Taylor was bulldozing our defense? Anyone see him in coverage when Williams caught the TD? Of course not! He sucks...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daysean
    Sorry if something like this has been posted before, but I just have to get this off my chest after witnessing yesterdays performance. I know nobody else on here will dare say this except for maybe two or three other people. Just in case they haven't said something by now I will.

Now before you start on me I am not crazy, I do realize the following:

We have very little to no running game.
    Our OL is still learning and is not doing that great (but doing preety damn good if you ask me for having two rookies in there).

But.....

I am so tired of seeing Pennington play. He limits the offensive with his lack of velocity. Again, he can manage to throw distance but those rainbow throws have their own liability also (given enough time, the corners/safeties will catch up to the ball/receiver because of the greater hang time).

Nobody fears Pennington. It's no secret. People are jumping routes and compressing the field. That wasn't ever more noticeable then yesterday. This effects everything offensively. People have figured him out again. Were not going to see a repeat of the first games where Pennington put up some big stats (mostly because of the RAC not his distance throwing). Mark my words. You can all bash me later if I am wrong. But I, unfortunately, do not believe that I will be wrong.

So OK, go ahead everyone. All you chad lovers and homers...start hammering me with how I'm an idiot, that I hate chad and the Jets and I should go stick my head in the toilet. Just remember what I have said. It would be better if we moved onto our next QB hopefully soon rather then later (I'm not saying next game. Just that Pennington is and never has been that good). I just hope a new era where we really do have a chance at a SB because of a good QB is coming sooner rather then later. We will never have that chance with Chad. Feel good story is over.
    Did you watch any games before yesterday?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LAJET
    Did you watch any games before yesterday?
    Try reading all the post. It's not all Penningtons fault. and his stats are inflated (YAC) like I said, your not going to see his stats going up from now on. your going to see them go down.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nationalist88
    Oh yeah, no doubt about it, this is all on Pennington. If he would just block like he meant it and open some damn running lanes. Or rush for a hundred yards. Or make a tackle once in a while.. And he totally sucks at stopping the run! Where was Pennington when Fred Taylor was bulldozing our defense? Anyone see him in coverage when Williams caught the TD? Of course not! He sucks...

Hey, try reading the complete post for a change. Here is part of what I said..

But.....

I clearly said it wasn't Pennintons fault for yesterday. All I am saying is I'm tired of everyone suspending disbelief and thinking that Pennington's arm is bionic now or something becuase of his inflated stats the first couple of games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    haha jumpin off the pennington bandwagon already?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 51 VILMA 51
    haha jumpin off the pennington bandwagon already?

I have never been on it. Even before the two surgeries. This is what happens when you go to see live games and see how little velocity he has compared to ever other QB out there.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pennington's a good QB. He takes what the defense gives him. Problem he always runs into is that when a defense isn't giving him much, he can't take anything from them. It happened yesterday..

I watched Jax last week and it was similar except that Brunnel was able to throw lasers into some tight spots for big plays...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daysean
    Try reading all the post. It's not all Penningtons fault. and his stats are inflated (YAC) like I said, your not going to see his stats going up from now on. your going to see them go down.
    Obviously he's not going to hit 300 yards every game. But geez, without a running game he's been nothing short of spectacular. This was a bad game. It happens. Christ.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanTheMaster
    Pennington's a good QB. He takes what the defense gives him. Problem he always runs into is that when a defense isn't giving him much, he can't take anything from them. It happened yesterday..

I watched Jax last week and it was similar except that Brunnel was able to throw lasers into some tight spots for big plays...
    EXACTLY. Thank you. At least someone people on this board understand the QB position and football.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention the fact that Brunnell has Clinton Postis to help keep the defense honest.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad has 11 more games remaining in a Jets uniform..Then the Jets will decide to go with Clemens and skip paying Pennington's bonus again next summer..That's OK; Mangini drafted Clemens and will need to play him. All Chad needed to do is prove is that he's healthy so he'll be good trade value. The best QB in the league would be struggling with the Jets right now. I root for them but there are many holes to fill. They have played admirably until yesterday. I believe Mangini is a good coach and will bring the Jets to glory someday. Chad may find it also, just not with the current Jet team.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Not to mention the fact that Brunnell has Clinton Postis to help keep the defense honest.
    Did you watch both of the games? Brunell fired it into a lot of tight spots...

Keep in mind that I started my post with Chad's a good QB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you watch both of the games? Brunell fired it into a lot of tight spots...

Keep in mind that I started my post with Chad's a good QB.
    Yes, I did watch both games. I live in Jax so I saw the Washington game and I was at yesterday's game.

Arm strength was the least of Chad's problems yesterday.

The Jets came out flat. Receivers weren't hitting their marks. Chad had about .5 seconds to get rid of the ball. The running game was nonexistent until the Jags had a huge lead and started to play soft.

Plus, the Jags came out fired up in front of a geeked up crowd, determined to make everybody forget about the last two games.

I'm not sure any QB would have beaten the Jags yesterday.

If you can not run the ball against a defense like the Jags, they will sit back and rush 6 and cover with 5. They do it all the time. The Jets were running three wide receiver sets against 5 deep and often there was no one even remotely open.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gcherd
    Chad has 11 more games remaining in a Jets uniform..Then the Jets will decide to go with Clemens and skip paying Pennington's bonus again next summer..That's OK; Mangini drafted Clemens and will need to play him. All Chad needed to do is prove is that he's healthy so he'll be good trade value. The best QB in the league would be struggling with the Jets right now. I root for them but there are many holes to fill. They have played admirably until yesterday. I believe Mangini is a good coach and will bring the Jets to glory someday. Chad may find it also, just not with the current Jet team.
    Love Kellen but he sure didn't show much yesterday.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously he's not going to hit 300 yards every game. But geez, without a running game he's been nothing short of spectacular. This was a bad game. It happens. Christ.
    The only thing spectacular is how spectacularly bad those defenses were when the Jets played them which enabled him to have inflated stats.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love Kellen but he sure didn't show much yesterday.

I missed the game, how long did KC play? I saw he went 0-1 with a fumble. Anything notable beyond the stats?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a terrible thread. Our embarassing loss yesterday had nothing to do with Chad's arm strength. It had to do with poor decision making and getting physically manhandled in nearly every facet of the game.

Chad has been one of the best Jets players in uniform this season. He will bounce back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly
    What a terrible thread. Our embarassing loss yesterday had nothing to do with Chad's arm strength. It had to do with poor decision making and getting physically manhandled in nearly every facet of the game.

Chad has been one of the best Jets players in uniform this season. He will bounce back.
    Thank you. Inflated stats? We're talking about helping a team compete. He had a bad game. So be it. No wait, let's start Ramsey!