Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: arod can simply not return

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    583
    Post Thanks / Like

    arod can simply not return

    the yankees must cut the losses and get as much as they can for him. hopefully a very good young third baseman and very good young pitcher. i would love to trade him to the angels for ervin santana maicer itzuris and maybe a guy in the bullpen. arod just cannot come back he has just dug himself such a big hole that it will be hard to ecer endure himself to us yankee fans. all year it would be talked about his postseason failures.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79
    the yankees must cut the losses and get as much as they can for him. hopefully a very good young third baseman and very good young pitcher. i would love to trade him to the angels for ervin santana maicer itzuris and maybe a guy in the bullpen. arod just cannot come back he has just dug himself such a big hole that it will be hard to ecer endure himself to us yankee fans. all year it would be talked about his postseason failures.
    yeah ervin santana and maicer izturis for alex rodriguez maybe the greatest player of this era...GOOD DEAL!, wow im glad your not the gm

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    22,621
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ambxc22
    yeah ervin santana and maicer izturis for alex rodriguez maybe the greatest player of this era...GOOD DEAL!, wow im glad your not the gm
    Ervin Santana would help the Yankees win a championship more than A-Rod.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,254
    Post Thanks / Like
    That all depends on if Pinella gets hired. Who got the most out of Arod.? Lou did.. Who had a talk with Arod this year when he was slumping, and then went on a tear? Lou did,.. Who will make Arod, a star once again. Lou!

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    583
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ambxc22
    yeah ervin santana and maicer izturis for alex rodriguez maybe the greatest player of this era...GOOD DEAL!, wow im glad your not the gm
    who do you think your going to get. your not getting vlad and bartolo colon. you might be able to get brandon wood if you want him. he could turn out to be a good 3b.

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    583
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    That all depends on if Pinella gets hired. Who got the most out of Arod.? Lou did.. Who had a talk with Arod this year when he was slumping, and then went on a tear? Lou did,.. Who will make Arod, a star once again. Lou!
    thats a big mistake to think lou can all of a sudden fix arods playoff and clutch hitting problems. arod dint go ona tear he had one game winning hr and still had his worse days in front of him.

  7. #7
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79
    who do you think your going to get. your not getting vlad and bartolo colon. you might be able to get brandon wood if you want him. he could turn out to be a good 3b.
    thats the point your never going to get equal value i wouldnt even want vlad and bartolo colon for him...honestly

  8. #8
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    583
    Post Thanks / Like
    hes gotta go though hes a cancer to this team and to much of the yankees is about arod and not about the team. the yankees must get back to what made them succesful. hungry role players. players hwo are gunna hit 20-25 hrs with 100 runs and 85-95 rbis. young shutdown strating pitching and a great bullpen.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,590
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79
    hes gotta go though hes a cancer to this team and to much of the yankees is about arod and not about the team. the yankees must get back to what made them succesful. hungry role players. players hwo are gunna hit 20-25 hrs with 100 runs and 85-95 rbis. young shutdown strating pitching and a great bullpen.
    Plugging in some random "hungry" role player will not fix the Yankees problem. Why would someone who hits 10-15 less homers, scores 15-20 less runs, and has 30 rbi's then A-Rod during his down year help them at all? Hungry does not equate to post season success, or clutch hitting, which are A-Rod's downfalls right now. The defensive errors this year were an anomally, which cannot be said for his hitting in tight situations.

  10. #10
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    583
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan44
    Plugging in some random "hungry" role player will not fix the Yankees problem. Why would someone who hits 10-15 less homers, scores 15-20 less runs, and has 30 rbi's then A-Rod during his down year help them at all? Hungry does not equate to post season success, or clutch hitting, which are A-Rod's downfalls right now. The defensive errors this year were an anomally, which cannot be said for his hitting in tight situations.
    why will it help? because alot of these players on this team dont care aboutwiniing they care more about how much money there gong to make. i bet arod would rater have had a great postseason and lose then have a bad pstseason and win. you must not have seen the yankees latest 4 chamionships. they won with guys like brosious,o'neill,martinez not with guys life sheffeild,giambi, and arod.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    8,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Ervin Santana would help the Yankees win a championship more than A-Rod.
    Not so sure about that. Ervin Santana is far from an ace, although I do think he's a good pitcher. And Maicer Izturis (I know this wasn't your suggestion), but Jesus Chirst. Jared Weaver and Brandon Wood and I'd sign up for it. Wood moves from SS to 3B (where he profiles to end up anyways) and we've got ourselves a very good (and cheap) pitcher in Jared Weaver.

    You don't get rid of a 1st ballot hall of famer, and the MVP from 2005, for the sake of it. You get something of major value back.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us