Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***Torre staying*** Yanks fans he is not leaving.

Jets Insider VIP

***Torre staying*** Yanks fnas he is not leaving.

Hall Of Fame
    I HARDLY ACCEPT THAT AS GOSPEL AT THIS POINT

still too early to know for sure

Jets Insider VIP
    Its all over the MLB.COM boards. And it was reported on WB11.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Bro Green
    I HARDLY ACCEPT THAT AS GOSPEL AT THIS POINT

still too early to know for sure
    Mike and Mike are reporting that Torre and the Yankees have a PC scheduled for this afternoon.

In all liklihood, Torre would not be present if he was going to be fired. The only possibilities that leave are Torre staying or retiring.

Hall Of Fame
    that what, unnamed sources say.......

i wont believe it till spring training starts and Torre is still here, If I were him I'd just quit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Klecko73isGod
    Mike and Mike are reporting that Torre and the Yankees have a PC scheduled for this afternoon.

In all liklihood, Torre would not be present if he was going to be fired. The only possibilities that leave are Torre staying or retiring.
    that would be a great conference... I'm here to tell you all that I am not getting fired.... sorry.

I could see this conference being torre 'stepping down w/ dignity' rather than being fired.

Torre's PC was scheduled the other day. It is the year end presser that he does every year. Nothing more nothing less. He is not going anywhere though. Pineilla is going to sign on to manage Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    I could see this conference being torre 'stepping down w/ dignity' rather than being fired.
    I can see that happening also

Schluberator & Gadfly
    According to Greenie it could've been a Steinbrenner plot to garner attention from the Mets...........LOLOLOL!!!!

Steinbrenner returned to the Yankees' Tampa headquarters Monday after meeting with Yankees officials to discuss his manager's future. "I have not made up my mind yet," Steinbrenner told reporters after having lunch in Manhattan.

But the Post reported that Steinbrenner, despite at first wanting to fire Torre, had decided to keep the manager for a 12th season after mulling it over with his most trusted advisors.

We'll see, haha.

If Steinbrenner wants a fiery manager in there he really should just fire Torre now and bring in Lou. Sheffield himself said this: "Jim Leyland took advantage of that. He can make you believe anything. He can put a fire under your belt like you never had before in your life." This Yankee team lacked bite and played much like how Torre manages - laid-back.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan
    We'll see, haha.

If Steinbrenner wants a fiery manager in there he really should just fire Torre now and bring in Lou. Sheffield himself said this: "Jim Leyland took advantage of that. He can make you believe anything. He can put a fire under your belt like you never had before in your life." This Yankee team lacked bite and played much like how Torre manages - laid-back.
    Could Sheffield be a little bitter and taking his frustrations out on other people

The Yankee team didn't lack bite when they won all those championships under Joe now did they...........

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS

They would be nuts to fire him. Can he swing the bat for A-Rod or pitch for Randy Johnson?

But one thing's for sure: If they do fire him, we will be back to the revolving door. Pinella for a year or two, Dusty Baker then Buck again. Torre is the only exception to George's impulsiveness.

Jets Insider VIP
    Torre has done a very good job keeping the team focused. He can't hit or field for players. Go move Steinbrenner.

give A-Rod the old heave-ho

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    give A-Rod the old heave-ho
    I think that would be a win-win. A-Rod would be happier in a smaller market and the Yanks would be happier for obvious reasons.

Send him to Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by jetgirl
    The Yankee team didn't lack bite when they won all those championships under Joe now did they...........
    Those championships were 6 years ago (aka history) and before and the roster was completely different outside of Rivera, Jeter, Bernie and Posada.

This Yankee team clearly lacks bite and has been very soft ever since 2001 and continued every year since getting their butts whooped by the Red Sox, Angels, Tigers, D-Backs and Angels twice. They are just like A-Rod - great in the regular season, suck in the postseason.

I picked the Tigers to win the series due to the Yanks being soft and lacking decent pitching, and if they had made it to the WS, the Mets would've handled them with ease if the A's didn't already kick their butts.

This Yankees team needs a huge overhaul. They stink of overpaid primadonna players that don't play anywhere close to their pay. They need more guys like Melky and Wang and less guys like ARod, Mussina, Giambi, Wright, etc. It's also the right time to get rid of Torre and bring in a fiery, energetic manager that will get on players' asses and have a war cry every game... aka Pinella.
    Last edited by 49ersJetsfan; 10-10-2006 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    I think that would be a win-win. A-Rod would be happier in a smaller market and the Yanks would be happier for obvious reasons.

Send him to Pittsburgh.

LOL, nothing would make me laugh more than see him hit 60 HRs while wearing the yellow and black jersey.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    LOL, nothing would make me laugh more than see him hit 60 HRs while wearing the yellow and black jersey.
    Oh! and that box type hat with the horizontal stripes!

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Oh! and that box type hat with the horizontal stripes!

hahaha I want to see A-Rod in one of those hats so bad

What would the pirates pay him with? Sunflower Seeds?