Thread: Mets Game Rained Out.

Jets Insider VIP

Mets Game Rained Out.

Ahhhhhhh bastard.

I'm hoping Lidle's death had something to do with the decision.

Jets Insider VIP
    Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    Game 1 tickets for Fridays game
    Game 2 tickets for Thursdays game.

Gonna be massive confusion tomorrow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    I'm hoping Lidle's death had something to do with the decision.
    Nope Selig said its becauase of Rain not Lidles death.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Nope Selig said its becauase of Rain not Lidles death.

lol....And you know anything out of Seligs mouth is the truth

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    lol....And you know anything out of Seligs mouth is the truth

Exactly. The plan for tonight was to have a rain delay before the game, and then get the game in the 3 hour period expected to exist before the rain comes back. The weather reports have not changed. Only the game existing has changed... hmmm...

They were going to try their hardest to get the game in, yet are postponing it an hour+ before the game. Selig may be saying its because of the rain, but Lidle had an effect on his and everyone who made the decision's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rep
    Exactly. The plan for tonight was to have a rain delay before the game, and then get the game in the 3 hour period expected to exist before the rain comes back. The weather reports have not changed. Only the game existing has changed... hmmm...

They were going to try their hardest to get the game in, yet are postponing it an hour+ before the game. Selig may be saying its because of the rain, but Lidle had an effect on his and everyone who made the decision's mind.

good decision, IMO. a NY pitcher who was just killed not far away from Shea, had ties to the Mets organization. It's a sign of respect to Lidle and his family to postpone the game.

Hall Of Fame
    works for me...i'll be stuck in class till 11 tonight...

MLB made the right call to cancel. It's not fair that the fans have too sit through this wet weather.

All League
    Just got back from Shea. I left before hearing the news of the postponement. As hard as it was raining I knew there was no way that they would get that game in tonight.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rep
    Game 1 tickets for Fridays game
    Game 2 tickets for Thursdays game.

Gonna be massive confusion tomorrow.

You sure about that? I heard just the opposite.

All Pro
    Quick question, I have game 1 tickets, so now I use them for Friday right? Anyway, I was on the 7 train at 6:15 when I got a call from my brother saying its been cancelled and I just got back to Brooklyn now, a lot of pissed off fans but its ok for me since I have no classes Friday.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Quick question, I have game 1 tickets, so now I use them for Friday right? Anyway, I was on the 7 train at 6:15 when I got a call from my brother saying its been cancelled and I just got back to Brooklyn now, a lot of pissed off fans but its ok for me since I have no classes Friday.
    Exactly! I checked the Mets website and Rep was correct. Game 1 tickets will be accepted on Friday only....Game 2 tickets on Thursday.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

MLB did the right thing. Mets game or work? Tough choice, eh?

Apparently Fox sports new an hour before the fans did. /It would have been nice to know at 5:30 too, before i crossed the whitestone and before i paid $20.00 to park.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by idlewild70
    Apparently Fox sports new an hour before the fans did. /It would have been nice to know at 5:30 too, before i crossed the whitestone and before i paid $20.00 to park.
    I was in Penn Station trying to find a TV that didn't have pics of a burning building. Finally ran into some Master Card execs who had the 411. Someone said that LIRR had announced it around 5:30, but I was in TGIF and didn't hear it. Sucks that you spent all that time and money. You didn't happen to have gotten a receipt for the parking? Maybe that would help on fri. I wound up with an extra day off from work, so no complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    I was in Penn Station trying to find a TV that didn't have pics of a burning building. Finally ran into some Master Card execs who had the 411. Someone said that LIRR had announced it around 5:30, but I was in TGIF and didn't hear it. Sucks that you spent all that time and money. You didn't happen to have gotten a receipt for the parking? Maybe that would help on fri. I wound up with an extra day off from work, so no complaints here.

all iv got is the ticket they give you at the booth.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by idlewild70
    all iv got is the ticket they give you at the booth.
    I would certainly try to use that to park tomorrow. Even call the parking dept to get it OK'd beforehand.

Please contact Central Parking (718-899-9044) or the Department of Parks & Recreation (718-565-4581) with any comments or questions regarding the parking lots that serve Shea Stadium.
    Last edited by JumbalayaJet; 10-12-2006 at 04:48 PM.

I am going to call them. It is worth a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.