Thread: Pujols Quote last night on Glavine:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Pujols Quote last night on Glavine:

From the Daily News:

"He wasn't good. He wasn't good at all," Pujols said of Glavine, who threw seven innings of four-hit ball for the victory. "I think we hit the ball hard, we didn't get some breaks.

"I say he wasn't good at all. We just didn't get some opportunities and that's it. . . . (Glavine did the) same thing that he always does. Throw a changeup, fastball and that was it. I just think we should've done a better job than we did."

What the eff is this?!?! Tommy just tooled around w/ the Cards lineup who managed to scatter 4 hits and he has the nerve to say this?? Its pretty comical.

I like how no media outlets are making a bigger deal of this. If a guy like A-Rod said this all hell would break loose. But not for the MLB's golden child Prince Albert.

I can't wait to let him hear it tonight

LETS GO METS!!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you watch the game? The Cardinals rocketed about 75 balls right at David Wright, Glavine was lucky to escape with only four hits allowed. But it is unusual for Pujols to disrespect another player like that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Puhols struck out the first time and looked silly swinging at a ball in the dirt.

Nuff said.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    what a brat

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Jets Fan
    Did you watch the game? The Cardinals rocketed about 75 balls right at David Wright, Glavine was lucky to escape with only four hits allowed. But it is unusual for Pujols to disrespect another player like that.

Lay off the Bud..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHA....you sure you watched the game?? Off the top of my head there was 2 line drives to wright, one for a DP, that came in a big spot.

Do you agree w/ Prince Albert and think that "Glavine didn't pitch well at all"???

This was a big time pitcher in a big time game.

Im thinking that its a lot more frusterating being shut down by a pitcher like glavine who doesn't throw hard and paints corners. And thats why he said what he did..

I think when a pitcher that throws smoke a la clemens or RJ in his prime, its a lot easier for players w/ big egos to accept that they got shut down.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    haha, cry more, pujols you b*tch.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

GO BACK HOME B1TCH.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    haha, cry more, pujols you b*tch.
    Maybe now that Glavin'e got into his head, he'll have another down performance tonight. Here's hoping that Pujols doesn't hit **** tonight.

Btw, I think he was sending a message to fire up his team and didn't really mean to insult Glavine. I hope the Mets get pissed and put a beating on Carpenter.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible to not be great in a shutout? Sure. But to not be even good? Get real. Thanks for the bulletin board material - this will motivate the Mets even more. For someone who made such a critical mistake in the game with the baserunning blunder, he needs to hush up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Last I checked, its not who hits the ball hardest who wins, its who scored the most runs.

YOu may think Glavine was lucky that all the hard hit balls were at people, but if that's true, he's been the luckiest Mofo in the history of baseball as he's been lucky close to 300 times.

I don't think Tommy G. is going to apologize for taking advantage of the assinine base running of a supposedly "outstanding" base runner. He should just tip his cap, shut his mouth and get ready for today.

He sounds like a real child shooting his mouth off like that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    For someone who made such a critical mistake in the game with the baserunning blunder, he needs to hush up.
    Yeah seriously...

I hope they ask Glavine about the quote though. The type of guy he is i would be interested to see the response...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    pujols is a cry baby. fwiw, glavine ha sbeen doing what he did last night for a LONG time. 290 regular season wins and 2 cy young awards, i'd say he is a pretty good pitcher. he's always looked hittable, but he manages to keep hitters off balance and keep them from getting good swings again and again. pujols needs to shut his d*ck sucker and learn how to run the bases.......