Thread: AIR AMERICA ( radio ) : to bankruptcy ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

AIR AMERICA ( radio ) : to bankruptcy ~ ~ ~

Liberal talk-radio network Air America files bankruptcy
    By The Associated Press

NEW YORK Air America Radio, a liberal talk and news radio network, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, a network official told the AP.

The network had denied rumors just a month ago that it would file for bankruptcy, but on Friday Air America said negotiations with a creditor from the company's early days had broken down.The network will stay on the air while it resolves issues with its creditors, spokeswoman Jaime Horn told the Associated Press. A formal announcement was expected to be made later Friday.

> [url]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003302849_webairamerica13.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=kelly]Liberal talk-radio network Air America files bankruptcy
    By The Associated Press

NEW YORK Air America Radio, a liberal talk and news radio network, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, a network official told the AP.

The network had denied rumors just a month ago that it would file for bankruptcy, but on Friday Air America said negotiations with a creditor from the company's early days had broken down.The network will stay on the air while it resolves issues with its creditors, spokeswoman Jaime Horn told the Associated Press. A formal announcement was expected to be made later Friday.

> [url]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003302849_webairamerica13.html[/url][/QUOTE]

guess that means the alzhiemers patients and kids they stole the money from won't be getting any of it back.....spitzer to the rescue!!

[QUOTE][B]WISE GUYS GET A PASS[/B]

October 7, 2006 -- Six officials of the Gloria Wise Boys and Girls Club stole $1.2 million from the group, money meant for needy kids and seniors, a city probe has found. Investigations Commissioner Rose Gill Hearn calls it "disgusting" - the worst case of wrongdoing by a non-profit contractor she's seen since taking office.

Thank goodness the thieves will be going to jail for a very long time - and paying back every cent, and then some.

Well, actually, that's not quite true.

In fact, nobody is going to jail.

Not even for a single day.

And the crooks get to keep most of the cash they stole. Four weren't even charged, and after a few brief years, the two who were charged can return to nonprofit work - to loot again, perhaps.

For that wrist tap, thank Attorney General Eliot Spitzer, whose office prosecuted the case.

Something is wrong with this picture.

Hearn was right to label the shenanigans "disgusting." Her report said fraud "was an accepted way of doing business" for these execs. "Rather than reflecting actual events," the group's records "were made to say whatever suited the executives' purposes." Want details?

* Under their direction, the group improperly gave $875,000 to left-wing Air America radio (which features comedian Al Franken) while a Gloria Wise exec maintained a financial stake in it.

* Officials "improperly obtained more than $290,000 in income that was untaxed, on top of already generous salaries - and much of it stolen from government agencies."

* They used the money to buy themselves cars (two BMWs and a Volvo), fix up their homes and pay for tennis expenses, parking and personal insurance, among other things.

* Most alarming was their falsification of student medical records to fool the Health Department into thinking the kids had gotten vaccines and medical exams.

[url]http://www.nypost.com/seven/10072006/postopinion/editorials/wise_guys_get_a_pass_editorials_.htm[/url]
    [/QUOTE]

er...my bad....

Kelly...I'd be remiss if I did not ask- who is the fox in your avatar??
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 10-14-2006 at 01:51 PM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]guess that means the alhiemers patients and kids they stole the money from won't be getting any of it back.....spitzer to the rescue!!

er...my bad....

Kelly...I'd be remiss if I did not ask- who is the fox in your avatar??[/QUOTE]
    Give me two perrr, I need two perr, So I can get to stompin in my errr force ones, stompin in my errr force ones

Jets Insider VIP
    [IMG]http://www.coasttocoasttickets.com/images/concerts_lisaloeb.jpg[/IMG]