Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Mets/Met fans copying every other team?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: Mets/Met fans copying every other team?

So I heard the Mets now put on Sweet Caroline in the 8th innings, copying the Red Sox? What's up with that? And now, even worse, I hear the Met bleacher fans are doing roll call? Are you kidding me? Can't you Met fans come up with something original instead of copying what Yankee fans do? I know you guys are like our little brothers, but enough already - it's a disgrace.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan
    So I heard the Mets now put on Sweet Caroline in the 8th innings, copying the Red Sox? What's up with that? And now, even worse, I hear the Met bleacher fans are doing roll call? Are you kidding me? Can't you Met fans come up with something original instead of copying what Yankee fans do? I know you guys are like our little brothers, but enough already - it's a disgrace.
    Winning in the first round is pretty novel in NY these days...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well they did one thing differently. The made it to the LCS.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dump. And are you also saying that the Jets/Jets fans copy the Red Sox also? Idiot. Thats not all fans I dont do that roll call ****....because its gay.

What time are the Yanks playing tonight?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff..

Baseball is over for us..let it go...who cares..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SBIIICHAMPS
    Dump. And are you also saying that the Jets/Jets fans copy the Red Sox also? Idiot. Thats not all fans I dont do that roll call ****....because its gay.

No, I'm not syaing Jet/Jet fans are copying the Red Sox. Firstly, they are different sports. Secondly, I don't know what they did to copy... But stealing another teams song? Get your own song!

I know not all you fans do roll call. The bleacher fans decided it was pretty cool so they started doing it. Why? Because they saw the Yankee fans do it and I guess they couldn't come up with anything on their own. It's a disgrace. Come up with your own chants already for the love of God.

I guess the best argument for why your team copies the Yankees stating the Yankees aren't in the playoffs. I don't see what that has anything to do with you copying your big brothers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill parcells
    Jeff..

Baseball is over for us..let it go...who cares..
    The fact that they copied roll call is really lame. It's annoying too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxboroFanatic2
    Well they did one thing differently. The made it to the LCS.
    Ummm, did your team make the playoffs? At least you have some good rookies like Anibal Sanchez and Hanley Ramirez... Oh wait, you traded him for HR Beckett.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I'm not syaing Jet/Jet fans are copying the Red Sox. Firstly, they are different sports. Secondly, I don't know what they did to copy... But stealing another teams song? Get your own song!

I know not all you fans do roll call. The bleacher fans decided it was pretty cool so they started doing it. Why? Because they saw the Yankee fans do it and I guess they couldn't come up with anything on their own. It's a disgrace. Come up with your own chants already for the love of God.

I guess the best argument for why your team copies the Yankees stating the Yankees aren't in the playoffs. I don't see what that has anything to do with you copying your big brothers.
    We sing Sweet Caroline at Jet games.

Jose Jose Jose Joseeeeeeeee Joseeeeeeeeeee Joseeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Jose Jose Jose Joseeeeeeeeeeeee Joseeeeeeeeeee Joseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

you know what pisses me off over everything else?

"M-E-T-S METS! METS! METS!"

I want to SHOOT any Mets fan who tries to weasel the Jets cheer. And you should agree with me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ummm, did your team make the playoffs? At least you have some good rookies like Anibal Sanchez and Hanley Ramirez... Oh wait, you traded him for HR Beckett.
    Again for the 3,000,000th time....Chowd does not equal Sawks fan...sigh.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    We sing Sweet Caroline at Jet games.

Jose Jose Jose Joseeeeeeeee Joseeeeeeeeeee Joseeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Jose Jose Jose Joseeeeeeeeeeeee Joseeeeeeeeeee Joseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

you mean like "ole ole ole?" they've been doing that at soccer stadiums before baseball was invented

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec

"M-E-T-S METS! METS! METS!"

I want to SHOOT any Mets fan who tries to weasel the Jets cheer. And you should agree with me.
    I have never heard that. But yes if I hear it I would get mad.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec
    you mean like "ole ole ole?" they've been doing that at soccer stadiums before baseball was invented
    Yeah number one it doesnt take a genius to come up with a chant like the roll call. And also yes we came up with the Jose chant because he is a player on the Mets. So that is our chant for him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rangers do Sweet Caroline now too. A lot of teams do. Who cares? If they are doing the roll call that is pretty lame b/c that is pretty much a Yankee thing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrud
    The Rangers do Sweet Caroline now too. A lot of teams do. Who cares? If they are doing the roll call that is pretty lame b/c that is pretty much a Yankee thing.
    They have been doing after a win for a while now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So with all this "copying" going on, I guess curtain calls should only be done at Shea, it's only fair, that other teams and fans don't copy it, right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weaver, didn't the Sox steal it from the Jets? I think the Mets did it because there are many Jets/Mets fans.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted By pauliec

Meet the Jets, greet the Jets ...

seriously, though---why?

A lot of Jet fans are Met fans.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What time are the Yanks playing tonight?[/B][/QUOTE]