Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Green Needed to make that ****ing Catch.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Shawn Green Needed to make that ****ing Catch.

It was a tough play but he was there and he had it, he ****ed it up and that was a big **** up. That guy NEEDED TO MAKE THAT ****ING CATCH MAN, AND TO NOT MAKE IT SHOWS A LOT.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your insand, Mota has to not throw a 1-2 pitch right down the pipe.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. It hit his glove -- Green makes the catch we win the game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    It was a tough play but he was there and he had it, he ****ed it up and that was a big **** up. That guy NEEDED TO MAKE THAT ****ING CATCH MAN, AND TO NOT MAKE IT SHOWS A LOT.
    Nope, not Greene's fault. He can't be EXPECTED to make that catch. At least he knocked it back down otherwise it was a 3 run shot.

Mota is clearly to blame. He walked Edmonds, then missed his location TWICE to Speizo (sp?) after being up 0-2 in the count.

Also, maybe Willie should've went with Heilman after the Edmond's walk, but that's a tough call. Mota's been great all year and there was no reason to panic and pull him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin
    He doesn't even attempt a leap and it was a 3 run homerun. It was not a routine play. Would've been a spectacular catch.

I can't believe people are blaming him for this loss.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the record, Spezio looks like the biggest douchebag on the face of the planet with that ridiculous crap on his chin.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    He doesn't even attempt a leap and it was a 3 run homerun. It was not a routine play. Would've been a spectacular catch.

I can't believe people are blaming him for this loss.
    I'm not blaming him.

I'd blame Mota AND Wagner. I just think he could have, and thus, should have made the play, which would have changed the game outcome.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    it can't be EXPECTED to make that catch at first hand but once he's in that position he HAS TO make that catch. IT's like saying that with normal positioning the third baseman would not be able to get a ball that goes just over the line for a triple... but if he's guarding the line he has to make the catch he's in the position.

He had his glove right there and he ****ed it up he lost his concentration and choked. He had a big game three but he NEEDS TO GET THAT to be contributing.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the record, Spezio looks like the biggest douchebag on the face of the planet with that ridiculous crap on his chin.
    seriously I wanna deck that stupid jerk in his face everytime i see that ****.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikeyman3
    Your insand, Mota has to not throw a 1-2 pitch right down the pipe.
    That's the point - Mota has to make that pitch. But Randolph was schooled by LaRussa, too. Heilman should have been able to go two innings - a double switch was needed. But Randolph had Anderson Hernandez pinch hit early in the game........ whgy? It was like giving up and out and removing an excellent defensive player you could have saved for a double switch for an ice cold Valentin.

Well, Willy's gotta learn sometime, and there's a reason LaRusso is so successful.

we are in trouble. This was a huge game that we could have stolen. One of hte next two guys and Glavine have to come up huge for us to have a chance.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too bad Chavez wasn't in right. He makes that catch.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JCnflies
    That's the point - Mota has to make that pitch. But Randolph was schooled by LaRussa, too. Heilman should have been able to go two innings - a double switch was needed. But Randolph had Anderson Hernandez pinch hit early in the game........ whgy? It was like giving up and out and removing an excellent defensive player you could have saved for a double switch for an ice cold Valentin.

Well, Willy's gotta learn sometime, and there's a reason LaRusso is so successful.

we are in trouble. This was a huge game that we could have stolen. One of hte next two guys and Glavine have to come up huge for us to have a chance.
    I think with no days off for a while Willie was trying to limit each relievers pitch count. It was also a close game each time he pinch hit for a pitcher.

Mets will be fine. Lets not sound like Yankee fans off of one loss.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101
    I think with no days off for a while Willie was trying to limit each relievers pitch count. It was also a close game each time he pinch hit for a pitcher.

Mets will be fine. Lets not sound like Yankee fans off of one loss.
    It never surprises me.... What's more important winning it all or TRYING to make Yankee fans suffer. Still can't get the Yankees out your head.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    same thing everywhere in the world...something goes wrong, you blame the jews...

but seriously...if anything, give green credit for the fact that the game stayed tied after he (Soulpatchio) hit that one...milledge probably would have broken down in tears when that ball was hit and not even gone for it...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you don't mind a Yankee fan chiming in ... my fathers a Met fan and I watched that game with him

Anyhow, I think the Mets win that game anyway, regardless of Mota and Green, if Wagner doesn't implode

The Mets offense is damn good and they had last licks {at home} ... IMO they find a way to score a late run and put that W in the bank if Wagner doesn't implode

JMO, for whatever its worth

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham
    Hope you don't mind a Yankee fan chiming in ... my fathers a Met fan and I watched that game with him

Anyhow, I think the Mets win that game anyway, regardless of Mota and Green, if Wagner doesn't implode

The Mets offense is damn good and they had last licks {at home} ... IMO they find a way to score a late run and put that W in the bank if Wagner doesn't implode

JMO, for whatever its worth
    and thats the truth...but when i saw wags warming up to pitch the ninth in a non save situation, i saw the game going down the tube...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a good look at the play and thought Green could've made that catch. IMO Willie's love affair w/ Mota, Wagner's implosion, and foremost, Maine's inability to throw strikes with a lead, all played bigger roles in the collapse. Also, I'm beginning to get real worried about Wright. Hasn't been the same since the HR Derby.

Is LaRusa a freaking genius or what?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not Tru at all dude...wagner still let up 3 FU**ING RUNS!!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pitching is everything in the playoff. Ours sucked last night.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40
    It never surprises me.... What's more important winning it all or TRYING to make Yankee fans suffer. Still can't get the Yankees out your head.
    It's that inferiority complex. And I'm actually rooting for the Mets this series.