Thread: Chelsea loses 2 Goalkeepers during match (video)

Chelsea loses 2 Goalkeepers during match (video)

Chelsea played Reading last week and lost both GKs (the primary one and the backup) to terrible head injuries. Say what you want about Chel$ki, you never want to see this happen on a pitch.

The first GK, Petr Cech, gets accidentally kicked in the head. He suffered a depressed skull fracture and will be out for about 6 months. The backup keeper then gets WRECKED and sustains a concussion himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mjZPgefWHk

All Pro
    I heard John Terry ended up finishing the match in goal to perserve the victory. Cech is one of the top keepers in the world, its a shame to see that happen to anyone no matter what club he may be on.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    I heard John Terry ended up finishing the match in goal to perserve the victory. Cech is one of the top keepers in the world, its a shame to see that happen to anyone no matter what club he may be on.
    Cech could be out for a year, and there's a chance that he may never play again. Tough break for the guy. I happen to live in Reading where the game was played, and there's certainly been a lot of talk about it. Mourinho sounds like he wants the defenders up on assault / attempted murder charges! I know he's protecting his players, but I think a few of his comments are overboard.

The rematch at Stamford Bridge should be a good game!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesR
    Cech could be out for a year, and there's a chance that he may never play again. Tough break for the guy. I happen to live in Reading where the game was played, and there's certainly been a lot of talk about it. Mourinho sounds like he wants the defenders up on assault / attempted murder charges! I know he's protecting his players, but I think a few of his comments are overboard.

have you lived in the UK all your life? If so, how did you become a Jets fan? just curious

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR

if by good game, you mean chel$ki destroying the royals, then yeah, it will be ...

BTW...leave it to "the special one" to go out and waste all the goodwill he developed after this injury happened by lying about the ambulance response time...

Veteran
    Of course you never wish for anything like this to happen to any team or player.

But if I had to choose which team something like this should happen to first choice would be Fenerbahce, no contest here you guys probably don't know them but they are the bane of everything that is good in this world , and the second would be Chel$ki with their unending money which they think grants them invincability.

I'm sorry for Cech and Cudicini I hope they get well but for Chel$ki, I hope this is the beginning of an unending implosion.

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    if by good game, you mean chel$ki destroying the royals, then yeah, it will be ...

BTW...leave it to "the special one" to go out and waste all the goodwill he developed after this injury happened by lying about the ambulance response time...

To hell with Mourinho. It should be him the FA investigate over these lies.
    Christ, I'd sooner listen to Whinger these days than him.....

All Pro
    Chelsea defeated Barca 1-0 in Champions play

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet
    Chelsea defeated Barca 1-0 in Champions play

Hell yea.

Lets go Boys in blue!