Thread: martin

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

martin

hey, does anyone know what the deal is? when is he coming back.. hopefully soon?? i have been looking in the papers and online for literally weeks now, and i have not read ONE thing about him, his status, his expected return, etc. i feel like everyone is just content with the idea that hes injured and not coming back.. is this the case? any information would be great.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ryanmcg86]hey, does anyone know what the deal is? when is he coming back.. hopefully soon?? i have been looking in the papers and online for literally weeks now, and i have not read ONE thing about him, his status, his expected return, etc. i feel like everyone is just content with the idea that hes injured and not coming back.. is this the case? any information would be great.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2628562[/url]

i guess time will tell.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I just heard that he's supposed to start working out this week....and possibly be ready after the bye...........

Someone told me yesterday that rumor has it that we are trying to work a deal for Randy Moss????????????? He's not happy in Oakland.............

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Martin is a hall-of-famer, and during his day was GREAT, but...

A running back with degenerative arthritis in the knee won't do well in the NFL

He owes it to himself for the future to reconsider coming back (and perhaps avoid needing a knee replacement later in life)--

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgirl]I just heard that he's supposed to start working out this week....and possibly be ready after the bye...........

Someone told me yesterday that rumor has it that we are trying to work a deal for Randy Moss????????????? He's not happy in Oakland.............[/QUOTE]Can't see Mangini taking on a project like Moss, but it sounds intriguing!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgirl]Someone told me yesterday that rumor has it that we are trying to work a deal for Randy Moss????????????? He's not happy in Oakland.............[/QUOTE]The fact that he's had 2 miserable years in a row scares me. He has no patience for the short game. Could he and Coles share the ball? What would he cost?

In another thread here, a reporter said that Mangini told him CuMar won't be ready to practice for at least 2 weeks after coming off the PUP list.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nationalist88]Can't see Mangini taking on a project like Moss, but it sounds intriguing![/QUOTE]

Randy is a cancer in the locker room...........I'm not so sure he'd be a good fit for us............but then again, all we really have that's great is Coles.......I'll leave this up to the experts..........

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet]The fact that he's had 2 miserable years in a row scares me. He has no patience for the short game. Could he and Coles share the ball? What would he cost?

In another thread here, a reporter said that Mangini told him CuMar won't be ready to practice for at least 2 weeks after coming off the PUP list.[/QUOTE]

Are those 2 miserable years because of the teams he was on? Can he shine with the Jets? Penny to Randy.......... :eek:

Didn't he have to share the ball with Cris Carter?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgirl]
    Didn't he have to share the ball with Cris Carter?[/QUOTE]Nope. CC hasn't been around for a while.

I know he clicked with Chad in college, but at this level he needs someone with a gun to lead him downfield.