Thread: I believe LaRussa made a pact...

All League

I believe LaRussa made a pact...

with the DEVIL !! Seems like everything thing he's done in this series (no matter how much sense it doesn't make) has paid off handsomely.

Every pitching change, non-change, pinch hitter, double switch has paid off for him.

He truly is one of the greatest managers of all time. Really knows and trusts his guys.

With that being said... LET'S GO METS !!
    Last edited by JetBidi; 10-18-2006 at 12:11 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi
    with the DEVIL !! Seems like everything thing he's done in this series (no matter how much sense it doesn't make) has paid off handsomely.

Every pitching change, non-change, pinch hitter, double switch has paid off for him.

He truly is one of the greatest managers of all time. Really knows and trusts his guys.

With that being said... LET'S GO METS !!
    Yeah. He is repeatedly praised and criticized for "over managing" but it is clearly working here.

Some guys think they know more than everyone else and plan out each and every scenario, at-bat and pitch. Some guys just let their players play...more of a Joe Torre, sit back and watch, style. But Tony is moving the pieces around the chess board like Kasparov these days!

All League
    when he took out Reyes, i thought it was too early, and it clearly was as Thompson was absolute garbage. He lost game 4 by his managing. He probably would have lost if he had kept Reyes in, but taking him out secured the loss.

Hall Of Fame
    your opponent losing half of their starting pitching rotation for a 7 game series doesnt hurt either...nor did the day off that the rainout provided his bullpen, which was shellshocked after game 4...

not that i'm bitter or anything...

LaRusso has so much more experience than Willie. He is clearly out managing Willie. That being said you have to remember that he is not carrying a beat up garbage starting pitching staff that Willie is.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    your opponent losing half of their starting pitching rotation for a 7 game series doesnt hurt either...nor did the day off that the rainout provided his bullpen, which was shellshocked after game 4...

not that i'm bitter or anything...

part of the game boys...hell, after Carpenter and Suppan, does the Cardinal rotation scare anyone? Weaver and Reyes??? please

And I think the rainouts helped old man Glavine alot more then the Cardinals already susceptible bull pen

All League
    I think the general consensus was, by just about everyone, that Glavine having an extra day helped more than a bunch of youngsters having an extra day... before the game of course.

Maybe it didn't turn out that way, but you can always complain after the fact about something.