Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It depends on what your definition of the word "WE" is?

It depends on what your definition of the word "WE" is?

Anyone hear the Univeristy of Miami's Donna Shalala on Mike & Mike this morning?

When confronted about the suspensions by Mike Golic, who pointed out that some attacks were more vicious than others {i.e. stompings} and thus deserving of more severe suspensions, Shalala {former Clintonoid} assured M&M ... [B]"We looked at the video many times and we broke it down frame by frame"[/B]

The OBVIOUS implication being, [B]SHE[/B] {along with her staff} broke down the video frame by frame and handed out the appropriate suspensions person by person

Later M&M found an audio of Shalala's press conference where she said ... [B]"I DID NOT look at the video, I was there, I saw it live, and frankly I was sickened by it and had no desire to see it again"[/B]

So they had to call back Shalala's office for a clerification, which is it, did she look at the video or not?

At which point Shalala's office said she has not looked at the video, and they apologize for any misunderstanding that may have been created, it was not her intention to mislead

[SIZE=4]In Other Words - It depends on what your definition of the word [B]"WE"[/B] is?[/SIZE] :deal:
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 10-18-2006 at 10:19 AM.

Rookie
    Who cares about the U?

Go Jets!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I heard that interview, I could not help but be reminded of where she learned her "trade" of spin, from the master, "I never had...." I'll stop there or I would have to move this thread. ;)

btw, I thought M & M made mince meat of her.

[QUOTE=jetswin]

I heard that interview, I could not help but be reminded of where she learned her "trade" of spin, from the master[/QUOTE]
    EXACTLY :yes:

It depends on what your definition of the word "IS" is? :cool:

It depends on what your definition of the word "WE" is? :deal:

Uh, and it depends on what your definition of the word :bs: is?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]EXACTLY :yes:

It depends on what your definition of the word "IS" is? :cool:

It depends on what your definition of the word "WE" is? :deal:

Uh, and it depends on what your definition of the word :bs: is?[/QUOTE]
    Haha. Nice. :yes:

Honestly, on the scale of spinning and parsing, what Shalala did is neither unusual nor surprising. We live in a world where our current president changes the legal definition of torture so he can say we don't do it even though we've killed people in our custody, and sent innocent people to Syria to have the snot kicked out of them for 10 months at a time.

I don't doubt that people in Shalala's administration did view the tape frame by frame, even if she didn't. Yes, it's a weak and transparent attempt to avoid having to answer questions about the specific actions of individuals. But there's too much else to be outraged about in the world.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola]

Honestly, on the scale of spinning and parsing, what Shalala did is neither unusual nor surprising. We live in a world where our current president changes the legal definition of torture so he can say we don't do it even though we've killed people in our custody, and sent innocent people to Syria to have the snot kicked out of them for 10 months at a time.

I don't doubt that people in Shalala's administration did view the tape frame by frame, even if she didn't. Yes, it's a weak and transparent attempt to avoid having to answer questions about the specific actions of individuals. But there's too much else to be outraged about in the world.[/QUOTE]
    In the immortal words of Ronald Reagan, HERE WE GO AGAIN :rolleyes:

Everytime a Clintonoid is caught in a bold-faced lie, its the same song & dance by the Clintonista's ...

[B]1. Everybody lies

2. Its only a little white lie

3. How bout the big lies from the Republicans

4. In the big scheme of things its really a lie about nothing

5. Don't we have more serious things to be concerned with

6. Yes, an obvious lie was told, but under the circumstances I can understand why ...[/B]

etc etc etc

Its always the same dog & pony show

They can never just say the Clintonoid got caught bull$hittin again, and leave it at that :shakehead

PS. And when all else fails ...

[B]7. The Clintonoids have to lie because the Republicans are evil {i.e. the vast right-wing conspiracy}[/B] :D
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 10-18-2006 at 12:17 PM.

All League
    i don't think she was trying to lie. when she said we, she meant the university administration as a whole. she probably should have clarified, that she specifically didn't watch, but i don't think she was trying to pull a fast one past mike and mike.

also, on this very board, when talking about the jets, everyone, including myself say, "we" when referring to the jets, yet none of us actually play in the games.

edit: the 1 game suspensions with a zero tolerance policy added on is a disgrace. maybe for some of the players, 1 game is enough, because they only ran in after the fact and started pushing or punching people, but some of the guys who were stomping and holding guys down and throwing helmets, should be suspended for the rest of the season.
    Last edited by loluchka80; 10-18-2006 at 11:42 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

congratulations to Nuu on getting this moved to the politics forum

[QUOTE=loluchka80]

i don't think she was trying to lie. when she said we, she meant the university administration as a whole. she probably should have clarified, that she specifically didn't watch, but i don't think she was trying to pull a fast one past mike and mike.

also, on this very board, when talking about the jets, everyone, including myself say, "we" when referring to the jets, yet none of us actually play in the games.[/QUOTE]
    Like I said, depends on what your definition of the word "WE" is? :deal:

So long as there are Clintonista's out there ready to defend every lie, the obvious implication never matters ;)

[QUOTE=jetswin]congratulations to Nuu on getting this moved to the politics forum[/QUOTE]

The subject line quoted Bill Clinton. That it took my post to get it moved says more about you're views than mine.

[QUOTE=jetswin]

congratulations to Nuu on getting this moved to the politics forum[/QUOTE]
    That's okay JW, no harm done ... its not nuu's fault, its my fault ... I'll take the blame for this one ... I should have posted this in the political forum to begin with, cause it was destined to head in this direction

There was NO WAY the Clintonista's would just say the bee-atch lied!! :D

I think we know that from experience ;)

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]In the immortal words of Ronald Reagan, HERE WE GO AGAIN :rolleyes:

Everytime a Clintonoid is caught in a bold-faced lie, its the same song & dance by the Clintonista's ...

[B]1. Everybody lies

2. Its only a little white lie

3. How bout the big lies from the Republicans

4. In the big scheme of things its really a lie about nothing

5. Don't we have more serious things to be concerned with

6. Yes, an obvious lie was told, but under the circumstances I can understand why ...[/B]

etc etc etc

Its always the same dog & pony show

They can never just say the Clintonoid got caught bull$hittin again, and leave it at that :shakehead

PS. And when all else fails ...

[B]7. The Clintonoids have to lie because the Republicans are evil[/B] :D[/QUOTE]

Ham,

All politicians do lie, Democrats and Republicans both.

But, as you pointed out, there are big lies and little ones, lies that kill people and lies that shrug off personal embarassment.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman (I got blown by her instead") is one kind of lie. "We know where the WMDs are" is another kind.

You tell me which is worse.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola]

The subject line quoted Bill Clinton[/QUOTE]
    Yeah but I quoted him accurately, didn't I?

He did say ... "It depends on what your definition of the word "IS" is ... didn't he?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=nuu faaola]The subject line quoted Bill Clinton. That it took my post to get it moved says more about you're views than mine.[/QUOTE]
    I make no secret about my views, and if you had heard the interview (which I assume you did not) you would have had the same flashback. I left the thread on the front page in the hope that it would lead to a discussion of the "punishment" given to the Miami players, as a matter of fact I stopped myself from taking it here.

My views are not a secret, and since we are now in the political forum you may know them. The Clinton administration made lying acceptable to many, that will be their legacy.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola]

Ham,

All politicians do lie, Democrats and Republicans both.

But, as you pointed out, there are big lies and little ones, lies that kill people and lies that shrug off personal embarassment.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman (I got blown by her instead") is one kind of lie. "We know where the WMDs are" is another kind.

You tell me which is worse.[/QUOTE]
    He didn't say we know where the WMD's are, he said we know they have WMD's based on the intelligence reports ... and Guess what, both Clinton's {Bill & Hillary} said the same thing, and so did John Kerry ... damn near everyone from here to the planet Mars said it, and believed it, based on the intelligence reports, the same reports they all looked at

I don't see how that's a lie ... a lie everyone was in on ... just faulty intelligence

But if it makes you feel better about the OBVIOUS LIARS who seemingly lie for the sake of lying, like sheister lawyers who parse every word, like they are just slicker than the rest of us, feel free to believe it

[QUOTE=jetswin]

The Clinton administration made lying acceptable to many, that will be their legacy[/QUOTE]
    Exactly, but they made it more than acceptable ... defending their lies became a cottage industry

You couldn't turn on a TV or hold a conversation without hearing someone cherry-pick the list of 7 excuses I posted

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]You couldn't turn on a TV or hold a conversation without hearing someone cherry-pick the list of 7 excuses I posted[/QUOTE]

Indictative of posts by the libs here.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]Anyone hear the Univeristy of Miami's Donna Shalala on Mike & Mike this morning?

When confronted about the suspensions by Mike Golic, who pointed out that some attacks were more vicious than others {i.e. stompings} and thus deserving of more severe suspensions, Shalala {former Clintonoid} assured M&M ... [B]"We looked at the video many times and we broke it down frame by frame"[/B]

The OBVIOUS implication being, [B]SHE[/B] {along with her staff} broke down the video frame by frame and handed out the appropriate suspensions person by person

Later M&M found an audio of Shalala's press conference where she said ... [B]"I DID NOT look at the video, I was there, I saw it live, and frankly I was sickened by it and had no desire to see it again"[/B]

So they had to call back Shalala's office for a clerification, which is it, did she look at the video or not?

At which point Shalala's office said she has not looked at the video, and they apologize for any misunderstanding that may have been created, it was not her intention to mislead

[SIZE=4]In Other Words - It depends on what your definition of the word [B]"WE"[/B] is?[/SIZE] :deal:[/QUOTE]

what exactly is the point here Ham?

mad at teh U?

mad at Donna?

mad that she is a 'clintinoid'?

You usually make a point rather than just post stuff, what exactly are you saying here?

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham]Exactly, but they made it more than acceptable ... defending their lies became a cottage industry

You couldn't turn on a TV or hold a conversation without hearing someone cherry-pick the list of 7 excuses I posted[/QUOTE]

This is absolute fiction. Whatever lies Clinton told --and he certainly told some-- they were minor in comparison to Bush II (war and peace), Reagan (Iran contra), Nixon (Watergate), and Johnson (all sorts of Vietnam-related stuff).

What are the big Clinton lies? Don't just tell me that Clinton applogists always say they're small lies. Show me they aren't.