Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Time to fess up and smell the reality

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Sudbury,Ma
    Posts
    2,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Time to fess up and smell the reality

    As much as I like Chad and am glad that he is back he is not going to be the one to win a SB with this team. His arm strength is just not there and his decision making at times is poor. In watching QB's like Leinart and Manning (Eli) I can see that they all have a lot more tools to become top tier NFL QB's in the near future. If in fact this IS a rebuilding year and if we lose any of the upcoming "gimme games" then this franchise needs to evaluate Klemens and get him some actual playing time. I just don't think that the Jets can draft as many players as they need right now especially on the defensive side of the ball.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,590
    Post Thanks / Like
    I give it 5 minutes before you're swarmed under by accusations of being a fair weather fan, not giving Chad a chance, and reminded that all QB's need a better supporting cast then Chad has to win a Superbowl.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan44
    I give it 5 minutes before you're swarmed under by accusations of being a fair weather fan, not giving Chad a chance, and reminded that all QB's need a better supporting cast then Chad has to win a Superbowl.
    nah... it's not like anything he said hasn't been said here 100 times for the last 3 weeks.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    hoboken
    Posts
    6,107
    Post Thanks / Like
    dumb post, but thanks for re-hashing an old, baseless argument.

    the jets problem clearly isnt chad pennington.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,590
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    nah... it's not like anything he said hasn't been said here 100 times for the last 3 weeks.
    Only 100? I lost track days ago.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,538
    Post Thanks / Like

    some people just can't stand prosperity. the only issue

    i currently see with chad is his ability to stay on the field, healthy. this is not necessarily an indication of his fragility just the fact that he has already taken 16 sacks. that projects to 43 for the season. things had better improve on the oline or he will not last the rest of the season.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,237
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    As much as I like Chad and am glad that he is back he is not going to be the one to win a SB with this team. His arm strength is just not there and his decision making at times is poor. In watching QB's like Leinart and Manning (Eli) I can see that they all have a lot more tools to become top tier NFL QB's in the near future. If in fact this IS a rebuilding year and if we lose any of the upcoming "gimme games" then this franchise needs to evaluate Klemens and get him some actual playing time. I just don't think that the Jets can draft as many players as they need right now especially on the defensive side of the ball.
    Weak
    Anything new to add to the argument?
    BTW. Eli Manning is possibly the most overrated QB in the NFL. He is only getting by with his last name.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,225
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUH!!!!!

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82
    dumb post, but thanks for re-hashing an old, baseless argument.

    the jets problem clearly isnt chad pennington.
    Now this raises an interesting arguement. I've been as big a 'Chad doubter' as there is. However, I totally agree. Chad Pennington is the least of the Jets problems right now. If we had a defense, we could be a legitmate team.

    Those of us who still hold that 'Chad Doubter' or 'Hater' as everyone likes to call him still see a problem. For me, Chad is not a problem for this team as it is right now. However, when the team catches up, be it in a year, 2 years, whatever... the real question is... Is Chad capable of taking them to the next level. This i'm not sure of.

    For now, he gives us the best chance to win in Detriot next Sunday, so perhaps that's all we should be looking for.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    what are you a fair weather fan? You haven't giving Chad a chance, and need I remind you that all QB's need a better supporting cast to win a Superbowl?

    Chad has is one of the best decison-makers in the game (except Peyton?) How do you explain the lack of red zone INTs.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many of the same posts can we get in a given week.....

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    People who start stupid repetitive threads like this should be charged a nuisance fee...

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    14,908
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    People who start stupid repetitive threads like this should be charged a nuisance fee...
    you'd be rich.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EricYellin
    you'd be rich.
    Sooth wouldn't have to charge for VIP membership anymore...

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fairfax Va
    Posts
    7,842
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    As much as I like Chad and am glad that he is back he is not going to be the one to win a SB with this team. His arm strength is just not there and his decision making at times is poor. In watching QB's like Leinart and Manning (Eli) I can see that they all have a lot more tools to become top tier NFL QB's in the near future. If in fact this IS a rebuilding year and if we lose any of the upcoming "gimme games" then this franchise needs to evaluate Klemens and get him some actual playing time. I just don't think that the Jets can draft as many players as they need right now especially on the defensive side of the ball.

    Excellent post. Your thought process and originality is absolutely unprecedented. Thank you.

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that realistically Pennington isnt the QB of the future of the Jets, but with the right players in place he could lead a team to a Super Bowl, see Trent Dilfer. So, whether he could lead a jets team in the next 2-3 years to a SB is another story. Personnally I think he is doing as good a job as a QB could do with the personnel we have on both sides of the ball and a first year coaching staff.

    I agree that we need to give Clemens a shot, but why right now? He is a first year player. Let him sit for a year and learn and watch. There is no need to panic and get him in there too soon. We are 3-3 right now, in shape to finish 8-8/9-7. If you would have told me that at the beginning of the season I'd say you were crazy.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad's arm strength has not lost us a game this year. When healthy, as he now is, he's more than good enough to win a SB on a team with a good defense and running game.

    In fact, the only time Chad's arm strength has ever really been a problem was in late 2004, after he injured it against Buffalo, and in early 2005 after the rehab attempt. (I've seen it argued that his arm was a problem in the playoff game against Oakland; I disagree. The problem was he was smacked around and lost his composure.)

    I haven't seen any evidence that our offense is hamstrung by his arm this year. And, aside from the Jax debacle, he's performed at a near Pro Bowl level without the benefit of much of a running game.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nuu faaola

    Chad's arm strength has not lost us a game this year. When healthy, as he now is, he's more than good enough to win a SB on a team with a good defense and running game.

    In fact, the only time Chad's arm strength has ever really been a problem was in late 2004, after he injured it against Buffalo, and in early 2005 after the rehab attempt. (I've seen it argued that his arm was a problem in the playoff game against Oakland; I disagree. The problem was he was smacked around and lost his composure.)

    I haven't seen any evidence that our offense is hamstrung by his arm this year. And, aside from the Jax debacle, he's performed at a near Pro Bowl level without the benefit of much of a running game.
    Great Post, nuu ... I couldn't agree more

    My only criticism, THIS WEEK, was too much dink & dunk in the first half ... way too much ... reminded me of his old bad habits from the Hackett days ... and I DO NOT wanna see any backsliding in that regard ... keep attacking down the field, intermidiate routs etc

    I don't mind short passes ... they can't all be down the field ... but don't make short passes the crutch they were under Hackett, where you continuously throw short of the flags on 3rd down ... I saw too much of that on Sunday, a little too much for my liking, enough to give me Hackett flashbacks, and I don't want that to become a habit

    Other than that one concern, Chad has been one of the JETS MVP's thus far this season

    Chad & Coles are the Jets Co-MVP's
    Last edited by Green Jets & Ham; 10-18-2006 at 04:14 PM.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    As much as I like Chad and am glad that he is back he is not going to be the one to win a SB with this team. His arm strength is just not there and his decision making at times is poor. In watching QB's like Leinart and Manning (Eli) I can see that they all have a lot more tools to become top tier NFL QB's in the near future. If in fact this IS a rebuilding year and if we lose any of the upcoming "gimme games" then this franchise needs to evaluate Klemens and get him some actual playing time. I just don't think that the Jets can draft as many players as they need right now especially on the defensive side of the ball.

    Didn't you post this same drivel after the Jax game?

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bethel, CT
    Posts
    11,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    As much as I like Chad and am glad that he is back he is not going to be the one to win a SB with this team. His arm strength is just not there and his decision making at times is poor. In watching QB's like Leinart and Manning (Eli) I can see that they all have a lot more tools to become top tier NFL QB's in the near future. If in fact this IS a rebuilding year and if we lose any of the upcoming "gimme games" then this franchise needs to evaluate Klemens and get him some actual playing time. I just don't think that the Jets can draft as many players as they need right now especially on the defensive side of the ball.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us