Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: ahh um theres a MET game going on......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

OT: ahh um theres a MET game going on......

I fell bad for the yankees and their fans. The were such a GREAT team for so long. And now, well....they arent

anyway 2-0 mets nice job by maine

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite
    I fell bad for the yankees and their fans. The were such a GREAT team for so long. And now, well....they arent

anyway 2-0 mets nice job by maine

nice!!!!! double play! now let's score a couple of runs here........

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay to nervous to discuss this game........I don't want to jinx the boys.............but yes, we do need some runs here........as soon as Reyes hit that home run........all I could think of was..........The Bats are Alive.......the bats are alive.........

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    mets will win in 7 and then sweep the tigers.................and my preds shutout the Rangers tonight.................i'll be up in NY to see them play the devils tomorrow...............

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    either way a good series but i want a win in 7

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    dbl play!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i always loved looper as a pitcher.............

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    this series is eerily similiar to how I felt in 86..................we looked dead against the astros with Mike Scott going and yet I still knew we'd win..............same thing being down two zip in the WS.................I just dont feel we are going to lose...............it is kinda weird..................but this team is solid................and if the get to detroit with el duque they will win....................

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bongo59
    this series is eerily similiar to how I felt in 86..................we looked dead against the astros with Mike Scott going and yet I still knew we'd win..............same thing being down two zip in the WS.................I just dont feel we are going to lose...............it is kinda weird..................but this team is solid................and if the get to detroit with el duque they will win....................

that peyton manning/mask avatar is pretty funny

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    4-0 mets this will go to game 7 it will be a nailbiter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mets winning 4-0 ... Lets go Heilman

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    its so wacky

last nite, the mets: deer in the headlights look.

tonite: lights out.

86/06

go mets

maine was superb, the hitting was clutch, and the defense amazing.

amazin performance

4-0

but we gotta finish it here

top 8th, top of the order for da cards

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    its funny, i remember that, i was like 9 years old.

the 'stros were good back then. them and the cards like every year.

that was the first sports championship i consciously remember.

i mean i remember my elated enthused reactions at particular moments in that series...

go mets

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    one thing that is crystal clear................the Mets bullpen is scary good...................I think they have to have a short leash tomorrow and I think it is imperitive that they jump out early and put a ton of pressure on the cards.................i think Reyes is the key..............he needs to stay patient and make suppan pitch......................they need to make him go to deep counts...................

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember mookies bat. i was at Lamour's east on queens blvd. i met a long time g/f that night who to this day was the best giver of H that i ever had. she just gobbled it right quick. all the time.

thanks mookie

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    man that is a blast from the past............Lamours East was a place I visited alot.................and there was some good pipe cleaners in that joint back then..................

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite
    I remember mookies bat. i was at Lamour's east on queens blvd. i met a long time g/f that night who to this day was the best giver of H that i ever had. she just gobbled it right quick. all the time.

thanks mookie
    mookie lived in lakewood nj.

he came to the ocean county mall to sign auto graphs one year in the late 80's. I think 87.

My dad went and got me a b-day card and brought it to Mookie to sign it.

One of the coolest b-day presents in the history of the universe.

for a 9 year old.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    man that is a blast from the past............Lamours East was a place I visited alot.................and there was some good pipe cleaners in that joint back then..................

bongo did u tease the hair a bit..? tell us the truth

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    That was long time ago, but I remember Mike Scott used to throw some serious heat. High 90's iirc.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    mets will win in 7 and then sweep the tigers.................and my preds shutout the Rangers tonight.................i'll be up in NY to see them play the devils tomorrow...............
    Thats the kiss of death!!!