Thread: Can Wagner please...

All League

Can Wagner please...

STOP ****ING AROUND !!

Wagner scares the hell outta me. I went from extremely happy to completely flipping out. I was getting ready to bust the TV. He better get it together.

With that being said... LET'S GO METS !!

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Amen. Even the commentators said he was throwing way too many sliders and not enough of his best pitch, the fastball.

He's a little better in the post season than Benitez was, not much, but a little.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet
    Amen. Even the commentators said he was throwing way too many sliders and not enough of his best pitch, the fastball.

He's a little better in the post season than Benitez was, not much, but a little.
    It really does seem like he's fallen in love with his slider this year. Whether it's Wagner or Lo Duca calling the slider... they need to stop. They have to use it very sparingly, not back to back or every other pitch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It's tough when you only have two pitches and have lost a few mph on the fastball. He's not blowing it past anyone these days.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

His slider yesterday was awful. With the stuff he has right now, he should never throw his slider for a strike. if he wants to put it in the dirt, fine. people seem to be swinging at that still.

but the slider over the plate is a meatball right now.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino
    the slider over the plate is a meatball right now.
    Maybe that's why Lo Duca keeps calling for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    It's tough when you only have two pitches and have lost a few mph on the fastball. He's not blowing it past anyone these days.

i had the exact same observation. he needs to learn a splitter......a splitter is good cause you can use it as a change-up....i don't know if wagner has enough control to throw a circle-change.....maybe.......either way he needs to learn a third pitch. and it needs to be a strikeout pitch like a splitter or a changeup.