Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Congrats to jetfan13

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Congrats to jetfan13

Suppan was untouchable in this series, and some unlikely heroes stepped up. Beat the cats.

Hopefully when we show up again next year our pitching staff will be intact.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    classy post, Jumba. wouldn't have expected anything else from you

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Suppan was untouchable in this series, and some unlikely heroes stepped up. Beat the cats.

Hopefully when we show up again next year our pitching staff will be intact.
    Well said Jumba. I do agree that we have to bring in a better staff next year, however, they gave us all they had this postseason.

The Mets offense needs to reexamine itself after this series and all offseason. Need some right-handed bats (Soriano ??) and some key right handed pinch hitters.

It was not the absolute best effort by the inured pitching staff, but the held their own and we got more than we can ask for from Maine and Perez. Our offense on the other hand was simply horrendous. The Cardinals staff shut us down all series when they shouldn't have.

Good luck in the WS jetfan13.
    Last edited by JetBidi; 10-20-2006 at 12:37 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx to all of you...I must say I ws impressed with Maine and Perez last night. I thought the Cards would win it in 6 against Maine but both guys pitched admirably and if Suppan wasn't as hot as he was the Mets would have won it.

On to Detroit...GOB, we're coming after you

Next weekend in Cleveland could be big, a Jets win and a Cardinal championship

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Cards deserved to win and they did. My very best and here's to hoping you represnt the NL well. Good Luck..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan13
    Next weekend in Cleveland could be big, a Jets win and a Cardinal championship
    If it goes 7 games you should just drive to Detroit and go to the baseball game instead of football.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    If it goes 7 games you should just drive to Detroit and go to the baseball game instead of football.

Hey thats a great idea...GUNS, can you get tickets using your ploice influence?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, congrats to all the Cardinal Fans. Once again, good pitching beat good hitting. The best team won. (God that hurt to say that)

I'm still pissed at Beltran for not swinging. I tell the girls on my daughters fastpitch team.......it's ok to go down swinging.....striking out looking is inexcusable!