Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shameless Self-Promotion - my band

Hall Of Fame

Shameless Self-Promotion - my band

Hi guys, sorry to be a total shamless self-promoter, but my band's album is finished and ready for sale.

[url]www.thebiltmores.com[/url]

[url]www.myspace.com/thebiltmores[/url]

We're a small band that needs all the support we can get!

congrats and good luck 5ever :D

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks dude, I appreciate it.

Veteran
    just ordered a CD

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Lawyers, Guns and Money]just ordered a CD[/QUOTE]
    Thank you!

Tell me, how did the pay site work...was it easy to use and all?

kinda modest mousey meets son volt..I like it..
    even though I disagree with you on everything with the exception Of Keyshawn being the greatest jet ever!!
    Last edited by bman; 10-20-2006 at 05:11 PM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]Thank you!

Tell me, how did the pay site work...was it easy to use and all?[/QUOTE]

yeah real easy, took me about 2 minutes....the usual adress, CC info etc. Emailed me a confirm

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bman]kinda modest mousey..I like it..
    even though I disagree with you on everything with the exception Of Keyshawn being the greatest jet ever!![/QUOTE]
    Thanks bman! Yeah, we disagree, but dig it - even I am not going to defend Bush anymore. He's the worst.

(No, I am not just typing this so you'll buy a CD!)

If you have the inclination, check out our album...you'll like it. It's Modest Mousey, sure, but has some other sounds. I'm pretty proud of it and no, we don't sing about anything political at all.

Funny - my brother and I are conservative, the other two guys are way liberal. It's a pretty funny mix. We all agreed to just steer clear of politicals entirely in lyrics and everything.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Lawyers, Guns and Money]yeah real easy, took me about 2 minutes....the usual adress, CC info etc. Emailed me a confirm[/QUOTE]

Good to know, I am glad. Let me know if you have any delivery problems or anything and I'll 100% take care of it.

I can't wait to hear your feedback!

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Thanks bman! Yeah, we disagree, but dig it - even I am not going to defend Bush anymore. He's the worst.

(No, I am not just typing this so you'll buy a CD!)

If you have the inclination, check out our album...you'll like it. It's Modest Mousey, sure, but has some other sounds. I'm pretty proud of it and no, we don't sing about anything political at all.

Funny - my brother and I are conservative, the other two guys are way liberal. It's a pretty funny mix. We all agreed to just steer clear of politicals entirely in lyrics and everything.[/QUOTE]

Yea it's modest mouse meets son volt meets uncle tupelo meets pavement..
    really really good stuff.
    I'll order it
    let us know if you guys hit NYC
    Last edited by bman; 10-20-2006 at 05:19 PM.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=bman]Yea it's modest mouse meets son volt meets uncle tupelo meets pavement..
    I'll order it
    let us know if you guys hit NYC[/QUOTE]

I guess Im more of a Tweedy guy, but Farrar voice just drives me up a wall, and I cant get over it. His voice just ruins songs IMO

Ive tried hard to listen to Son Volt after Tupelo, but I just can't listen to him

I agree..
    I've seen Wilco 12 x's!
    I dont like Ferrar's voice and he has zero personality.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bman]Yea it's modest mouse meets son volt meets uncle tupelo meets pavement..
    I'll order it
    let us know if you guys hit NYC[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

I agree with you guys about Wilco. I've never seen them live. I literally didn't even know they existed until Lawyers got me onto them a while back.

I've basically been obsessed with the Pixies for 15 years, so I hear a lot of them in it. My kid brother (singer) is into Pavement, Archers of Loaf, Tupelo, Wilco, Modest Mouse and all.

I'll tell you guys - check out a band called Built to Spill. They rule.

Have you heard of The Long Winters? They are awesome. They are oneof our top 8 friends, so you can see them on our myspace. We may be playing with them in 2007. We have an outside shot at opening for a few indie bands coming up...The Wrens, Oranges Band and The Long Winters. A few things need to be worked out, but it looks promising.

The guest musicians on Pigeonhole had one of their albums produced by Jay Bennett and the guy who produced our album worked on Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - a few tracks, anyway. We recorded it in Chicago and Wilco is legendary out there among scenesters and sound guys.

wow..good news,,
    Jay Bennet was in Wilco from 96-01..

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]Thanks man, I really appreciate it.

I agree with you guys about Wilco. I've never seen them live. I literally didn't even know they existed until Lawyers got me onto them a while back.

I've basically been obsessed with the Pixies for 15 years, so I hear a lot of them in it. My kid brother (singer) is into Pavement, Archers of Loaf, Tupelo, Wilco, Modest Mouse and all.

I'll tell you guys - check out a band called Built to Spill. They rule.

Have you heard of The Long Winters? They are awesome. They are oneof our top 8 friends, so you can see them on our myspace. We may be playing with them in 2007. We have an outside shot at opening for a few indie bands coming up...The Wrens, Oranges Band and The Long Winters. A few things need to be worked out, but it looks promising.

The guest musicians on Pigeonhole had one of their albums produced by Jay Bennett and the guy who produced our album worked on Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - a few tracks, anyway. We recorded it in Chicago and Wilco is legendary out there among scenesters and sound guys.[/QUOTE]

Damn, thats big time! I recent just got his latest release

I am so happy for you my friend, congratulations. I truly hope this is the beginning of something big for you and yours.

Sorry I didn;t get back to you sooner....things have been a bit funky of late, and I really wanted to give it the appropriate attention deserved a friend.

I have to admit up front......I am very particular about music, and your band is not my style. It really really kills me to say that, because you are my friend.

But with that said......the quality for what it is very high, the sound is good, the mix is pretty good (some sections the vocals could just a slight volume rise, but that is a personal thing, and as is may be more appropriate for the style) and the playing is superb throughout. For fans of similar style artists, I think it will be very well received.

Lets just say that it wouldn't suprise me to hear these songs played comercially at all. Best of luck man, I hope all works out well.

[QUOTE=jets5ever]I'll tell you guys - check out a band called Built to Spill. They rule.[/QUOTE]

Picked up this a few weeks back, not a bad disk.

[IMG]http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drh200/h216/h21608mspzg.jpg[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish]I am so happy for you my friend, congratulations. I truly hope this is the beginning of something big for you and yours.

Sorry I didn;t get back to you sooner....things have been a bit funky of late, and I really wanted to give it the appropriate attention deserved a friend.

I have to admit up front......I am very particular about music, and your band is not my style. It really really kills me to say that, because you are my friend.

But with that said......the quality for what it is very high, the sound is good, the mix is pretty good (some sections the vocals could just a slight volume rise, but that is a personal thing, and as is may be more appropriate for the style) and the playing is superb throughout. For fans of similar style artists, I think it will be very well received.

Lets just say that it wouldn't suprise me to hear these songs played comercially at all. Best of luck man, I hope all works out well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the feedback Fisher. No worries - it's not everyone's cup of tea. It's very indie rock, you know? Some people dig, others don't...it's all good.

Good luck on the cd George. You're a good guy and I root for good things to happen to good people.

Keep us informed how it's doing.

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks Queens!