Thread: I still can't believe the Mets lost!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I still can't believe the Mets lost!

Based upon lack of offense, of all things.

We made Suppan into a great pitcher.

The only Met who seemed really pi$$ed off was Lo Duca. All the others were "that's how it goes".

This was worse than 1988 against the Dodgers.

I can't believe the Mets lost to the Cardinals.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHiJetMan
    Based upon lack of offense, of all things.

We made Suppan into a great pitcher.

The only Met who seemed really pi$$ed off was Lo Duca. All the others were "that's how it goes".

This was worse than 1988 against the Dodgers.

I can't believe the Mets lost to the Cardinals.
    agree'd.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Look here you whiners(you know who you are). All baseball threads wind up in their proper spot.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet
    Look here you whiners(you know who you are). All baseball threads wind up in their proper spot.
    NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Not the abyss of the MLB Talk Forum...I hear an echo.

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    at least they went out swinging

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no way.. no form this was worse the the dodgers in 1988.. This one stung.. But 88 was by far the worst!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    There is no way.. no form this was worse the the dodgers in 1988.. This one stung.. But 88 was by far the worst!

yeah no doubt. we were BY FAR the dominant team that year........that one was a major meltdown. mets lost 2/3 of their main play-off rotation this year and still managed to come within 1 game os the WS. it's a disappointment, but nowhere near as bad as '88......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neckdemon
    yeah no doubt. we were BY FAR the dominant team that year........that one was a major meltdown. mets lost 2/3 of their main play-off rotation this year and still managed to come within 1 game os the WS. it's a disappointment, but nowhere near as bad as '88......

I was only 7 at the time. But I still remember, I got into it when I was 4 or 5 yr old. My dad introduced me to the Mets and Jets like they were family... Even though I was so young, my dad still reminds me of how bad that hurt... By the way, that game gooden gave up the HR. I dont blame Davey Johnson.. That umpire called a ball on what was clearly strike 3, before the next pitch was hit out. Death to that ump

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeller83
    I was only 7 at the time. But I still remember, I got into it when I was 4 or 5 yr old. My dad introduced me to the Mets and Jets like they were family... Even though I was so young, my dad still reminds me of how bad that hurt... By the way, that game gooden gave up the HR. I dont blame Davey Johnson.. That umpire called a ball on what was clearly strike 3, before the next pitch was hit out. Death to that ump

Actually. No I was 5 almost 6.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which goes to show you how difficult it can be winning the big one. Big names, big salaries, etc., don't guarantee a trophy. Great pitching and timely hitting will win it all the time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the '88 series hurt more mostly due to the core getting older and we knew our time as king of the hill was coming to an end.

The core of this team is young, we have a handful of young pitchers hopefully ready to step up, we have a spending GM who can keep replenishing the faulty parts.

That being said the '06 game 7 was tied going into the 9th and the winning run on base in the bottom of the 9th.
    The '88 game 7 was a Dodger blow out over by the 3rd or 4th inning.