Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: By Kevin Tillman - Brother and Friend of Pat Tillman

By Kevin Tillman - Brother and Friend of Pat Tillman

Somehow we were sent to invade a nation because it was a direct threat to the American people, or to the world, or harbored terrorists, or was involved in the September 11 attacks, or received weapons-grade uranium from Niger, or had mobile weapons labs, or WMD, or had a need to be liberated, or we needed to establish a democracy, or stop an insurgency, or stop a civil war we created that can’t be called a civil war even though it is. Something like that.

[url]http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/200601019_after_pats_birthday/[/url]

Maybe Kevin should have listened to Pat's own words...[B]It gets me thinking about a conversation I had with Pat before we joined the military. He spoke about the risks with signing the papers. How once we committed, we were at the mercy of the American leadership and the American people. How we could be thrown in a direction not of our volition. How fighting as a soldier would leave us without a voice… until we get out. [/B]

Welcome to the world of the military Kevin....one of the first things they tell you in basic training is that "we" are now your family.

I wonder if the Tillman's would still be on the attack if we won this damn thing...I doubt it. They see that 9 million dollar contract left on the table and their son (Pat) a casualty of friendly fire.

The Charlie Cotton's of the world you will never hear about...the Vietnam Memorial is full of them...so are a lot of names from all wars...they just didn't walk away with 9 million on the table. So, who is Charlie Cotton? He was a buddy of mine...KIA by friendly fire on 19 June 1968.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Somehow we were sent to invade a nation because it was a direct threat to the American people, or to the world, or harbored terrorists, or was involved in the September 11 attacks, or received weapons-grade uranium from Niger, or had mobile weapons labs, or WMD, or had a need to be liberated, or we needed to establish a democracy, or stop an insurgency, or stop a civil war we created that can’t be called a civil war even though it is. Something like that.

[url]http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/200601019_after_pats_birthday/[/url][/QUOTE]

Classic...half your statement is complete leftist garbage and the other half was a common belief in the international community prior to 9-11....

"Somehow, the same incompetent, narcissistic, virtueless, vacuous, malicious criminals are still in charge of this country. Somehow, this is tolerated. Somehow, nobody is accountable for this."

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2633793[/url]

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti][SIZE=5][B]"Somehow, the same incompetent, narcissistic, virtueless, vacuous, malicious criminals are still in charge of this country. Somehow, this is tolerated. Somehow, nobody is accountable for this."[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Kinda sums it all up now doesn't it. I guess we can count on CBNY to blast Kevin Tillman as a Flaming Leftist. It's a shame it took his brother's death to bring him to a state of mind where he seriously questions the motives and ethics of the government he lives under.

So much for Sunshine Patriotism

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=WestCoastMole]Kinda sums it all up now doesn't it. I guess we can count on CBNY to blast Kevin Tillman as a Flaming Leftist. It's a shame it took his brother's death to bring him to a state of mind where he seriously questions the motives and ethics of the government he lives under.

So much for Sunshine Patriotism[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I am wrong, but we DO still live in a Democracy, right (conspiracy theorists need not reply)?

What, exactly, is Mr. Tillman suggesting? Revolt? Rebellion? Coup? What?

[QUOTE]"Somehow, the same incompetent, narcissistic, virtueless, vacuous, malicious criminals are still in charge of this country. Somehow, this is tolerated. Somehow, nobody is accountable for this."[/QUOTE]

Somehow? Somehow is called an election, one in which Bush won, the Democrats lost. What, exactly, is being "tolerated" here? Democracy not good enough any more, if you disagree, screw voting, lets revolt? Again, what is he trying to say here, that we should revolt?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=WestCoastMole]Kinda sums it all up now doesn't it. I guess we can count on CBNY to blast Kevin Tillman as a Flaming Leftist. It's a shame it took his brother's death to bring him to a state of mind where he seriously questions the motives and ethics of the government he lives under.

So much for Sunshine Patriotism[/QUOTE]

his brother was KIA in Afgahnistan dipsh!t.......and based on your past posts celebrating the deaths of American GI's I'm sure you were heartbroken over it...

He's entitled to his opinion on the war in Iraq but as much as leftists and/or anarchists (like yourself) want to make the tie in between the death of Pat Tillman and the war in Iraq there's nothing there....

shouldn't you be jackin off to your picture of of psycho-Ward Churchill???
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 10-21-2006 at 11:36 PM.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY]Ward Churchill???[/QUOTE]
    There was a guy on here (Mole?) who even admired the cut of Churchill's physique. Not one of this board's prouder moments.

[QUOTE=JetFanFL]Maybe Kevin should have listened to Pat's own words...[B]It gets me thinking about a conversation I had with Pat before we joined the military. He spoke about the risks with signing the papers. How once we committed, we were at the mercy of the American leadership and the American people. How we could be thrown in a direction not of our volition. How fighting as a soldier would leave us without a voice… until we get out. [/B]

Welcome to the world of the military Kevin....one of the first things they tell you in basic training is that "we" are now your family.

I wonder if the Tillman's would still be on the attack if we won this damn thing...I doubt it. They see that 9 million dollar contract left on the table and their son (Pat) a casualty of friendly fire.

The Charlie Cotton's of the world you will never hear about...the Vietnam Memorial is full of them...so are a lot of names from all wars...they just didn't walk away with 9 million on the table. So, who is Charlie Cotton? He was a buddy of mine...KIA by friendly fire on 19 June 1968.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://thewall-usa.com/info.asp?recid=10645[/url]

[url]http://rattler-firebird.org/vietnam/remembered/CharlesMichaelCotton.html[/url]

[QUOTE=Winstonbiggs][url]http://thewall-usa.com/info.asp?recid=10645[/url]

[url]http://rattler-firebird.org/vietnam/remembered/CharlesMichaelCotton.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks for putting it out there...notice it states he was KIA...hostile. He wasn't. Charlie had about 9 days left in country and volunteered to fly his chopper even though he was taken off flight status.

One round had been fired through the chin bubble striking Charlie in the head...it was an M-16 round....a round used by friendly troops.

Is the military wrong for classifying friendly fire as hostile...you're damn right! But, you're not going to change it. It's been going on since the beginning of time.
    Last edited by NIGHT STALKER; 10-22-2006 at 09:52 AM.

All Pro
    It's funny how when the Swift Boaters (decorated war heroes) come out and expose the frenchman for the BS artist he truly is, all you supposed leftist patriots, try your best to kick them guys to the curb.

If you lefties want to start quoting war heroes -- which you do when you find someone to back up your pathetic argument -- here are a few more:
    [url="http://vetsforfreedom.org/"]http://vetsforfreedom.org/[/url]

You guys don't want to fight this battle. You lose everytime you try it.

[IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m73/spiritofweeb/Politics/binladen.gif[/IMG]

Banned
    This person had the best response, I wonder who on this board fits into the "Stockholders" category, I could probably guess a few(two people who responded to this topic come to mind):

Comment #29986 by Robin Baneth on 10/20 at 8:03 am

We are not looking at the big picture. Exxon profits are at all time high and now they have the world’s best army to keep it up. Stockholders golf, have sex, buy cars, travel to Hawaii, while patriot-suckers send their kids into a glorious battle of good and evil, one that Jesus would fight in. Just like on video games, giving meaning to those who want to be valuable members of society but have no skills other than killing po’ people for rich ho’s. I tell my kids that we will suit up for battle when we see the whites of the enemies’ eyes coming over the hills. I’ll be right behind the BUsh twins. Get ready for the terrorist invasion, just turn on the TV. Hopefully, it will be on basic cable. Pat had the right intentions, Pat was a hero, his legacy will be honored in truth by those who understand that soldiers give the benefit of the doubt to our leaders until there indisputable proof that those leaders are chickenhawk war-profiteers. We have that proof after it was too late for Pat and Kevin’s family. But like true hero’s Kevin is trying to save other families even if it means he might be perceived as weak on defense. His comments are pure strength compared to sending other kids into battle which is the Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld legacy. Black Sabbath’s War-Pigs sums this up. Corporate America is about to take a big hit day after Pat’s bday. Keep an eye on these voting machines and get ready to protest when the exit polling does not match the results. Keep a video camera on Rove on election day and audit the machines for viruses on election day. Who threatens America when we could launch nuclear missles? There is profit in stretching out this war. Stockholders of Exxon are the true insurgents. Did you know Exon DOES control the price on the pump no matter what spin they feed you? Bush does not control the gas prices but the CEO of Exxon does. And whose side do you think Exxon is on? The corporate puppet that will now be considered the worst leader in world history or a stranger who may brush off the Tiger’s tentacles of greed? Pay attention to the war on 11/7. Support our troops. Support American ideals. The ones we used to have.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Renaissance10]This person had the best response, I wonder who on this board fits into the "Stockholders" category, I could probably guess a few(two people who responded to this topic come to mind):
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah, I own stocks and so do you -- if you have a job, that is. It's called a retirement plan.

Exxon employs tens of thousands of taxpayers. Exxon executives are multi-millionaires along with george soros, sumner redstone, ted turner, warren buffett, mrs. john kerry and other left leaning wackos.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]Yeah, I own stocks and so do you -- if you have a job, that is. It's called a retirement plan.

Exxon employs tens of thousands of taxpayers. Exxon executives are multi-millionaires along with george soros, sumner redstone, ted turner, warren buffett, mrs. john kerry and other left leaning wackos.[/QUOTE]

when the rats are in the WH profits are considered capitalism...when a Republican is president profits now become corruption....

at least he died in afghanistan..for a reason..Not an unjustifed useless death like all those poor souls in Iraq.

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]It's funny how when the Swift Boaters (decorated war heroes) come out and expose the frenchman for the BS artist he truly is, all you supposed leftist patriots, try your best to kick them guys to the curb.

If you lefties want to start quoting war heroes -- which you do when you find someone to back up your pathetic argument -- here are a few more:

[IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m73/spiritofweeb/Politics/binladen.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

HAHAAA!!!!
    You swift boat MORONS!
    \Fukin liars..

Larry Thurlow, the Swift Boat Vet who claims that Kerry was not under enemy fire when he earned his Bronze Star, himself earned a Bronze Star for actions under enemy fire in the same incident. Louis Letson, who claims to have treated the wound that earned Kerry his first Purple Heart, is not the medic listed in medical records as having treated Kerry. John O'Neill, the leader of the group, has said that Kerry would have been "court-martialed" had he crossed the border into Cambodia-- but O'Neill is on tape telling President Richard Nixon that he himself had been in Cambodia. Several members of the group are on the record praising Kerry's leadership. And so on.

POWs LAWSUIT COULD FORCE KERRY TO COME
    CLEAN ON VIETNAM ‘WAR CRIMES’ CHARGES

When John Kerry slandered an entire generation of men who fought in Vietnam he branded them as "war criminals." Today, much of the same thing is being said about our young men and women in Iraq.

Now, a lawsuit filed in Philadelphia’s Court of Common Pleas will test the very foundation of Kerry’s anti-war persona for the first time. It isn’t dubious medals or Kerry’s disputed service record in Vietnam that is being called into question. This time Kerry may finally be forced to answer for the events that launched his public career, one that made him an anti-war hero for many American liberals and a turncoat for millions of Vietnam veterans.

The lawsuit (Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation, et al. v. Kenneth Campbell, et al.) challenges the basis, the factual accuracy of then Lt. (j.g.) Kerry’s acrimonious testimony before the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1971. It was there Kerry’s public career was catapulted with his now ubiquitous portrayal of American soldiers as murderers, rapists and torturers "who ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam . . . [and] razed villages in a fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan."

For the anti-war, anti-American protesters, the American soldiers are the "terrorists," and the enemies are the victims of a barbaric U.S. military which tortures and murders defenseless civilians.

That false premise, one of the most vicious and enduring smears spawned by Kerry 35 years ago, will also be put to the test once Kerry’s true "Band of Brothers" are put under oath in a Philadelphia courtroom.

The background to this lawsuit is long and complex, but even a condensed version is rich in irony and poetic justice.

It had it roots in 2004 with the documentary Stolen Honor: Wounds that Never Heal. Many may recall the film, although it is probably best known for not being seen, suppressed after Sinclair Broadcasting Company courageously announced it was going to air the documentary in its entirety. Thanks to Kerry and his liberal colleagues in the Senate and their enablers in the mainstream media, Sinclair was browbeaten into withdrawing the film, its broadcast license threatened by a Kerry campaign manager in 2004. The film’s producer, Carlton Sherwood, a Pulitzer Prize and Peabody Award-winning investigative reporter, interviewed former POWs for the documentary.

I was among those whom Sherwood, a decorated Marine combat veteran himself, asked to participate in Stolen Honor. I was a POW for nearly six years, held in North Vietnam prison camps, including the notorious Hanoi Hilton, a place of unimaginable horrors — torture, beatings, starvation and mind-numbing isolation. When Kerry branded us "war criminals," he handed our captors all the justification they needed to carry out their threats to execute us. Thanks to Kerry, Jane Fonda and their comrades in the anti-war movement, our captivity was prolonged by years. The communists in Hanoi and Moscow couldn’t have had a better press agent to spread their anti-American propaganda.

To guarantee Stolen Honor would never be seen by anyone — not even theatre-goers — the producer was slapped with a libel and defamation lawsuit.

That lawsuit was filed by a long-time anti-war disciple of the Massachusetts Senator. He was one of Kerry's key war crimes "witnesses," one of several on whom Kerry claims he based his Senate testimony.

The lawsuit put a unique spin on the definition of defamation, claiming that Stolen Honor had damaged the public reputations of himself, Kerry and others by simply quoting their own words and criticisms of America during the Vietnam war!

The POWs and the wives of POWs who participated in Stolen Honor refused to abandon the facts conveyed in the film. For some of us, it was the first time since our release by the Communists in 1973 that we were able to have our voices publicly heard, to tell our stories about the consequences of Kerry’s treachery. In 2005, we formed a nonprofit organization, the Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation (VVLF), to gather records, documents and other materials to form a fact-based, educational repository for students and scholars of Vietnam history and to tell the true story of the American soldiers in Vietnam. The VVLF’s mission is "to set the record straight, factually, about Vietnam and those who fought there."

For our efforts, we were promptly sued by two long-time anti-war Kerry followers and VVAW members. It was clear that Kerry not only wanted to punish us for Stolen Honor; he intended to use surrogates to sue us into permanent silence and financial ruin.

Forced to spend huge sums to defend ourselves from these frivolous lawsuits, we have filed a countersuit against these Kerry surrogates and intend to reveal the truth about the lawsuits and their sponsors. We believe that we can prove that the purpose of nearly two years of litigation was to protect John Kerry, to drain us financially and spiritually, and to prevent us from setting the record straight.

At stake is ultimately nothing less than the integrity of the American military in Vietnam, the honor of the men who served their country, the nobility of those who gave their lives, and the truth of America’s history in Vietnam. Until or unless we do correct the existing record, the American military may never be free of the myths and smears of Vietnam, its honor and integrity cleansed as it fights to defend freedom at home and around the world.

Our mission is hardly over. We hope you will join us in fighting this battle . . . for our soldiers, then and now. For more information about Vietnam, the foregoing litigation, or to make a donation, please access the VVLF website now —

Col. George E. "Bud" Day
    Director and President,
    Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation

Col. George E. "Bud" Day, USAF (Ret.,) was a POW in North Vietnam for five years, seven months and 13 days. He served in three wars (WWII, Korea, and Vietnam) and earned the Medal of Honor. He is the Air Force’s most decorated living veteran. He is the Director and President of the Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation, Inc., an organization created to better educate and inform the public about the Vietnam War, its events, its history, and the men and women who sacrificed to serve their country.

In your eyes you can only be a war hero if you agree with the present policies or lack there of? You wouldn't know how to fight a battle if you life depended on it. You can't even write a post without the words leftists, defeatocrats and liberal. Are the Republicans now cut and runners? They do not want any part of Iraq anymore either. Baker is saying we are in over our heads and it isn't going to get any better. But, hey what do you care the Dow is doing well and you love Bush.

How would you feel if one of your loved ones was killed and then the gov't lied about it first? Would you be so forgiving? Stay the course, stay the course.

[QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]It's funny how when the Swift Boaters (decorated war heroes) come out and expose the frenchman for the BS artist he truly is, all you supposed leftist patriots, try your best to kick them guys to the curb.

[IMG]http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m73/spiritofweeb/Politics/binladen.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Banned
    [QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]Yeah, I own stocks and so do you -- if you have a job, that is. It's called a retirement plan.

Exxon employs tens of thousands of taxpayers. Exxon executives are multi-millionaires along with george soros, sumner redstone, ted turner, warren buffett, mrs. john kerry and other left leaning wackos.[/QUOTE]

I dont own stocks in anything,, and if you told me I could make a million bux in the next year buying stock in Exxon I would tell you to go f--k yourself,, I would rather sleep at nite then know I am part of this corrupt disgusting problem...

And it figures the 2 people who I had in my mind are the ones who get so defensive,, it must suck knowing thousands of people died so your stocks can go up,,, it must really suck living with that...

And I dont think there is much blood shed or wars being created over ketchup or people watching Braves games on TBS

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

good call exposing another bullsh!t lib...

[QUOTE=doggin94it][B]The Return of Jetsin2004: He's Renaissance10.[/B] Check the post patterns, the views, and the fact that he named himself after a neonazi magazine.

Just a word of warning to anyone who might consider taking him seriously[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127547[/url]