Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can we please stop with the 10-6 talk?

Can we please stop with the 10-6 talk?

The Jets offense is much improved with Chad at the helm but our defense is atrocious and can't stop anyone. We take poor rated QB's and make them look like probowlers. When we come back off the bye this team is due to be humbled by NE.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    The Jets offense is much improved with Chad at the helm but our defense is atrocious and can't stop anyone. We take poor rated QB's and make them look like probowlers. When we come back off the bye this team is due to be humbled by NE.
    How did Kitna look like a Probowler? I agree the Defense needs to step up, but Kitna looked just as he was..nothing special.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... maybe so ... but i will predict 5-3 ... and revel in this victory today ... a game that we should have won ... and a game that many times in years past we would have let slip away ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    rmeyer is nothing but a troll. Check his most recent 50-100 posts. He posts very little, if anything positive and only tries to focus on negatives.

He's a troll and not even an entertaining one at that. Get a new shtick' herb.

HTH.

our run defence was great today, very much improved.

All League
    Man....if you want to feel that way, go ahead. I'm gonna be optimistic.

You get the award:

And why? Look I don't think anyone is saying it's definitly going to happen, but there is a good chance. You're going to tell me that we dont have a chance to win against clevland, houstan, green bay, buffalo, miami, and oakland? Sure our defense might look weak but those teams have a lot more problems then us. Especially if Leon keeps running the ball the way he did today.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10
    rmeyer is nothing but a troll. Check his most recent 50-100 posts. He posts very little, if anything positive and only tries to focus on negatives.

HTH.
    I hate these kind of posters man-so many cats around here were so negative before the season started and there were a few of us who said that anything is possible in NFL football-I said 9-7 and now who knows maybe even 10-6 with our schedule

Jets Insider VIP
    Uhm, have you seen the Jets remaining schedule?

Cleveland, Houston, Green Bay, Buffalo, Dolphins and Oakland.

Plus, there are the "tough games" of New England, Chicago and Minnesota.

Even with the Jets issues on defense, just by this aforementioned schedule ALONE the Jets have a shot at 10-6. You do not have to be a homer to see that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No. I'm EXPECTING 10-6, hoping for better.

Nice. I love coming on to the board after a win, the team is 4-3 and we have some jacka$$ bringing the negativity. Why not talk about 10-6? We are winning and competing in every game other then Jax. I think 10-6 is realistic and we should be talking about it as if it is achievable.

Hall Of Fame
    All I know is I said the Jets will go 10-6 before the season started and I am 7 for 7 in the games so far. Now, to be fair, this team isn't anything like what I envisioned (Had no idea Chad and the passing attack would be this good or that the defense would be this bad). This is no time to get scared.

All Pro
    We would have to go 6-3 the remainder of our schedule and we are through the hardest part. I believe we will go 10-6.

All League
    10 and 6 is within reach.........keep the faith.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by dmaynard
    All I know is I said the Jets will go 10-6 before the season started and I am 7 for 7 in the games so far.
    You need to get a bet down on next weeks game with that record.

Veteran
    Potentially 11-5 if we beat Minn and an unbelievable 12-4 if we win in Foxboro. Is about time we did - if we can get off to a fast start like today, I'd think the Jets could win in Foxboro.

Having said that, will happily take 10-6.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by dmaynard
    All I know is I said the Jets will go 10-6 before the season started and I am 7 for 7 in the games so far. Now, to be fair, this team isn't anything like what I envisioned (Had no idea Chad and the passing attack would be this good or that the defense would be this bad). This is no time to get scared.
    I agree DM..I had 8-8 at worst with a possible 10-6!!

Hes right fellas..

The defense has to improve..

We won't continue to beat NFL teams with defensive performances like these..

Hall Of Fame

we will be 10-6

Quote Originally Posted by ICWT10

HTH.
    Troll?

I have been a Jet fan since the best part of you stained your parents sheets.

I am sick of mediacrotity.

A good team does not allow a bad team to score 24 points
    A good team learns to put bad teams away early
    A good team has a defense that gets better not worse
    A good team beats good teams in addition to teams with losing records

As long as Jet fans are willing to settle for mediacroty this team will not get better and not be able to get to the promised land