Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Bellachik right about Mangini?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Was Bellachik right about Mangini?

I don't understand why our defense can't show some signs of improvement. At times in todays games Kitna has time to have a BBQ in the backfield. Brady is going to pick this team apart with that much time. I know we are hurting for quality players on the D but at least show SOME improvement ha?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52
    I don't understand why our defense can't show some signs of improvement. At times in todays games Kitna has time to have a BBQ in the backfield. Brady is going to pick this team apart with that much time. I know we are hurting for quality players on the D but at least show SOME improvement ha?
    What did BB say that would make him right about Mangini?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    its hard to get on mangini too much when journeyman tackle barry stokes preety much shut down very highly paid, former pro-bowl DE shaun ellis while there are some leaks on defense, on the whole mangini is doing an excellent job. i dont even see how you can see differently

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    you know, if you want to make a really funny mockery of Belli's name, just call him "Bail on a chick"...

makes me laugh at least...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    huh?? are you referring to gossip that BB thought Mangini wasn't head coach material?

if so, you are thinking he's right??? we are 4-3 after going 4-12 last year... he inherited a defense that doesn't have any studs on the line... this team is still a work in progress... couldn't address all our deficiencies in one draft...

I for one think Mangini was a great hire...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay your dog photo is sick, truly I feel disgusted for you. I come to this board cause ya'll are usually a pretty funny bunch, but how you can post that is beyond me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some people will tell you that we don't have a pass rush because we share a stadium.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tomjets
    huh?? are you referring to gossip that BB thought Mangini wasn't head coach material?

if so, you are thinking he's right??? we are 4-3 after going 4-12 last year... he inherited a defense that doesn't have any studs on the line... this team is still a work in progress... couldn't address all our deficiencies in one draft...

I for one think Mangini was a great hire...

These people are idiots. This franchise is finally headed back to contention and perhaps beyond for the first time since 1998.

I too like the Mangini hire.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Firstly, it's new coaching, new scheme... that together with lack of talent, and you have what you're seeing. The coaches are still evaluating the players, too.

That said, I saw lots of improvement today on D.
    The key is consistency, and that will come in time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are winning and we are not even that good. If that is not the mark of good coaching I dont' know what is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am beginning to think that the coaching staff does not have much confidence in the secondary and thus the lack of blitzes and soft zones. I do think the defence is very vanilla and predictable. The idea behind a 3-4 is to blitz various backers from different angles and be unpredictable. The Jets when they do blitz move up to the line awful early and in essence make it an easy to pick up 4 man rush. Our backers really suck at blitzing for the most part as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets don't have a pass rush and dont have the personnel yet for a true 3-4 defense...They need a pass rushing OLB

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tomjets
    I think he is referring to last season, and a story where the players went to BB to convince him to get more aggressive in the defensive scheme. Depending on which version I hear, BB then took over the playcalling or the gameplanning. Mangini was being conservative, trying to protect a decimated secondary.

I don't think the secondary is the issue in this case, is it?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you just call Belichick a pretty woman?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Defense held a good runningback to 86 yards..

1 score in the first half

Roy Williams to 26 yards

2 Interceptions

They don't play poorly until a team is forced to pass on every down ..
    It's unfair to say we're not improving, we're not getting pressure maybe, and they're getting catchup scores late in the game. I don't have a huge problem with the 4th quarter today, while we let them back in the game we also weren't allowing big plays, the drives were 11 and 12 plays to get their scores and we had comfortable leads. We don't have a top 10 defense, that's obvious but they're keeping us in the game early with turnovers and big plays.

We did collapse the pocket on kitna a bunch of times today with light rushes.. This game wasn't as close as the score shows.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy1999
    Okay your dog photo is sick, truly I feel disgusted for you. I come to this board cause ya'll are usually a pretty funny bunch, but how you can post that is beyond me.
    Good thing you chimed in, because there were a lot of people here waiting for skippy1999's official opinion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every game we seem to come up with a few INTs. Kerry Rhodes makes big plays every game. Not all is bad on defense. The second half will be better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nationalist88
    Good thing you chimed in, because there were a lot of people here waiting for skippy1999's official opinion.

Yes. The wait is over.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nationalist88
    Add me to the list because I agree with him. Why not take a pic of a toy dog with a jat crashing it to it???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by deadringer
    you know, if you want to make a really funny mockery of Belli's name, just call him "Bail on a chick"...

makes me laugh at least...
    Does it?