Thread: Just Imagine

Just Imagine

The take the press would have today on Iwo Jima. Roosevelt and Truman would have caught hell. The US lost more men on that Island in 35 Days then we lost in Iraq in 2 plus years. No wonder we are considered gutless in the Middle East!

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=MnJetFan]The take the press would have today on Iwo Jima. Roosevelt and Truman would have caught hell. The US lost more men on that Island in 35 Days then we lost in Iraq in 2 plus years. No wonder we are considered gutless in the Middle East![/QUOTE]
    That is exactly what goes through my mind when I see the trailer for that new movie.

Same thing with the D-Day Invasion. I can just see the CNN footage of dead Americans strewn all over the beaches in France.

[QUOTE=MnJetFan]The take the press would have today on Iwo Jima. Roosevelt and Truman would have caught hell. The US lost more men on that Island in 35 Days then we lost in Iraq in 2 plus years. No wonder we are considered gutless in the Middle East![/QUOTE]

Yup! If the media back then was like the traitors they are today, we'd all be speaking German and world would be mostly Caucasian!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive]That is exactly what goes through my mind when I see the trailer for that new movie.[/QUOTE]

And FDR's policy of [B]"[SIZE=5]ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Be afraid! Fear everything[/SIZE]!!!!!!!![/B]