Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Left & Liberal Future....

The Left & Liberal Future....

According to Liberal Radio:

--Democrats win in a sweeping seachange in the forthcoming election, winning majorities in both the House and Senate.

--Democrats impeach President George Bush. Attempt to impeach VP Cheney as well, Speaker Pelosi to become President if both are successful.

--Democrats Win the Presadency in 2008.

Odds they are right? Reasons they could be right? What will the US be like if they are right?

Discuss.

[QUOTE=Warfish]According to Liberal Radio:

--Democrats win in a sweeping seachange in the forthcoming election, winning majorities in both the House and Senate.

--Democrats impeach President George Bush. Attempt to impeach VP Cheney as well, Speaker Pelosi to become President if both are successful.

--Democrats Win the Presadency in 2008.

Odds they are right? Reasons they could be right? What will the US be like if they are right?

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

thank God Bush and Cheney couldn't be impeached. If Speaker Pelosi became President Pelosi, U.S. Citizen Pauliec would become Ex-pat in Canada Pauliec

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

was this from Randi Rodent???

I ask as she was predicting jean "D-student" kerri would win in a landslide about this time four years ago....

IF the 'rats win....

[QUOTE=Warfish] What will the US be like if they are right?

Discuss.[/QUOTE]

1. Higher taxes which leads to economic downturn, maybe even recession
    2. Higher deficit
    3. Saddam back in power
    4. Minimum wage goes up, so most wages also go up sending more jobs overseas.
    5. It will be easier for women to kill their babies.
    6. Any church that opposes abortion or gay rights will lose their tax-deductible status.

That a start--

I don't know where these guys got this from but I saw Pelosi on 60 minutes last night and they asked her directly to make a pledge that should would not seek impeachment and she did make that pledge. She said that impeachment is a distraction and a waste of time.

That whole scenario is absurd because even if the Democrats won the Senate you need a 2/3rds vote for conviction and that would be impossible, just like it was impossible when the Republicans tried to impeach Clinton. Of course that didn't stop them.

I think that Republicans are using this line as a scare tactic to make voters fear another impeachment mess. Is quite disgusting if you ask me.

Talk about going to hell in a hand basket...I'll be one of millions taking up residence in one the northern European countries.

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]I don't know where these guys got this from but I saw Pelosi on 60 minutes last night and they asked her directly to make a pledge that should would not seek impeachment and she did make that pledge. She said that impeachment is a distraction and a waste of time.

That whole scenario is absurd because even if the Democrats won the Senate you need a 2/3rds vote for conviction and that would be impossible, just like it was impossible when the Republicans tried to impeach Clinton. Of course that didn't stop them.

I think that Republicans are using this line as a scare tactic to make voters fear another impeachment mess. Is quite disgusting if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

And you believe Pelosi? please........

I can definitely see the libs playing to their base, and we all know that the libs will do whatever it takes to stay in or gain power (Clinton and the numerous other Dems who would not do the honorable thing and resign.) Bush has done nothing of any of this sort to be impeached - except not wage an effective strategy in Iraq. Of course that is not impeachable.

But it will never happen as it requires a two - thirds vote to unseat an impeached president. The Dems want blood for Clinton's impeachment. Below is the procedure:

The House Judiciary Committee deliberates over whether to initiate an impeachment inquiry.

The Judiciary Committee adopts a resolution seeking authority from the entire House of Representatives to conduct an inquiry. Before voting, the House debates and considers the resolution. Approval requires a majority vote.

The Judiciary Committee conducts an impeachment inquiry, possibly through public hearings. At the conclusion of the inquiry, articles of impeachment are prepared. They must be approved by a majority of the Committee.

The House of Representatives considers and debates the articles of impeachment. A majority vote of the entire House is required to pass each article. Once an article is approved, the President is, technically speaking, "impeached" -- that is subject to trial in the Senate.

The Senate holds trial on the articles of impeachment approved by the House. The Senate sits as a jury while the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court presides over the trial.

At the conclusion of the trial, the Senate votes on whether to remove the President from office. A two-thirds vote by the Members present in the Senate is required for removal.

If the President is removed, the Vice-President assumes the Presidency under the chain of succession established by Amendment XXV.

Well why shouldn't you believe her? What evidence do you have to call her a liar? Why do you believe those that say that's what she wants to do? She went on a highly rated show on national TV and gave a pledge. If you say with no evidence that you don't believe her then that is your bias but to me is not worth much.

Also what exactly did your impeachment protocol show? You still can't deny that it will be impossible to get 2/3 of the Senate to convict so the President would never be removed from office.

You are completely falling for the Republican scare tactics.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=asuusa]1. Higher taxes which leads to economic downturn, maybe even recession
    2. Higher deficit
    3. Saddam back in power
    4. Minimum wage goes up, so most wages also go up sending more jobs overseas.
    5. It will be easier for women to kill their babies.
    6. Any church that opposes abortion or gay rights will lose their tax-deductible status.

That a start--[/QUOTE]

7. Bin Laden hosts the Emmys
    8. Squads of gay men will break into middle American homes and force our young adolescent boys to compare penis size and girth with an erect Mark Foley.
    9. Religion will be banned and several Christmas light factories will file chapter 11
    10. Minimum wage goes up, giving poorer people more money. They will in turn, spend that money at their local Wal-Mart which will also force them to file chapter 11
    11. Football stadiums in NYC will be threatened by 20 year olds from Wisconsin on a weekly basis
    12. Tax cuts for the rich will be rolled back which will lead to a slow down in the ordering of leather trim packages for SUV's
    13. Saddam back in power. No more footage for political campaign commercials.
    14. No more abstinence programs for our horny teenagers laugh at.

Plumber, you're a genius.

[QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]I don't know where these guys got this from but I saw Pelosi on 60 minutes last night and they asked her directly to make a pledge that should would not seek impeachment and she did make that pledge. She said that impeachment is a distraction and a waste of time.

I think that Republicans are using this line as a scare tactic to make voters fear another impeachment mess. Is quite disgusting if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I too heard the Pelosi comment (impeachment off the table). All I can say is the shows I listened to today were blasting her for that, saying it shouldn;t be off the table, isn't off the table, was a ruse, a ploy, that Bush WILL be impeached upon the Dems victory, period.

And the "President Pelosi" thing is being touted on BOTH left and right radio, obviosuly for different reasons. So if one disgusts you, they both should, right?

[QUOTE=Warfish]I too heard the Pelosi comment (impeachment off the table). All I can say is the shows I listened to today were blasting her for that, saying it shouldn;t be off the table, isn't off the table, was a ruse, a ploy, that Bush WILL be impeached upon the Dems victory, period.

And the "President Pelosi" thing is being touted on BOTH left and right radio, obviosuly for different reasons. So if one disgusts you, they both should, right?[/QUOTE]
    Well I don't know who the left radio is that is promoting that (I don't listen to it) but yes that does disgust me. It would be a disaster for our country and Pelosi is absolutely right. It would be a distraction and a waste of time.

The Republicans seem to be running a campaign of fear. Fear of terrorism that if the Democrats seized control we would be attacked again (Remember Cheney once alluded to that), and now fear of Pelosi. This to me is why Republicans are going to lose. They can't run on their record so their only hope is to scare the American people about the opposition. I think we had enought of this act and it's not going to work.

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Well why shouldn't you believe her? What evidence do you have to call her a liar? Why do you believe those that say that's what she wants to do? She went on a highly rated show on national TV and gave a pledge. If you say with no evidence that you don't believe her then that is your bias but to me is not worth much.

Also what exactly did your impeachment protocol show? You still can't deny that it will be impossible to get 2/3 of the Senate to convict so the President would never be removed from office.

You are completely falling for the Republican scare tactics.[/QUOTE]

sure-just like the NYT & WaPo pledged to not divulge secret programs
    and Lil Kim Jung Il pledged not to enrich uranium

the ever-patriotic conyers and rangel will be leading the charge-theres no guarantee stretcho will even be speakeress even if dems have a
    majority so her word means less than zero

libs will believe anything, especially the old hippies

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]7. Bin Laden hosts the Emmys
    8. Squads of gay men will break into middle American homes and force our young adolescent boys to compare penis size and girth with an erect Mark Foley.
    9. Religion will be banned and several Christmas light factories will file chapter 11
    10. Minimum wage goes up, giving poorer people more money. They will in turn, spend that money at their local Wal-Mart which will also force them to file chapter 11
    11. Football stadiums in NYC will be threatened by 20 year olds from Wisconsin on a weekly basis
    12. Tax cuts for the rich will be rolled back which will lead to a slow down in the ordering of leather trim packages for SUV's
    13. Saddam back in power. No more footage for political campaign commercials.
    14. No more abstinence programs for our horny teenagers laugh at.[/QUOTE]

If I could will that post into toilet paper, it still wouldnt be good enough to
    use on my butt.
    Leave your fantasies out of this
    Next time include some thoughtful comments

flushingjet
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Well I don't know who the left radio is that is promoting that (I don't listen to it) but yes that does disgust me. It would be a disaster for our country and Pelosi is absolutely right. It would be a distraction and a waste of time.

The Republicans seem to be running a campaign of fear. Fear of terrorism that if the Democrats seized control we would be attacked again (Remember Cheney once alluded to that), and now fear of Pelosi. This to me is why Republicans are going to lose. They can't run on their record so their only hope is to scare the American people about the opposition. I think we had enought of this act and it's not going to work.[/QUOTE]

so terrorism isn't a threat then?
    and Democrats are doing exactly what to prevent it?
    Promoting the non-separation of mosque and state?

so the assassinate/impeach Bush/"the Diebold fix is in" drumbeat isnt endorsed
    by the DNC? ----get real

GOP cant run on the record-?
    booming economy, stock market highs, low unemployment, increased housing
    valuation, no domestic terror after 9/11
    yeah thats the Great Depression Part Deux alright

lets see how many brave libertarians and independents vote for
    Democrat pickpockets on principle

the MSM cant manipsinate the public anymore into believing
    down is up-its too smart / educated.
    So polls top-heavy with lib responses, month long CNN special reports etc
    mean zippo
    Dont worry if libs somehow take over and something catastrophic
    happens, you can always blame W for it
    Last edited by flushingjet; 10-24-2006 at 01:30 AM.

A Republican President, a divided SC leaning to the right and a slight leftward tilt to Congress would reduce the deficit, reduce gerrymandering of districts and the automatic reelection of incumbents, reduce corruption by creating oversight and generally be good for the country, democracy and the political debate.

[QUOTE=flushingjet]
    Dont worry if libs somehow take over and something catastrophic
    happens, you can always blame W for it[/QUOTE]

and you can blame clinton

[QUOTE=JetFanFL]Talk about going to hell in a hand basket...I'll be one of millions taking up residence in one the northern European countries.[/QUOTE]

So youll be going to a country even more to the Left than what a Democratic USA would be? You do realise that in those Northern European Countries they 1. Have extraordinarily High Taxes. 2. Practice Socialized Medicine 3. Are against the War in Iraq 4. Are socially liberally. ....right?

[QUOTE=kennyo7]So youll be going to a country even more to the Left than what a Democratic USA would be? You do realise that in those Northern European Countries they 1. Have extraordinarily High Taxes. 2. Practice Socialized Medicine 3. Are against the War in Iraq 4. Are socially liberally. ....right?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call it left...they just go about doing their thing which is "don't get involved in world affairs".

I'm tired of living in a country where it seems the same families do all the fighting and the libs who just love their freedom find ways of avoiding the military. "Let the other guy do it...I'll just stay in the comforts of my home and protest".

Plus, their women are hot.

[QUOTE=JetFanFL]
    I'm tired of living in a country where it seems the same families do all the fighting and the libs who just love their freedom find ways of avoiding the military. "Let the other guy do it...I'll just stay in the comforts of my home and protest".
    [/QUOTE]

sorry to burst your bubble but the sons of rich conservatives don't enlist either

military is more about poverty level not politics