Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: guys I think the Yankee hating era is over for me :(

guys I think the Yankee hating era is over for me :(

After this year, the Mets have made it further than the Yankees. Despite not winning 26 championships, we have a very strong team that will most likely succeed in the next year, and do more than the Yankees will. This year already succeeded in bringing New York back to being a National League town, and I dont think the Mets are gonna have any problems owning the back page next year.

As such, there is really no reason for me to continue to bash you Yankee fans and make you feel bad. You will have your own problems you will need to work out and rebuild on in the upcoming future.

sincerely submitting my resignation as a Yankee Hater,

Jermaine.

that was the most back-handed attempt at civility I have ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by Jermaine
    After this year, the Mets have made it further than the Yankees. Despite not winning 26 championships, we have a very strong team that will most likely succeed in the next year, and do more than the Yankees will. This year already succeeded in bringing New York back to being a National League town, and I dont think the Mets are gonna have any problems owning the back page next year.

As such, there is really no reason for me to continue to bash you Yankee fans and make you feel bad. You will have your own problems you will need to work out and rebuild on in the upcoming future.

Jermaine.
    i dont care what anyone says you are the best!!!

and btw i will never stop yankee hating......what would i do with all the free time?

I'm not trying to be civil, or mend any broken hearts here.

I just realize that the Mets task has suddenly became all encompassing and there is really no longer time nor the need to continue on in my destruction of the Yankees and their fans.

Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    i dont care what anyone says you are the best!!!

and btw i will never stop yankee hating......what would i do with all the free time?
    I just discovered the Mets Refugee Forum http://mets.forumup.us/

It's a really great forum actually and I've been spending all my time over there, you should check it out.

I just realize that the Mets task has suddenly became all encompassing and there is really no longer time nor the need to continue on in my destruction of the Yankees and their fans.

well at least you got that going for you

Oh thank you thank you thank you!!! I can finally start to recover and rebuild my shattered life from the "destruction" wrought by some anonymous semi-literate internet troll who follows an irrelevant second rate team.

You truly are a merciful soul...I don't know how I could have gone on.
    Last edited by Buffboy; 10-24-2006 at 10:52 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    1986 ... 1986 ... 1986

Jermaine, no one gives a damn that the Mets went "farther" than the Yanks this year. The Mets just lost to an 83 win team that the Mets should never have lost to. They were the worst team in the playoffs, bar none. Instead, the Mets blew it.

They will NEVER have an easier time making it to the World Series than this year. Never. It was an unbelievably easy road. But they blew it.

Live in your fantasy world, Jermaine, as I and the rest of the Yankee fans laugh at your idiocy. The Mets haven't won a damn thing in 20 years and counting, probably before you were born. You'll continue to wait and be devastated by the Mets' failure to win the big one.

Most of us Yankee fans here, in our 30s have celebrated 6 championships and the 20 year old Yankee fans have celebrated 4. That same group of 30 year old Met fans have celebrated a measly 1 championship and the 20 year olds like yourself have celebrated none.

1986. It was a great year. Ronald Reagan was president. Cable television had not yet reached most of the country. The internet and DVDs did not exist. PCs were not a household item. CD players were being sold for over $500. Pac Man was the biggest video game in the country with Atari being the main video game platform competing with Intelivision and Colicovision. 1986, I remember it well.

Jets Insider VIP

Jermaine.
    So you Were jealous of those Yankees!

Hall Of Fame

Good thing you've stopped hating.

Hall Of Fame
    Nice to know that even when the Mets lose you can still talk down to Yankee fans, right?

You'd think losing the NLCS would've grounded some Mets fans.

It's ok man, it's honestly ok.

No more hate.

You have a long road ahead of you on your way to become a respectable team once again, and though I do not wish you good luck, It's just no longer are the Yankees a threat, and therefore we can move on. And now that the Mets have captured the city we have a hard road of making sure we dont slip up and get back into the playoffs and get that world series victory.

let's focus on our respective teams and just move on. Please.

It's ok man, it's honestly ok.

No more hate.

You have a long road ahead of you on your way to become a respectable team once again, and though I do not wish you good luck, It's just no longer are the Yankees a threat, and therefore we can move on. And now that the Mets have captured the city we have a hard road of making sure we dont slip up and get back into the playoffs and get that world series victory.

let's focus on our respective teams and just move on. Please.

what are you talking about, long road ahead? The Yankees shared the best record in baseball with the Mets. If they make the right offseason moves, they will be a threat next season.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    1986 ... 1986 ... 1986

Jermaine, no one gives a damn that the Mets went "farther" than the Yanks this year. The Mets just lost to an 83 win team that the Mets should never have lost to. They were the worst team in the playoffs, bar none. Instead, the Mets blew it.

They will NEVER have an easier time making it to the World Series than this year. Never. It was an unbelievably easy road. But they blew it.

Live in your fantasy world, Jermaine, as I and the rest of the Yankee fans laugh at your idiocy. The Mets haven't won a damn thing in 20 years and counting, probably before you were born. You'll continue to wait and be devastated by the Mets' failure to win the big one.

Most of us Yankee fans here, in our 30s have celebrated 6 championships and the 20 year old Yankee fans have celebrated 4. That same group of 30 year old Met fans have celebrated a measly 1 championship and the 20 year olds like yourself have celebrated none.

1986. It was a great year. Ronald Reagan was president. Cable television had not yet reached most of the country. The internet and DVDs did not exist. PCs were not a household item. CD players were being sold for over $500. Pac Man was the biggest video game in the country with Atari being the main video game platform competing with Intelivision and Colicovision. 1986, I remember it well.
    You can't be serious in some of these remarks. The Mets had the most dilapidated pitching staff of ANY of the teams in the playoffs and we all know pitching wins in short series.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    You can't be serious in some of these remarks. The Mets had the most dilapidated pitching staff of ANY of the teams in the playoffs and we all know pitching wins in short series.
    Dont worry about it FJ... What I found to be an interesting sub-plot to this season was the way in which Yankee fans had difficulty "letting go"... Every team is meant to go through downswings and i'm sure they will make it back to the forefront eventually, but you just have to let it go sometimes, rebuild and move on.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet
    Mets starting pitching pitched well enough to win that series.

Game 2 was blown by the bullpen (6-4 lead..2 out in the 7th)

Game 3..Mets get shutout

Game 5..Glavine lost..Mets score 2 runs

Game 7..Perez pitched great..Mets score 1 run

How would any of this be different if Pedro and El Duque pitched instead of Maine and Perez?

And the Cardinals were missing Mulder and Izzy..so their pitching was down too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

I knew Jermaine could post in civil terms without dropping f bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    I knew Jermaine could post in civil terms without dropping f bombs.
    What are you, 6 years old?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

What are you, 6 years old?
    are you out of your mind?

I'm the guy that's banned you twice and warned you a bunch of other times...I'm done playing with you now. No more chances keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin
    are you out of your mind?

I'm the guy that's banned you twice and warned you a bunch of other times...I'm done playing with you now. No more chances keep that in mind.
    what would make me out of my mind for asking if your six years old?

you act like a fully grown man hasnt ever heard the "f word" before.

pansy.