Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican Add Against Harold Ford in Tenn

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Republican Add Against Harold Ford in Tenn

[URL=http://youtube.com/watch?v=kkiz1_d1GsA]Youtube[/URL]
    Am curious to hear comments on this add. Is it appropriate? Does it cross some lines?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is ugly and divisive. The people of E Tn think that Corker has no juice. He can't get the add pulled.

Corker is weak on the issues at least in declaring them and he has allowed HFJr to beat him on the right.

HFJr has more appeal and his intellect is higher than Corkers at least in the debates. His experience in Washington helps as Corker was only Mayor of Chatt.

It really shows when they debate thus Corker wont' do the debate on "Meet The Press" Attempting to slur someone is a common tactic that practioners forget when you sling mud you lose ground.

HFJr is getting a lot of pull from the E Tn Republican Party. As a matter of they introduced me to him last year even before he announced his run for Senate. That is part of the reason why Corker won't debate in Kville. He has no pull here.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    it's only divisive because it mocks the stances on issues by a dim candidate and talks of his previous past actions....

were a similar ad run about a Republican candidate mocking his stance on issues and previous actions that would be fair game.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]it's only divisive because it mocks the stances on issues by a dim candidate and talks of his previous past actions....

were a similar ad run about a Republican candidate mocking his stance on issues and previous actions that would be fair game.....[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.habitsmart.com/anger.html[/url]

1. Cognitive Deficits: People with anger control problems have an insufficient number of adaptive responses to provoking events. Research has shown that angry people, when asked how they would solve provocative situations, have fewer ideas than people without anger problems. There few ideas, not surprisingly, tend to be hostile.

2. Frequent False Positives: People with anger control problems often misconstrue events such that they feel provoked even when they are not. It has been found that people with anger control problems tend to be vigilant for presence of people deliberately hassling them. Therefore, due to only seeing part of the picture, they tend to misconstrue innocuous frequently.

3. Rigid Beliefs: People with anger control problems often possess steadfast beliefs as to the legitimacy of hostile retaliation. Some examples include, "Hostility is okay if someone does something to provoke it." or "The best way to get your needs met is to demand it." or "People are, for the most part, stupid and need to be dealt with forcefully." It is not difficult to imagine how adhering to such beliefs might lead to some volatile encounters.

4. Difficulty Anticipating Outcomes Before Action: People without anger problems are able to control how they respond to anger and actually keep it from getting out of control by predicting what "could" happen if they "lost it." People with anger problems tend to respond quickly without such forethought.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan][url]http://www.habitsmart.com/anger.html[/url]

[/QUOTE]

what happen? the recreation director at your trailer park never showed up for work this morning???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]it's only divisive because it mocks the stances on issues by a dim candidate and talks of his previous past actions....

were a similar ad run about a Republican candidate mocking his stance on issues and previous actions that would be fair game.....[/QUOTE]
    He went to a party given by Hugh Heffner during the Super Bowl. That makes him a playboy? That makes him a person of questionable morals and character unfit for a Senator - and oh by the way a little racial interplay thrown in?

This is a fair?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]He went to a party given by Hugh Heffner during the Super Bowl. That makes him a playboy? That makes him a person of questionable morals and character unfit for a Senator - and oh by the way a little racial interplay thrown in?

This is a fair?[/QUOTE]

what racial interplay are you referring to???

Would it be Ford's old man, a former congressman, referring to a pro-life workers as a "Cracker" on tape???

[url]http://hotair.com/archives/2006/10/24/video-harold-ford-sr-calls-pro-life-activists-crackers/[/url]
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 10-26-2006 at 11:20 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]what racial interplay are you referring to???

Would it be Ford's old man, a former congressman, referring to one of Corker's white campaign workers as a "Corker Cracker" on tape???[/QUOTE]
    Come on a naked white blonde girl telling a black man I want you. You don't think this has racial overtones - in some areas of Tenn especially?

Also I notice how you completely ignore the fact they are calling him a playboy just because he went to one Super Bowl party.

Sure to you that is fair game.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Come on a naked white blonde girl telling a black man I want you. You don't think this has racial overtones - in some areas of Tenn especially?

Also I notice how you completely ignore the fact they are calling him a playboy just because he went to one Super Bowl party.

Sure to you that is fair game.[/QUOTE]

He went to a "Super Bowl party"?? whose ignoring the facts???

not that any of it matters...it's the rats that are all in a tizz about this....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]He went to a "Super Bowl party"?? whose ignoring the facts???

not that any of it matters...it's the rats that are all in a tizz about this....[/QUOTE]
    And that makes him a man of questionable morals unfit to be Senator? That's a disgrace no matter how you want to spin it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]what racial interplay are you referring to???

Would it be Ford's old man, a former congressman, referring to a pro-life workers as a "Cracker" on tape???

[url]http://hotair.com/archives/2006/10/24/video-harold-ford-sr-calls-pro-life-activists-crackers/[/url][/QUOTE]

Hannity appologized for bringing this up last night on Hannity and Colmes...when the tape was replayed he was heard to say "tracker"...not "cracker". Hannity appologized to Harold Ford Jr. over the phone.

No "macaca" incident here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]He went to a "Super Bowl party"?? whose ignoring the facts???

not that any of it matters...it's the rats that are all in a tizz about this....[/QUOTE]

It's all fair game when it comes to election politics, if you want to beat the rats you have to be a bigger rat.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Come Back to NY]what happen? the recreation director at your trailer park never showed up for work this morning???[/QUOTE]

No. He said he had to go over to your park to try to get you to get your d*ck out of your sister.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]
    Also I notice how you completely ignore the fact they are calling him a playboy just because he went to one Super Bowl party.[/QUOTE]
    I notice too how you aren't mentioning the guns or tax issues raised, just the playboy/race angle. Guess what? If you're a politician from the Bible Belt, you go to Playboy parties at your own risk. There is nothing wrong with that ad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan]Come on a naked white blonde girl telling a black man I want you. You don't think this has racial overtones - in some areas of Tenn especially?[/QUOTE]

Are you saying it's wrong for blacks and whites to hook up?

I think we should ask senator robert byrd about that one.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan]No. He said he had to go over to your park to try to get you to get your d*ck out of your sister.[/QUOTE]

he'll be dissapointed when he gets here to find out my d!ck is stuck in your sister while your mom is taking care of my back-end with her tongue.....how's that tough guy???

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Spirit of Weeb]Are you saying it's wrong for blacks and whites to hook up?

I think we should ask senator robert byrd about that one.[/QUOTE]

that's the funny thing- the only people who consider that portion to have racial ovetones must be racist themselves....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance]I notice too how you aren't mentioning the guns or tax issues raised, just the playboy/race angle. Guess what? If you're a politician from the Bible Belt, you go to Playboy parties at your own risk. There is nothing wrong with that ad.[/QUOTE]
    The guns and tax issues is what we expect from moronic Republicans. Was very base, stupid, and crudely done but was not over the line.

If you really think that going to a Super Bowl party given by Hugh Heffner is something that people would look at you as unfit for the Senate then you have a very low opinion of the electorate even in the Bible Belt. Of course that doesn't surprise me that you think like that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guns and taxes and [I]moronic[/I] republicans?

I had a thoughtful answer written for this thread, but I'm done. You're useless. You are a cartoon character and the smugness of liberals knows no bounds. South Park is right - you guys probably enjoy the smell of your own farts.

See ya!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets5ever]Guns and taxes and [I]moronic[/I] republicans?

I had a thoughtful answer written for this thread, but I'm done. You're useless. You are a cartoon character and the smugness of liberals knows no bounds. South Park is right - you guys probably enjoy the smell of your own farts.

See ya![/QUOTE]
    Well it was nice knowing you. Did you watch the add? It was moronic. Totally trying to fear. Yes elect Ford and all your money will go to taxes and your guns will be taken away.

Like that will happen if Ford is elected?

You aught to come down off your high horse and see how this is just trying to spread fear. Yes it is moronic.

PS: If the Democrats ran an add and said if the Republican was elected you would have no more Social Security they would be morons also.

Being a moron is not a partisan issue.