Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOP at it again

GOP at it again

Slice the Vote

The NationThu Oct 26, 12:50 PM ET

The Nation -- Voters in three key areas of Virginia won't see Senate challenger Jim Webb's name on the summary page of their electronic ballots. Instead, thanks to a computer glitch, Webb's name will read "James H. 'Jim.'

Moreover, voters won't know that his opponent, George Allen, is a Republican.

Election officials attribute the errors to an increase in type size, which likely can't be remedied before the November 7 election. According to the Washington Post, the secretary of the Virginia State Board of Elections, Jean Jensen, "pledged to have it fixed by the 2007 statewide elections."

How reassuring. Despite the shrinkage on the summary page, Webb's full name will appear in the section where votes are actually cast. Election officials plan to post signs in voting booths explaining the discrepancy. If recent history is any indication, confusion will ensue.

Two local GOP legislators are calling for mandatory paper records to backup the erroneous electronic ballots. Good idea. It's only control of the US Senate that's potentially at stake.

[QUOTE=Jets2878]Slice the Vote

The Nation -- Voters in three key areas of Virginia won't see Senate challenger Jim Webb's name on the summary page of their electronic ballots. Instead, thanks to a computer glitch, Webb's name will read "James H. 'Jim.'

Election officials attribute the errors to an increase in type size, which likely can't be remedied before the November 7 election. According to the Washington Post, the secretary of the Virginia State Board of Elections, Jean Jensen, "pledged to have it fixed by the 2007 statewide elections."

How reassuring. Despite the shrinkage on the summary page, Webb's full name will appear in the section where votes are actually cast. Election officials plan to post signs in voting booths explaining the discrepancy. If recent history is any indication, confusion will ensue.

Two local GOP legislators are calling for mandatory paper records to backup the erroneous electronic ballots. Good idea. It's only control of the US Senate that's potentially at stake.[/QUOTE]
    Wasn't the Floridian chad mess centered in a heavily Democratic area and administered by Democrats? These "key" areas, are they key Democratic areas, perhaps? And what, Republican overseers ran in and f'd up the process? I seriously doubt it.

Democrats pick up senior citizens, ghetto dwellers in buses to drive them to vote. Think any vote "coaching" or coaxing goes on in those trips? The Democrats want to grant voting rights to felons, for crissakes.

Don't hand us this "THE REPUBLICANS ARE AT IT AGAIN" nonsense as if you're saying something, because you're not. The Democrats have a shameless track record and need to camouflage their own ideas from their own voters.

The fact is that after months of Democrats and mainstream media declaring this upcoming election over, their message now is one of excuse making should things not go their way. And you're hearing it here: it's not going to go their way. Not the Senate, not the House.

The GOP in Florida in the year 2000 basically tried to not allow blacks to vote.

[QUOTE=bman]The GOP in Florida in the year 2000 basically tried to not allow blacks to vote.[/QUOTE]

That is a completely ignorant statement if you truly believe this. They tried to block people that were [I]not registered to vote[/I]. It's a citizen's perogative to register to vote. Everyone [I]should do so[/I] but not everyone does. Democrat supporters in that election tried to get people that were not registered to vote, which is against the law.

The law should either be amended in order to allow all citizens to vote without registration AND require ID to do vote

OR

stay the same AND require ID to vote

But, to accuse them of trying to prevent blacks to vote is just silly.

[QUOTE=sackdance]Wasn't the Floridian chad mess centered in a heavily Democratic area and administered by Democrats? These "key" areas, are they key Democratic areas, perhaps? And what, Republican overseers ran in and f'd up the process? I seriously doubt it.
    [B]WRONG..KAtherine Harris and Jeb Bush were in charge. They hired a GOP friendly firm for a 2 million dollar contract to roll out the voter logs..The previous firm had a $60,000 dollar contract. This new firm tried to purge over 80,000 names. Mostly blacks who vote democrat. It was complete BS.

[I]Democrats pick up senior citizens, ghetto dwellers in buses to drive them to vote. Think any vote "coaching" or coaxing goes on in those trips? The Democrats want to grant voting rights to felons, for crissakes. [/I]
    [B][/B]REpubs never do this?!! MOST states allow ex cons to vote.[/B]

57,700 names were ordered to be purged by Jeb Bush and Harris..Harris's computers called them felons. In Florida, felons cannot vote. HOWEVER, 90% of the names on this list were NOT felons. over 54% were black and hispanic..so 50,000 people who should have been allowed to vote were NOT..

Something very very very fishy was going on down in FLA. If you can't see that then your just blind party faithful servant.

[QUOTE=bman]The GOP in Florida in the year 2000 basically tried to not allow blacks to vote.[/QUOTE]

George Bush does not care about black people. Kanye obviously had it right. Plus, Bush hates Halloween. Republicans are just so evil, they are the evilest evils who ever eviled.

Hall Of Fame

Two local GOP legislators are calling for mandatory paper records to backup the erroneous electronic ballots. Good idea. It's only control of the US Senate that's potentially at stake.[/QUOTE]

First off, this is on the SUMMARY PAGE. AFTER THE VOTES ARE MADE AND VIEWED / DISPLAYED CORRECTLY for selection.

Second, the only ones affected on the SUMMARY PAGE are NOT just DEMS.

Nice try though.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bman]57,700 names were ordered to be purged by Jeb Bush and Harris..Harris's computers called them felons. In Florida, felons cannot vote. HOWEVER, 90% of the names on this list were NOT felons. over 54% were black and hispanic..so 50,000 people who should have been allowed to vote were NOT..

Something very very very fishy was going on down in FLA. If you can't see that then your just blind party faithful servant.[/QUOTE]

Not a SINGLE STUDY by any PARTISAN or NON-PARTISAN group proved anything other than what the outcome was.

Further, the "buttefly ballot" was in a DEM COUNTY approved by DEM Organizers and overseen by DEM pols.

Even further, the group overseeing the official recounts had a DEM majority.

3 dems to 2 gop. :yes:

Instead of talking out of your arse, how about showing any shred of credible proof of anything you spout off about. :rolleyes:

JetsInsider.com Legend

I fail to see the big issue here. I fail to see how the GOP is at fault. I fail to see how the GOP isn't (based on the last comment) trying to fix these kinds of issues.

Fill me in, and please, lets talk about the issue at hand instead of many years old unrelated conspiracy theories. :rolleyes:

Try reading something other than JI..The Best Democracy Money Can Buy.

All those facts are found in freedom of information act..Try looking it up.
    I'll give you a dollar if you can tell me the name of the company contracted by Jeb and Harris to purge the so called felons.

[url]http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/27/us/politics/27race.html?ref=us[/url]

“This notion that elections are stolen and that elections are rigged is so common in the public sphere that we’re having to go out of our way to counter them this year,” said Donna Brazile, a Democratic strategist.

This will be the first midterm election in which the Democratic Party is mobilizing teams of lawyers and poll watchers, to check for irregularities including suppression of the black vote, in at least a dozen of the closest districts, Ms. Brazile said.

Hall Of Fame
    Do liberals ever stop whining? JE-sus, you're all spoiled little girls.

[QUOTE=jets5ever]Do liberals ever stop whining? JE-sus, you're all spoiled little girls.[/QUOTE]

Just have the GOP play fair....BTW I am an Independent

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg]Just have the GOP play fair....BTW I am an Independent[/QUOTE]

fair?? as let anyone vote....even if they are not legally registered to do so???

that sort of liberal fairness???

Hall Of Fame

Yes, yes, the GOP doesn't play fair and the Dems do. It says so, right on the label. I mean, Donna Brazile said so and the NYT agrees.

People need to stop f*cking whining all the time. The GOP will whine after they lose these elections and if the GOP does better than expected, the Dems will whine about elections being stolen or some other claptrap. Both parties absolutely suck...the Dems just suck worse in my opinion and they whine incessantly. Whine, whine, whine, whine..

For an independent, you sure are up to speed on liberal talking points.

[QUOTE=sackdance]For an independent, you sure are up to speed on liberal talking points.[/QUOTE]

Man, maybe in this circle, but in others...... :)

I just happen to be against the war. It was a waste from the start. Note all the backpedaling by the Bush administration.

I even posted where the troops are against the war. I don't know if that ever happened before. I spent 4 years in the Marines. So I am extremely Patriotic.

why is it so hard for you guys to realize that politics is CORRUPT..
    And YES, The GOP has done a LOT of terrible things..As has the Bush team..terrible things..Dems have too..
    Why can't you party servants see that
    Are you an American Citizen, or a republican?

[QUOTE=bman]why is it so hard for you guys to realize that politics is CORRUPT..
    And YES, The GOP has done a LOT of terrible things..As has the Bush team..terrible things..Dems have too..
    Why can't you party servants see that
    Are you an American Citizen, or a republican?[/QUOTE]

Hey, until the recent past I could not see a difference between the major two parties. The Bush/Cheney war has re-opened the difference between them.

In fact the GOP has let the Democrats take the higher moral ground and the intellectual ground in this election.