Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Forget the haters, the Cardinals still won it all

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Land of Superior Men
    Posts
    1,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Forget the haters, the Cardinals still won it all

    The title pretty much says everything

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    congrats!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    §omewhere ¯§afe®©¯™
    Posts
    11,171
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinois Jets Fan
    The title pretty much says everything
    Congrats on your Cards winning it all dude!!!

    No more Dekinger memories from 85!!!

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    the NL stinks

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    the cardinals got lucky......i hate to say it but i have 0 respect for them.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    the cardinals got lucky......i hate to say it but i have 0 respect for them.
    0 respect for them? get real. they came up in big spots.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    0 respect for them? get real. they came up in big spots.
    i am real....i have my views and you have yours.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    the cardinals got lucky......i hate to say it but i have 0 respect for them.
    Bitter to the end. That's the spirit!

    The Cards victory is the most surprising thing I've seen in baseball in a long time. They pretty much sucked for most of the season, barely got over .500 to close out the year and got hot in the playoffs. All this without Pujols hitting. Remarkable.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Bitter to the end. That's the spirit!

    The Cards victory is the most surprising thing I've seen in baseball in a long time. They pretty much sucked for most of the season, barely got over .500 to close out the year and got hot in the playoffs. All this without Pujols hitting. Remarkable.
    now that the cardinals beat the team that beat your team just curious what you have to say on the 83 win team.

    and btw i am not bitter i think that the mets and the tigers both choked against sucky pitching.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    now that the cardinals beat the team that beat your team just curious what you have to say on the 83 win team.

    and btw i am not bitter i think that the mets and the tigers both choked against sucky pitching.
    Props to the Cards. And to the Mets for losing to the team that won it all. As it goes, you shouldn't feel bad because the Mets had no chance as the Cards were a team of destiny.

    On the flip side, I agree with you that the Mets and Tigers choked against an inferior team. Wagner killed the Mets in game 2 and the the 7 day layoff was a complete rythm killer for the Tigers.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like
    F*ck Jeff Suppan, Jeff Weaver, David Eckstein, Yadier Molina, Albert Pujols, Scott Spezio {and that crap on his chin}, Scott Rolen, Ronnie Belliard, Adam Wainwright, Braden Looper, Jim Edmonds and a really big f*ck you to So Taguchi!!!! {for ruining the one NLCS game I attended}


    Seriously...congrats on the WS and see you on opening day in St. Louis.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC
    Props to the Cards. And to the Mets for losing to the team that won it all. As it goes, you shouldn't feel bad because the Mets had no chance as the Cards were a team of destiny.

    On the flip side, I agree with you that the Mets and Tigers choked against an inferior team. Wagner killed the Mets in game 2 and the the 7 day layoff was a complete rythm killer for the Tigers.
    losing a series does not equal choking. we lost. they played better.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    i am real....i have my views and you have yours.
    that's awesome. your view is wrong.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    6,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got back in town...saw the win while in Indy on the way to the Cleveland game...The Cards were the better team. They hit and they stopped Dtroits hitters. They were experienced and didn't make the silly errors, except for Duncan..

    I never doubted them.

    oh, I saw GOB at the Cleveland game..I had my Cardinals jersey on but he seemed to have forgotten his Tigers jersey

  15. #15
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    6,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    QUICK STORY:

    while turnig my car in at Cleveland Hopkins Airport, I see a kid, about 10, with his dad wearing a David Eckstein jersey. I have my Cardinals hat on and say, ALL RIGHT CARDINALS. He looks back at me and says, I LOST A BET. His dad says he is a Mets fan



    PRICELESS BABY

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound
    that's awesome. your view is wrong.
    comming from you that means nothing.......no wait less.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by emslave
    comming from you that means nothing.......no wait less.
    why not?

    no really, saying the WS Champs deserve no credit is a reasonable opinion

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    4,745
    Post Thanks / Like
    if a tree falls in the woods, and noone is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

    thats my reaction to the cards world series...if they hadnt beaten the mets in the NLCS, i would have absolutely no feeling one way or another about htem winning...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us