Thread: 10 Reasons to vote 'pub this election

10 Reasons to vote 'pub this election

[QUOTE]Reason #1. The economy is kicking butt. It is robust, vibrant, strong and growing. In the 36 months since the Bush tax cuts ended the recession that began under President Clinton, the economy has experienced astonishing growth. Over the first half of this year, our economy grew at a strong 4.1 percent annual rate, faster than any other major industrialized nation. This strong economic activity has generated historic revenue growth that has shrunk the deficit. A continued commitment to spending restraint has also contributed to deficit reduction.[/QUOTE]

[URL=http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/10/25/200850.shtml?s=al&promo_code=27A5-1]More reasons[/URL]

In the interest of fairness and tolerance, someone start a thread on "10 Reasons to vote 'rat this election!"

[QUOTE=asuusa][URL=http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/10/25/200850.shtml?s=al&promo_code=27A5-1]More reasons[/URL]

In the interest of fairness and tolerance, someone start a thread on "10 Reasons to vote 'rat this election!"[/QUOTE]First off, I'm not a Democrat.

Second, the economy is not in great shape and recent news is not promising. New housing prices dropped more than 9 percent in September. The biggest drop in 35 years.

I'll try to find a link, but real estate values plummenting are not a good sign for the economy.

Our "great" economy is hanging on by a thread.

[url]http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/26/news/economy/economy_outlook/index.htm?postversion=2006102711[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod]Our "great" economy is hanging on by a thread.

[url]http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/26/news/economy/economy_outlook/index.htm?postversion=2006102711[/url][/QUOTE]

Did you even read your own article?

[QUOTE]Even that report has not dissuaded some economists from believing that [U]the underlying economy is stronger[/U] than many had thought it would be with a sharp drop in housing.

"GDP is about yesterday and it will be revised," said economist Robert Brusca of FAO Economics. "What does this GDP report say about growth ahead? I think - coupled with recent monthly indicators - [U]it is upbeat[/U]."

That's two of a bunch of quotes in your own article talking about how strong the economy is DESPITE the falling housing market.

Listen, this housing boom was brought upon by some of the lowest interest rates in a long time. Damn near everyone that was even remotely able to buy houses did so. Damn near everyone that could upgrade did so. Damn near everyone that could cash-out refi did so.

This has to come to an end sometime. There are only just so many dang people to buy.

A big reason why the housing boom is going to dry up is because of ignorant people buying into the hype of interest-only ARM loans. People are finding themselves buying waaay more house than they should and are going to feel the heavy weight bearing down on them when the interest-only period of their mortgage expires, the rates (which these int-only carry THICK margins) go way up.

Go and refi again? Not likely as the value of their home has now decreased due to the market flood of investor sell-outs, foreclosures, builders dripping prices etc. These same suckers are now waaay upside-down and can't get an appraisel to meet the Loan-to-value they need to get out of the mortgage they thought would be their ticket to a bigger better house.

Look at Florida. There are something like 24,000 foreclosures. Leading the nation. There are expectations that this number will DOUBLE over the next 12 months. All because of the meteoric rise then drop in home values and the sucker-punch of interest-only loans.

Rookie
    Reason #6. Since 9/11, no terrorist attacks have occurred on U.S. soil. Since 9/11 the U.S. has not been attacked by terrorists thanks to such programs as the administration's monitoring of communications between al-Qaida operatives overseas and their agents in the U.S. and the monitoring of the international movement of terrorist funds -- both measure bitterly opposed by Democrats.

This is what I worry about the most that the Democrats will start backing out of the programs in place. Terrorists will see we are faultering with our determination and will double their attacks on US interests.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm not a Repub or a Demo, I'll vote for who ever I think will do the best job.

Reason #5, seems to be step up bull****. What has happened in the last few months other then up coming elections to drop the price of gas. The threat of Iran and Korea is still there and we are still fighting. Is this a marketing scam to make the Repubs look better or is there a real reason?

[QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]Did you even read your own article?

[QUOTE]Even that report has not dissuaded some economists from believing that [U]the underlying economy is stronger[/U] than many had thought it would be with a sharp drop in housing.

"GDP is about yesterday and it will be revised," said economist Robert Brusca of FAO Economics. "What does this GDP report say about growth ahead? I think - coupled with recent monthly indicators - [U]it is upbeat[/U]."

That's two of a bunch of quotes in your own article talking about how strong the economy is DESPITE the falling housing market.

Listen, this housing boom was brought upon by some of the lowest interest rates in a long time. Damn near everyone that was even remotely able to buy houses did so. Damn near everyone that could upgrade did so. Damn near everyone that could cash-out refi did so.

This has to come to an end sometime. There are only just so many dang people to buy.

A big reason why the housing boom is going to dry up is because of ignorant people buying into the hype of interest-only ARM loans. People are finding themselves buying waaay more house than they should and are going to feel the heavy weight bearing down on them when the interest-only period of their mortgage expires, the rates (which these int-only carry THICK margins) go way up.

Go and refi again? Not likely as the value of their home has now decreased due to the market flood of investor sell-outs, foreclosures, builders dripping prices etc. These same suckers are now waaay upside-down and can't get an appraisel to meet the Loan-to-value they need to get out of the mortgage they thought would be their ticket to a bigger better house.

Look at Florida. There are something like 24,000 foreclosures. Leading the nation. There are expectations that this number will DOUBLE over the next 12 months. All because of the meteoric rise then drop in home values and the sucker-punch of interest-only loans.[/QUOTE]Trust me, I know, I live in Florida. If you consider this to be a good sign for the economy, you're nuts. When economists are starting to talk about a key economic indicator being in a "near depression" it's not promising.

Did you happen to notice the other articles that one links you too? Like the one that tells of how growth has slowed for three months? A telling sign that a recession is coming.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod][QUOTE=JetFanTransplant]Did you even read your own article?

Trust me, I know, I live in Florida. If you consider this to be a good sign for the economy, you're nuts. When economists are starting to talk about a key economic indicator being in a "near depression" it's not promising.

Did you happen to notice the other articles that one links you too? Like the one that tells of how growth has slowed for three months? A telling sign that a recession is coming.[/QUOTE]

Holy cow... talk about a reach. Sure, growth has slowed over the last few months. Bound to do so when growth was relatively HIGH for the years prior.

I never said that a slowing in the housing market = a good sign for the economy. Just proving to you via your own article that it is NOT causing a huge impact.

If you haven't figured it out yet, slower than high growth is STILL GROWTH no where near a recession. Stop being so alarmist. There is not a single reputable economist calling for an eminent recession like what you are implying.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/aaargoxx/bumperstickers/votebehead.jpg[/IMG]

What a threat.

[QUOTE=Come Back to NY][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/aaargoxx/bumperstickers/votebehead.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Check out this link:

A SUPERPOWER IN DECLINE
    America's Middle Class Has Become Globalization's Loser

[url]http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,439766,00.html[/url]

This undoubtedly superior United States doesn't exist anymore. As a center of power, it is still more powerful than others, but for some years now that energy has been flowing in the opposite direction. Today, Asian, Latin American and European nations are also playing a role in the United States's productive core. The world's greatest exporter became its greatest importer. The most important creditor became the most important debtor.

Today, foreigners dispose of assets in the United States with a net value of $2.5 trillion, or 21 percent of gross domestic product. Nine percent of shares, 17 percent of corporate bonds and 24 percent of government bonds are held by foreigners.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Klecko73isGod]First off, I'm not a Democrat.

Second, the economy is not in great shape and recent news is not promising. New housing prices dropped more than 9 percent in September. The biggest drop in 35 years.

I'll try to find a link, but real estate values plummenting are not a good sign for the economy.[/QUOTE]

Thats more of a correction to bloated prices than anything else.